Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the cheapest place to get the masterpiece Soundwave.

Where is the cheapest place to get the masterpiece Soundwave.

So I've seen them on eBay. I've seen them on bbts. Where else are they being sold. And where is the cheapest. I loved that toy as kid and that new version looks amazing so I need to have him and the 2 two packs as well. Thanks.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Hi
    Here are some other places.

tfsource
    189.95 free shipping.

Robot kingdom
    Price : US$ 169.90 paypal only not sure about shipping

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    yea that masterpiece Soundwave could potentially be my 2013 Toy of the Year hands down, and that is even knowing Castle Grayskull is coming. It is AMAZING. And the tape 2 packs are great too.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I had soundwave for 169.00 at bigbadtoystore shipping wasn't included though, I deleted the order last week.
    I'll eventually pick up Soundwave and his deranged children but i'm going to wait just a little longer.
    There are rumors that Soundwave may come to the states like Optimus Prime mp 10 did as a tru exclusive.
    The gentleman in the video does state this rumor at the end of the video.

Review
    Takara Masterpiece 13 Soundwave
    enjoy
    Last edited by Mophead; January 28, 2013 at 12:15am.

Robot Kingdom is based in Hong Kong, so shipping will likely be a bit more than the US based shops. BBTS's price is $5 cheaper than TFSource; that might be the best you're going to find at this point.

You may be able to snag the cassettes from some of the Japanese shops when they get their stock. I believe their packages will be small enough to ship SAL (economy shipping). Preorders are sold out at the more popular shops, but sites like AmiAmi and Hobbysearch usually get some extra stock that they put up for sale when it arrives. They're most likely gonna sell out quick though, so you have to be online at just the right time to get lucky.

I think there's a pretty good chance Hasbro will bring Soundwave over to the states, so that's what I'm going to hold out for.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

So if he comes to the us will he be cheaper. If so I will definitely wait it out.
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Not necessarily. If he is a Toys R Us exclusive, all bets are off. I had to pay $150 for the Optimus Prime. Not to mention that I only found one. F that. I picked up the Takara 10 reissue from somebody in the forums. That's good enough for me. Not in the mood to play these games.

Besides, when you pay a lot for a figure you are afraid to open it up and interact with it in case it breaks..... kind of defeats the purpose of having it.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I want this bad. MOTUC is my prioity I also want some more hot toys and some sword replicas, but I want soundwave, never had him but he was always one of my favourite tfs
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Just got my Soundwave today from BBTS.Its definitely the toy of the year so far.I got it pre-ordered back when it was 159.You guys should not wait to get this,if Hasbro releases this, I'm not sure if they would make his feet diecast too.

Quote Originally Posted by labrat1881 View Post
    Just got my Soundwave today from BBTS.Its definitely the toy of the year so far.I got it pre-ordered back when it was 159.You guys should not wait to get this,if Hasbro releases this, I'm not sure if they would make his feet diecast too.
    yeah i worry about that too, hopefully i can get it soon. we will see.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I am going to wait till the end of June.

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    I had soundwave for 169.00 at bigbadtoystore shipping wasn't included though, I deleted the order last week.
    I'll eventually pick up Soundwave and his deranged children but i'm going to wait just a little longer.
    There are rumors that Soundwave may come to the states like Optimus Prime mp 10 did as a tru exclusive.
    The gentleman in the video does state this rumor at the end of the video.

Review
    Takara Masterpiece 13 Soundwave
    enjoy

Three more places I could recommend checking:
    Toy Arena.com
    CapturedPrey.com
    Chimungmung.com
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I want that thing so bad, but no way am I paying that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Not necessarily. If he is a Toys R Us exclusive, all bets are off. I had to pay $150 for the Optimus Prime. Not to mention that I only found one. F that. I picked up the Takara 10 reissue from somebody in the forums. That's good enough for me. Not in the mood to play these games.

Besides, when you pay a lot for a figure you are afraid to open it up and interact with it in case it breaks..... kind of defeats the purpose of having it.
    I got Optimus for $109, gotta love TRU's ever changing price scale

TFsource has free shipping over $150 so keep that in mind, that is usually where I order all my expensive Transformers because BBTS charges shipping where as TFsource does not
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I got Optimus for $109, gotta love TRU's ever changing price scale

LOL. I had heard it was $100, but it was unmarked. I took it up to the register and was basically praying that it would be $100
    I have yet to open him months later. Too afraid that I might break him. I suck at transforming them. He's staying in the box, LOL.

