Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of my shirts is finally being printed!

One of my shirts is finally being printed!

When I was a kid I always wanted to be an artist, but somewhere along the way I gave up on that dream. In recent years as I slave away to earn peanuts working for the man I've kicked myself for doing that. So a little more than a year ago I started making T-shirt designs for fun (and hopefully profit ). I've had some limited success, but nothing I could quit my day job for. That's why I'm so excited that one of my shirts is being printed on a website that sells pop-culture shirts. I still won't be able to quit my day job, but at least it's a start.

Here's the design:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Cool! Looks great! Congrats!
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Movie mayhem!
    That is really cool, and I love this shirt! Is it one of the 24 hour sites? or will it be up to buy any day

Thanks! It's up now, and it'll be up for a week.

Master of New Adventures!
    YES!!!

Do me and yourself one favor: Do not ever again use the denigrating term of 'at least' in regard to your work and the accomplishments you achieve from it. There are untold millions upon millions of people worldwide that would gladly crawl over miles of broken glass in order to reach the goal you have reached.

Granted it is only one small mound in a lifelong quest. But after much arduous work you now stand atop that mound. Enjoy the view, along with a well-deserved sense of pride and satisfaction over a job well done and a goal achieved.

Now build upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Thanks! It's up now, and it'll be up for a week.
    I think it looks great. Combines two of my favorite things.

Just ordered mine and look forward to wearing it out.

Sweet shirt man

Evil Master of Warcraft
    That is awesome. I would steal it and use it as a FB profile picture, but I just changed it to one almost the exact same idea, but John McClane/Die Hard

Very cool

*edit

I was looking at your other shirts on your site and saw the Power Glove one. I stumbled across that shirt last night at Ript and got a chuckle out of it. Well played sir
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Congrats!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Oh, that's yours?!?! Nice! I looked at that yesterday and fully intend to buy it before the end of the week!

Nice job dude!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I was looking at your other shirts on your site and saw the Power Glove one. I stumbled across that shirt last night at Ript and got a chuckle out of it. Well played sir
    Thanks, I thought it was pretty funny. Are you sure you saw it on Ript? I submitted it to them, but I haven't seen it there and they never told me they were going to do anything with it. Maybe you meant Qwertee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Oh, that's yours?!?! Nice! I looked at that yesterday and fully intend to buy it before the end of the week!

Nice job dude!
    Thanks, you'd better wear it in one of your video reviews. Speaking of, I still haven't seen you wearing that Skeletor shirt I gave you at the Power-con. What gives bro? J/K (not really though).

Congrats! I remember the first time one of my shirts was picked up! It's a fun experience. I have one up on Teeraiders at the moment and have had a handful of others on Teefury, Qwertee, Othertees, Ript and a few others. Always a great feeling to get them picked up.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thanks, you'd better wear it in one of your video reviews. Speaking of, I still haven't seen you wearing that Skeletor shirt I gave you at the Power-con. What gives bro? J/K (not really though).
    I actually wear it all the time! Are you sure I've never worn it in a video? I thought I had...but maybe not. At any rate, I do wear it regularly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Congrats! I remember the first time one of my shirts was picked up! It's a fun experience. I have one up on Teeraiders at the moment and have had a handful of others on Teefury, Qwertee, Othertees, Ript and a few others. Always a great feeling to get them picked up.
    I get asked constantly where I got the "Skeletor Rorschach" shirt thaqt you did. Though I just realized that you have that shirt available all the time through redbubble. I will start sending folks there!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I actually wear it all the time! Are you sure I've never worn it in a video? I thought I had...but maybe not. At any rate, I do wear it regularly!
    Which of his shirts Dan? Post some pics or a video review with it already! sheesh!

I get asked constantly where I got the "Skeletor Rorschach" shirt thaqt you did. Though I just realized that you have that shirt available all the time through redbubble. I will start sending folks there!
    I need to enter that one on a few Daily sites and see if I can't get it sold for $10-12 a shirt.

PS Dan, thanks for wearing that shirts durring the figure reviews of Randor and company.
    Last edited by Rain; January 30, 2013 at 11:49am.

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Thanks, I thought it was pretty funny. Are you sure you saw it on Ript? I submitted it to them, but I haven't seen it there and they never told me they were going to do anything with it. Maybe you meant Qwertee?
    On Monday they posted some on their facebook page. I went back and looked and it it said "Want to see these designs printed for 24 hours? Be sure to click "LIKE" on your favorites to let us know". It was in there.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Yeah he is right, I saw it on Facebook as well under the vote if you would like to see printed thing.
    It's the last one on there... unless they rearrange it... not sure.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...9481703&type=1
    Last edited by Rain; January 30, 2013 at 11:13am.

Thanks for wearing it. I'm not 100% sure that you've never worn it in a video, just bustin' your balls.

Which of his shirts Dan? Post some pics or a video review with it already! sheesh!
    It's my Skeletor sugar skull design. I gave away about 20 of them at Power-con.

On Monday they posted some on their facebook page. I went back and looked and it it said "Want to see these designs printed for 24 hours? Be sure to click "LIKE" on your favorites to let us know". It was in there.
    Ok I found it. That's awesome that they put it up there. Too bad it's getting the least amount of votes. I guess people don't want to wear shirts of the middle finger lol.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Too bad it's getting the least amount of votes. I guess people don't want to wear shirts of the middle finger lol.
    Yeah unfortunately it is a little crude for my taste to wear in public. However, it is really freaking funny and I literally lol'd when I saw it

Yeah unfortunately it is a little crude for my taste to wear in public. However, it is really freaking funny and I literally lol'd when I saw it
    Hey, I get it. I have kids and I don't think I would even wear it around the house. I don't want them running around shooting the bird at people.

how do u go about selling ur shirts to these places my wife make cool stuff like this for me any help would b apprecated

Ya know I've been going back and forth about whether or not I was gonna pick up that Grayskull shirt. Now that I know it was made by someone here this definitely means I am getting one.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

For the record, I've bought several shirts from Redbubble. They are really great and IMO are a lot better than the shirts you buy from the 24HR shirt vendors.

Just noticed that this design from Brad is on Redbubble. I'll have to pick it up during my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by irontiger View Post
    how do u go about selling ur shirts to these places my wife make cool stuff like this for me any help would b apprecated
    Each 24 hr site has their own "submit" page, with a list of rules and such. Redbubble you can use any image size 2400 x 3200 pixels, and has it's own list of rules as well listed on the site. If you need specific help I'm sure Brad or I would be more than willing to answer through PM on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Now that I know it was made by someone here this definitely means I am getting one.
    Heck yeah! Thanks. I would do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Just noticed that this design from Brad is on Redbubble. I'll have to pick it up during my next order.
    Thanks to you too sir. Hey you may as well just get all of my Redbubble shirts!

If you need specific help I'm sure Brad or I would be more than willing to answer through PM on here.
    ^^^This.

Ha totally awesome! An NES cover design.

I wish you would sell a shirt of the design on your avatar.
    That would rock!!

He has one Mye-Kah B, Check out his redbubble page. you can find it on there.