Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok Present: The Slave City

Iceman and Gbagok Present: The Slave City

After a loooooong wait, Iceman and I are proud to present a new MOTU Adventure:

Chapter One: Trouble in Targa

It’s a peaceful afternoon on Eternia, and Prince Adam is busily wasting time fishing with Cringer by the Oberon Lake. He was told to prepare for some kind of celebration back in Eternos, but the prince was tired of responsibilities. After weeks of saving Eternia from various catastrophes as He-Man, he felt he and Cringer had both earned time to relax. But their sport is interrupted when he hears sounds of a struggle nearby. He sees a strange creature, not unlike a Snake Man, running for its life from large, horned beings with fang-like daggers and wide nets. At once the Prince raises his sword and calls on the power of Grayskull to become He-Man. Just as the horned hunters corner their frightened prey, He-Man and Battle Cat charge into the fight.

The Hunters speak to each other a language He-Man cannot understand, but he warns them to leave peacefully. The creatures charge, but Battle Cat bats them away with his mighty paws. He-Man bests the Hunters’ leader, sword to sword, and he is startled to find his opponent almost as strong as himself. But the hunters were not expecting resistance, and they do not stay when they realize this new warrior is a force to be reckoned with.

He-Man turns to the creature he has rescued and is startled to see that it too has gone. “Did we stumble on a disappearing act, Battle Cat,” he asks with a good spirited laugh. But he sees that the creature’s foot prints stop by the rock in front of him. “It’s all right,” he says reassuringly, hoping that the creature is still in ear shot. “We are friends.”

“Friend?” comes a voice from right in front of him. A figure steps away from the rock, appearing at first to be made of rock as well. Then the figure’s skin changes to reveal a reptilian hide. “You saved me from the Gargons. Are you . . . an Eternian?”

“I am. My name is He-Man. And you?”

“I . . . do not know my name. I come from the Slave Pits of Targa where I was called Lizard Man before I escaped.”

“Slave Pits? That’s not possible, there is no slavery on Eternia, especially not in Targa! My fa---King Randor would never allow it.”

“I do not know this King Randor. I only know of the Slave Masters, and the digging. We were all there, myself and others like me.”

He-Man takes Lizard Man to Eternos, where he tells his story of the Slave Pits and his narrow escape. “I have heard of your people,” Man-At-Arms remarks. “The Reptons are close cousins of the Snake Men. Kobra Kahn recently escaped from prison, and it’s rumored he’s sought shelter with them.” King Randor however, refuses to draw conclusions based on rumors. Queen Marlena is especially concerned by Lizard Man’s news, as she has visited Targa often in preparation for the Circos Eternia, a traditional competition to be hosted by Targa in three days’ time.

“We were scheduled to leave for Targa the day after tomorrow,” Randor observes, “but perhaps under the circumstances we should go in the morning. Until then, Lizard Man, you are welcome to stay with us.”
    Last edited by gbagok; September 1, 2012 at 02:00pm.

The next day, the Eternians voyage to Targa with caution. The city is teeming with activity in preparations for the games. A regal and richly dressed woman meets them as they disembark, as does Senator Geldor, who Queen Marlena greets first. “Highnesses,” he says to Marlena and Randor, “Her majesty Queen Balina receives you in her husband King Torgul’s stead. ” Marlena is shocked, as she had visited with Torgul only a month ago.

“Torgul’s health is not what it once was, Marlena,” says Balina firmly. “He regrets to miss you today, but with any luck he will be well enough to preside over the Circos.”

Geldor gives her a sharp look, and quickly adds, “Of course, if Torgul does not improve, Targa would be deeply grateful if the King of Eternia would take his place in the ceremony.” Randor and Man-At-Arms exchange curious looks, but Randor accepts the offer cautiously.

“Wonderful,” Balina declares. “Now, let us show our guests the meaning of true Targan hospitality!”

“Yes, we’ve heard about Targan hospitality already,” Teela remarks coldly, eliciting a stern look from her father.

Marlena relates Lizard Man’s story, but Geldor dismisses it quickly. “Perhaps the Reptons are spreading false propaganda. A few of them have caused trouble in our city since the defeat of the Snake Men. When we started arresting those trouble makers, there were shouts of bigotry. Perhaps your forgetful friend was confused by the same lies.” Lizard Man’s eyes burn angrily, and Adam speaks up for him before he says anything he might regret.

Seizing her moment to change the subject, Balina looks over Adam and laughs. “Marlena, you did not tell Torgul that your son had grown so tall--or so handsome. He must meet my stepdaughter Maran. She too is growing up and will soon need a suitable companion.”

