Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Club Subscriptions

February Club Subscriptions

Just received an e-mail from MattyCollector saying my Club Subscriptions are renewing for February. I was just wondering if anybody else has received an e-mail and was wondering if our February figures are being shipped early?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Doubtful and they better not. My bank account has been drained by their charges last week. They charged me so much I can't even tell if everything has been refunded or not.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I got the email as well. I would be excited if ram man shipped early but it's probably just a mistake it was sent.

Got mine literally minutes ago. Wish they'd let me know how much directly in the e-mail.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I thought they said a long time ago to expect the charges around the 10th of the month or so? Has that changed?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Got mine too this morning....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I just received mine as well. What exactly is going on here?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

got mine too but no charges on the bank account. Checked Matty and it still says the 10th and shipping on the 12th.

THIS IS TOO EARLY!!!
    If Matty tries to charge me THIS month for NEXT month, they are going to get nothing...you can't milk a dry cow!
    And if they do, how can I get out of my sub? These "surprises" are just [angering] me off!
    $38 for a SINGLE figure, now this? and after a horrible 2012 of NEVER sending my DC figures with MOTUC, and the countless HOURS on the phone with them.
    I REALLY Hate Matty. This is just ridiculous. They should NOT be in business, and we should boycott them for their fowls.
    ******* is a bad word??
    Last edited by Falconhood; January 28, 2013 at 09:03am.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Got my notice too.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I haven't gotten my notice yet. I wish my subs would ship to me early, but I seriously doubt they will be. Probably just another DR/Matty mistake.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    THIS IS TOO EARLY!!!
    If Matty tries to charge me THIS month for NEXT month, they are going to get nothing...you can't milk a dry cow!
    And if they do, how can I get out of my sub? These "surprises" are just ******* me off!
    $38 for a SINGLE figure, now this? and after a horrible 2012 of NEVER sending my DC figures with MOTUC, and the countless HOURS on the phone with them.
    I REALLY Hate Matty. This is just ridiculous. They should NOT be in business, and we should boycott them for their fowls.
    Problem is a boycott is a catch 22 - we don't buy but then they stop making them.....we don't sub - they cancel the line.

I got mine, too. I thought that this was a bit early - almost 2 to 2.5 weeks early!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Problem is a boycott is a catch 22 - we don't buy but then they stop making them.....we don't sub - they cancel the line.
    With all the problems, that is fine with me now.
    My friends got rid of their subs, and are cherry picking this year. I should have done that, since I'm going to be stuck with some very lame figures like Fangface and Netossa, and $38 per figure is completely not worth it. It saddens me that one of my fave lines as a kid is being held hostage by a greedy company that can do anything right. I'd rather spend $38 a month on vintage figures I never had...with all the money i've spent on this line, i could have bought Laser He-Man and Laser Skeletor by now and other rare figs.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Heroic Warrior

Calm down, people!

I have to assume that pretty much everyone posting in this thread thus far is brand new to the subscriptions. Last year, they started sending notices a week or two before the actual renewal to to let folks know the renewal would be coming so you can make any changes you need to before it's too late.

There isn't an amount because this isn't an order confirmation but rather a "hey, we put some stuff out there in the news section on our web page and we know not everyone checks that, so we're reminding you that your renewal is coming up soon" courtesy note.

Nothing will be authorized or shipped before the 10th (or thereabouts, since the 10th is a Sunday).

This all happened last year, too, so that's why I have to assume everyone pushing the panic button is new to the subscription this year.

You should see people who have 2 or 3 subs... a notice comes out for each one.

Ok, that's all... go about your business.

Well that is good to know, this is my first subscription, but the problem is that their messages are absolutely confusing. I don't understand why are proceeding in this way. Now I see why people were complaining about DR service!

Um, I haven't even gotten to change my card info yet, the old card is dead now, and I haven't activated the new one yet.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Um, I haven't even gotten to change my card info yet, the old card is dead now, and I haven't activated the new one yet.
    Activate within the next couple of days if possible and then get on the My Subs page to update it. Don't put it off too long unless you are looking for an out...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Well that is good to know, this is my first subscription, but the problem is that their messages are absolutely confusing. I don't understand why are proceeding in this way. Now I see why people were complaining about DR service!
    These days a LOT of places with subscription services that you deal with online are sending notices of upcoming renewal; you'd be surprised how many people forget they signed up for something and, without the reminder, decide the charge is fraudulent or in error and contest the charge, only to come back later and wonder why "service x" is no longer in place.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Does this message say that the card won't be charged until around the 10th? Seems that would have prevented folks from thinking it's coming up sooner.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I haven't gotten my e-mail yet, but I was curious so I went to the "My Subscriptions" page on Mattycollector. If you click on the "details" link under the specific sub, it should tell you the next renewal date. Mine says 2/5 is the next date. While it seems a little early, I think that's when I was charged last month.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Does this message say that the card won't be charged until around the 10th? Seems that would have prevented folks from thinking it's coming up sooner.
    Of course not...lol...

Hi Adam,

Here's a friendly reminder that it's time for your club subscriptions from MattyCollector.com to automatically renew.

That means your card will be charged and you can look for your shipment to leave our warehouse in the next several days. We'll send a shipment confirmation email once it does so you know it's on its way.

Have questions? Just give us a call at 877-GO-MATTY or email us at MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com.

You can also view and manage your club subscriptions by clicking here.

Thanks for being a MattyCollector.com customer!

Customer Service

P.S. This email was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming mail so please don't reply to it. If you need help, contact us at the email address or phone number above. Thanks!

I'm not worried though.....till it hits the bank it didn't happen

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Received my notices as well.

Out of curiosity, is the "my subscriptions" page still not working for anyone? I can log in, but then it finds no subscription information for me. (I have three subs.)
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post

Out of curiosity, is the "my subscriptions" page still not working for anyone? I can log in, but then it finds no subscription information for me. (I have three subs.)
    I just got in with no issue.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post

For me it pulled up my sub and shows the renew date is Feb 5.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I got this same notice about 9am eastern. This is typical Digital River stuff. I've just learned to ignore it as they are obviously remedial level people who issue these early notices. What this notice means is that funds are going to be taken five days before the sub sale and to make sure you have them by then.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!