They'll mark him up when he sells, but they won't mark down Thundercracker, who doesn't sell. They have had like 15 of them for I don't know how many months.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 31, 2013 at 02:35am.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I love Transformers, and this thing is gorgeous. All the power to anyone that wants to drop $190 on this little toy robot. I'll wait for a TRU release or live without it. Its just not worth it to me.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 10, 2013 at 06:35am.

This link might be of interest. I assume we will see more at Toyfair, but I assume if it will see a Hasbro release in Australia, it will in the US as well.

http://tformers.com/transformers-has...9392/news.html

hanks to OzFormers member Ultra Mackness and griffinwho has managed to get a little time with Hasbro's Austrialian representives who informed them Hasbo down-under are planning to release both a Masterpiece Soundwave as well as a Masterpiece Acid Strom that we assume will be a Seeker repaint. These figures are said to be be in stores around July of this year. Read on for the full details from OZformers below.

Ultra Mackness's Comments on Soundwave
    Okay so to help me make a decision about whether I give Takara my cash for MP Soundwave, I decided to email Hasbro about whether there will be a Hasbro release of MPSW or not and just got this reply:

Hi Michael, I am sorry for the delay in responding. I have checked with a colleague who specializes in Transformers. He has confirmed that the Masterpiece Soundwave line will be sold in Australia through Toys-R-Us, but not until July 2013. They are expected to sell in Toys-R-Us from July to September. Kind regards, Hasbro Consumer Services
    T: 1-300-138-697 - custservau@hasbro.com
    HASBRO AUSTRALIA LIMITED: ABN: 69 004 348 565

Griffin's Comments on Acid Storm
    As mentioned in the Hasbro MP Soundwave topic (which is now confirmed to be coming out in mid-2013), I asked ToysRUs if any more Masterpiece toys are in their system, hoping it was Sideswipe.... but no, a different Masterpiece toy by Hasbro is coming to ToysRUs at the same time as Soundwave.....

Acid Storm.
    A green Starscream redeco, to add to the Masterpiece seeker squadron.

Priced at AU$100, it is $20 more than Thundercracker... so could have a similar price increase in America.

Considering how many Masterpiece toys are coming out of Japan at the moment, I was not expecting Hasbro to release one that Japan hasn't done (yet).
    Acid Storm was a classic-verse toy/character that didn't get released in Japan either, so maybe this MP toy is a Hasbro exclusive as well.

We are dedicated to being to be the best resource for all your Transformers news and reviews every day. Keep your browser dialed to Tformers.com for updates as they happen.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

So they will make a soundwave for the us. I'll wait then.

Wonder why we are getting Acid Storm and not Starscream or Skywarp?

If anyone sees him out there please let me know. You can pm me here or email me.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman75 View Post
    Wonder why we are getting Acid Storm and not Starscream or Skywarp?
    Probably because they released those two in the last couple of years. I would nt mind them to release them again using the new tweaked tooling they used for thundercracker.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Was Thudercracker released in the US? I missed it if he was.

Of course I skipped Skywarp, so maybe I am better off, lol.

Thundercracker was released in the US and I still see him in store so you may still see him. I would love it if Hasbro released Starscream and Skywarp in the new mold.

And here is some news from Toyfair. I'll try and post more when possible:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19935

- Transformers Masterpiece with new Japan logo and first up is Acid Storm who is a green seeker and Soundwave with all 5 cassettes and Frenzy and Rumble will have ground
    pounders.

Great news that Soundwave will have all 5 cassettes! That should be Lazerbeak, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy and Buzzsaw!

NEW YORK TOY FAIR 2013

Mike Vogel from Hasbro Studios had first presentation.

Princess Twilight Sparkle
    Lot more episodes

Transformers Presentation
    Joshua Lamb and Jerry Jivoin

Transformers Masterpiece
    --------------------------------------------------
    Masterpiece Acid Storm
    Masterpiece Soundwave with all 5 Cassette Minions (Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Buzzsaw, and Laserbeak)

That is so cool.
    Just have to find out when it is being released and where ( probably TRU exclusive like
    the rumor mill has predicted)

Very cool