Adam squirms nervously at Balina’s attempt at matchmaking, and Teela teases him later. “Afraid of leaving bachelorhood so soon, Adam?”

“It’s not that,” he tells her. “When I was a kid, I was friends with both Maran and Prince Dakkon of Oberon. Dakkon has been in love with her for years, and I thought Maran felt the same way, about him.”

Dakkon arrives later with the Oberon delegation. He is thrilled to see Adam again, and remembers Teela as well. “I’m the only one who could beat you at Skyball,” he laughs.

“Yeah,” Adam says under his breath, “because she had a crush on you she let you win.” Teela elbows Adam in the ribs but can only manage an awkward smile to Dakkon.

That afternoon at a banquet for the delegates, Adam and Teela describe Lizard Man’s story to Dakkon, but he is very doubtful. “My father and Torgul don’t always get along, but I can’t believe the Targans would allow such a thing. And Maran wouldn’t keep it from me.” But Maran does not attend the banquet, and Dakkon is troubled by Balina’s indifference to him. Soon Dakkon is just as worried as the Eternians.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 31, 2012 at 05:41pm.

“We can’t make an official charge without proof,” Marlena cautions that evening as they discuss the dilemma. “The Targans are one of the last hold outs in the Council of Eternia. We shouldn’t jeopardize that by making unfounded accusations.” Adam and Teela both protest, sure that Lizard Man is telling them the truth, but their fathers reproach them quickly.

“Politics is a careful art,” Randor reminds them. “Knowing whom to trust takes experience, and it’s high time you started earning some, Adam.”

“He has a point,” Teela says to Adam later. “The Elders know your strength isn’t as a warrior.” Adam grimaces and politely says nothing more.

Dakkon suggests that they take Lizard Man to the Reptons themselves. “They live somewhere in the Sub-Eternian caves beneath Cold Stone Mountain. The tunnels there are like a maze that only the Reptons can navigate, but maybe, if they see one of their own they will speak to him.”

The next morning, Dakkon, Adam, Teela and Lizard Man take sky sleds to the mysterious Stone Mountain. The magnificent visage of the mountain is hewn to resemble a great reptilian head, but there are no signs of the Reptons themselves. They land their sky sleds in the fields under the mountain and are about to explore when an armed group of Reptons emerge from the green and encircle them. “Do not try to escape, Mammal Borns!”

“What is the meaning of this,” Dakkon demands. “We are friends and come with one of your own.”

“Yesss, we’ve been waiting for that traitor to return,” calls a familiar voice. Kobra Kahn steps out from the other Reptons.

“And now all of you will face justice for your many crimes against the Repton race!”

Adam and Teela cover their anti-Snake Men emblems too late. “This doesn’t look good, does it,” Adam asks Lizard Man.

How will our heroes escape Kobra Kahn? Who are the Mysterious Gargons? And what evil goes on in Targa, City of Intrigue? Find out in the next exciting chapter: “The Cold Zone.”
    Last edited by gbagok; August 31, 2012 at 05:40pm.

Awesome, guys!

It's great to see some familiar faces and this story looks like a doozy!

I love the art and it looks just like a still from a professional animated film. If we could be so lucky as to have more He-Man cartoons of this quality!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

AWESOME guys! Absolutely LOVE the art! This is a TON of FUN! Keep it coming!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

AWESOME!... as usual
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Rock Solid!

You two have contributed so much with your work, thanks for keeping MOTU alive and well!

As for the story; great return for the Reptons! I had hoped the show or comic would explore this avenue, and here we are getting it.

The artwork is superb! I love that horned thingie (Gargon) and the Targa royal guard people. Ace. So, am I to assume by design that this is where the Cosmic Enforcer is chosen from (not trying to ruin this with possible spoilers; just me thinking outloud) or was that just to keep some familiarity to the characters?

Great way to finish a Sunday night...
    Last edited by Dex-Gar; November 7, 2005 at 12:17am.
    Artists whose work you need to see to believe:
    gbagok----buffalo bill-man-----boo----Sllohcin
    Writers whose work is immortalized:
    catslyn-----eideann-----------divia

my hat off to you ladies and gentleman, truly inspiring work.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Amazing stuff guys amazing!!

Slave City has been one of the coolest stories in MOTU, I liked the toon version as well as the mini comic and now yours.

Are there going to be fight scenes?
    Last edited by Mike Bock; November 7, 2005 at 01:20am.

*TWITCH*

Gah gah gah gah... laa da da da.... *DROOL*

dah dahml dahln ;/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This sure is one wing-dang-doodle of a story and artwork! I love it. More, more, more! Please, me want more.

Lycan
    Incredible, as always. Can't wait to see the custom figures inspired by it
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

That rocks! More! MOOOOORE!!!!!!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    superb once again
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Great artwork
    Great story
    Great introduction
    Who would have thought that the two of you could improve from "Anwat Gar" but you did!!

Chapter Two: The Cold Zone

Teela distracts the Reptons with her freeze ray and tells Adam and Dakkon to fly to safety. Adam escapes, but Dakkon refuses to leave Teela. Concealed by the jungle, Adam and Cringer transform into He-Man and Battlecat and ride to the rescue. Malevolently Kahn hisses with recognition when he sees He-Man and orders the Reptons to attack in force.

He-Man spars with the Repton warriors, dodging their energy weapons and narrowly escaping the jaws of the Reptal beasts. He insists that he does not wish to harm them, to which Kahn only laughs. “You’ll be the one hurting, Pig Flesh! Your crimes against Repton kind are legendary!” He-Man continues to avoid their weapons, but still does not return their force with his own. Lizard Man begs the Reptons to stop, and Kahn makes a move to strike him when another Repton grabs the Snake Man’s arm.

“We do not harm our own,” says the big Repton.

A smaller Repton wearing spectacles steps forward beside him and nods. “My comrade Scales is correct, Kahn. The Repton code forbids harm to other Reptons. And although these outsiders have intruded on our land, they have not done us harm—and you have given them ample opportunity and reason.” The Repton introduces himself as Sala-Man-Dor, and asks that the intruders explain themselves.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 23, 2005 at 10:14am.

“Our friend Lizard Man here suffers from amnesia. He says he was a slave, and he was chased by creatures called Gargons. We hoped you would be able to help him.” Sala-Man-Dor considers He-Man’s answer, then asks them to follow him inside Cold Stone Mountain.

Teela and Dakkon voice their fears, and concern for Adam, but He-Man assures them of Adam’s escape and their own safety. Once inside the underground complex, they follow Sala-Man-Dor through a series of massive cavern chambers. There they come into a great hall where many Reptons have gathered. Some Reptons are armed, but many look like refugees, sick and weakened. At the front of the great hall is a throne where King Pythos sits. Kobra Kahn, clearly the main accuser of the outsiders, addresses the King first.

“These outsiders have come to enslave more of our people, sire! We must make an example of them, to show the other Mammal Borns that we will not be captured like animal prey!”

“So it’s true,” Teela asks. “Some one is hunting your people? Why didn’t you tell King Randor or Torgul?”

Sala-Man-Dor answers, “Unfortunately yes, that much is true. The Hunters have plagued us for the past year, ever since news came that the Snake Men had been defeated at last. When Kahn returned to us, he said that Eternos and Targa were our enemies.”

“Oberon would have helped you,” Dakkon insists, but Sala-Man-Dor tells him that emissaries were sent to Oberon and never returned.

“You see! They are the ones who have persecuted us all!” Kahn yells, and others among the Reptons agree.

“Yes," barks another Repton, "they hunt us thinking we are Snake Men criminals!”

“But Kahn IS a Snake Man,” Teela protests, to which the other Reptons howl with anger.

She tries to explain that he had served King Hsss, but no one would listen above the cries of “reptile hater.”

“I don’t understand,” Dakkon interjects. “If you’re hiding from hunters, why live in a mountain with a lizards’ head on it?”

“What you see here is all that remains of our once rich native culture,” says Pythos slowly, rising from his throne and approaching them. “This mountain is sacred stone to us. Blood was shed to keep it free for centuries. Cold Blood. Cold Stone. Tell me, Mammal Born . . . why have you come?”

He-Man explains how Lizard Man came to them and how He-Man saved him from the Gargons. Lizard Man tries to recount his escape from the Slave Pits, but his memory is still very vague.

“You cannot trust this traitor,” Kahn screams, “He brought these humans upon us! They imprisoned me for my Repton heritage!”

Sala-Man-Dor interjects, “Kahn was once a criminal even among us, Your Majesty. His extremist ideology has always been at odds with our own ways. The Eternians have never come to our valley before.”

“Exactly!” Kahn bellows, “they’ve never cared about our well being before, yet now we should trust them?”

“Pythos,” says He-Man, “I can’t change what wrongs you have already suffered. But I am here now. If you would have my help, I offer it. And I think I can speak for Eternos and Oberon on that matter as well.” He looks to Teela and Dakkon, who both nod in agreement.

Pythos dwells on He-Man’s words before speaking. “We would be most grateful for any help to find our abducted countrymen. As for the one you call Lizard Man, we shall search for his family while our healers try to repair his memory.”

“No!” yells Kahn. “You must not join with Eternos! You must not—“

“You have said enough, Kobra Kahn," says Pythos harshly. "Your family was once well-regarded, but your ways are not our ways. If you cannot live with my decree, you may return to the Snake Men in the prisons of Eternos.”

Kahn’s hiss is low and menacing. “Sssso be it, old fool! Let the Reptonssss sssuffer and die for all I care!” He throws down a gas grenade and vanishes in the explosion. Suddenly the entire cavern quakes and a tremendous rumbling fills its space. A wall explodes and in pours hundreds of Gargons wielding their blades and nets.

He-Man fights the Gargons, holding them back while the Reptons flee. Lizard Man and Dakkon try to help him, but the Gargons overpower them both. Teela and Battlecat keep Pythos safe, but the Gargons fill the cavern like flood water. “Protect your king,” Sala-Man-Dor yells to the Repton warriors trying to flee. “Or does a stranger hold Pythos in higher esteem than his own people?” The Reptons, encouraged by these words, attack the Gargons and for a moment the tide of battle shifts. The Gargons streaming into the cavern part for their leader, a magician with glowing eyes. He speaks strange alien words that cause the air around him to crackle and spark.

“Battlecat,” He-Man yells over the magical storm, “get Teela and the others to safety! Get them—" but his words are drowned out as the magician casts a shockwave of energy around him.

The Reptons and He-Man are all knocked down. Teela and Battlecat take cover with Sal and Pythos, but Dakkon is struck by the blast. Then the magical light fades and Teela looks up to see nothing but thousands of glowing Gargon eyes in the shadow and smoke. He-Man is gone, and dares not to call out for him and risk alerting the Gargons to her location. She sees Dakkon unconscious and with Sala-Man-Dor drags him out of the Gargons’ view. When she is unable to wake him, Pythos advises that she take him back to Oberon and seek help.

He sends Sala-Man-Dor to help her, saying, “I know these caves well, my friends, and can elude any outsiders. I must stay with my people, or their hope will be lost.”

Reluctantly, Teela agrees. Battlecat takes her up with Sala-Man-Dor and the unconscious Dakkon and bounds through the caverns. Sal directs them through the many passages until they reach the surface. “I hope we’re right to leave He-Man behind,” Teela says to herself.

Back inside the cavern, the Gargons find He-Man unconscious and summon their leader to inspect him. The Magician frowns at the human. “Another sympathizer? Very well. Geldor will have use for him in the Arena. Take him to the Dungeons of Targa.”

What evil has been done to He-Man? Will he escape the dreaded Slave Pits of Targa? Will the other Masters discover this fiendish plot? Find out in the next chapter: “Beneath the Slave City!”
    Last edited by gbagok; August 31, 2012 at 05:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    What evil has been done to He-Man? Will he escape the dreaded Slave Pits of Targa? Will the other Masters discover this fiendish plot? Find out in the next chapter: “Beneath the Slave City!”

Oh the drama!!!

This is great guys KEEP IT UP!!!

Wow, that's amazing. I wish I knew the old story, but i am greatly enjoying this one nevertheless! As for the pictures I really love the picture of the royal family, it looks really deep and 'real'

This is FANTASTIC!!!
    Great work once again!
    The artwork is amazing, and I'm loving the story line.
    Thanks for keeping the MOTU alive!
    The names Two-Bug, but you can call me Web-Off... ehh... or Buzz-Stor... err... whatever.

oh how long i've waited for another gbagok/iceman adventure

*bows gracefully in your presence*
    Me i'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid.- Capt Jack Sparrow

Heroic Warrior
    Some amazing work right there, and thes tory to go along with it is great - and apart from the profile images the little scene throughout the story are excellent.
    "You Must Show No Mercy Nor Have Any Belief, Whatsoever In How Others Judge You, For Your Greatness Will Silence Them All"

Fun stuff! Good art. Keep it up guys.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    this is cool. I was having a bad day, but reading this makes me feel better.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Im glad you're all enjoying it so far! Thank goodness Gbagok got it posted as I have been very busy trying to move into a new apartment so have been slacking a bit. Wait till you see the next few chapters!
    Last edited by oICEMANo; November 8, 2005 at 04:53am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Just wow. Simply amazing.

No words... they should... have ...sent ... a poet.
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger