Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would He-man do?

Master of New Adventures!

What would He-man do?

By my count it's 26 days until Christmas. So my two-part question is, 1) how do you think The Most Powerful Man in the Universe is going to celebrate Christmas this year and 2) how would you celebrate Christmas this year if you were The Big Guy?

And remember, we're not in The Tar Swamp here folks.

Heroic Warrior
    For starters, I would have a sweater, He-Man and I don't look as good without a shirt on, but in central Alberta I think us both would have to stay indoors as much as possible.

Hollywood anti-piracy professionals estimate Canadians watch more screen time than most(and therefore we allegedly download a lot more), as we like to stay home where its warm.

I think, when Adam got lazy, he went fishing on Eternia, maybe he/I would go shoot coyotes and bears, cause you need to cut through the ice to fish in December. (I guess He-Man would punch through the ice..?)

Heroic Warrior
    I think Adam would "volunteer" to go get he-man for the party. Land and hide a sky sled hoof it back to the palace. He-Man would play "dumb" and would be like I was patrolling and thought I'd stop bye. I haven't seen Adam. then party up.

After a while He-Man would be like well, i'd better go find him and call it a night.

Then Adam would be like um yah. I got lost and he-man helped me out. SOOOO. any punch left? cake? I'm starved.

Everyone else is just like sighing or going ugh.

I wouldn't want to be he-man but I'll play along. Shortly right before the party go on one last patrol for the day. tap in the grayskull power for decorative clothing and try to have fun and relax.

smart ass answer:what? don't you know? didn't you write an episode or two of he-man? COME ON! You're k'llng me Mr. O. To this day you probably still have an idea or two for new episodes floating around in your head. and one of them is probably a x-mas show. (sorry. I couldn't resist).

I think my #1 stays true to the characters personas/personalities.

My #2 falls under the all work and no play saying. he-man himself is allowed to have fun, right? If not he should.

Heroic Warrior
    Its the twins birthday so I doubt HeMan has time to celebrate Christmas unless he is entertaining aliens from the planet dirt .

If I was the big guy ........... everyday would be Christmas .

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    What would He-man do?
    Nothing really. He's a fictional character.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Its the twins birthday so I doubt HeMan has time to celebrate Christmas unless he is entertaining aliens from the planet dirt .
    Indeed. Marlena did not even tell Adam about Christmas. He heard about it for the first time from Miguel and Alicia after they were accidentally transported to Eternia from Earth.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    He would get drunk on Egg Nog, and play Intellivision.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I think the MOTU Christmas special probably covered how he will celebrate it - he might even invite Skeletor if it would turn him good again even for short time
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

Sometimes you gotta dance with the Devil, but when you do, don't let him lead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    He would get drunk on Egg Nog, and play Intellivision.
    Even better? Someone from earth give a lot of gifts from Tigers Electronic.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I have "an idea or two for new episodes"?!

You obviously never heard about my plans for Season 2 of NA:

http://masterscast.com/?p=46

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I think Adam would "volunteer" to go get he-man for the party. Land and hide a sky sled hoof it back to the palace. He-Man would play "dumb" and would be like I was patrolling and thought I'd stop bye. I haven't seen Adam. then party up.

After a while He-Man would be like well, i'd better go find him and call it a night.

Then Adam would be like um yah. I got lost and he-man helped me out. SOOOO. any punch left? cake? I'm starved.

Everyone else is just like sighing or going ugh.

I wouldn't want to be he-man but I'll play along. Shortly right before the party go on one last patrol for the day. tap in the grayskull power for decorative clothing and try to have fun and relax.

smart ass answer:what? don't you know? didn't you write an episode or two of he-man? COME ON! You're k'llng me Mr. O. To this day you probably still have an idea or two for new episodes floating around in your head. and one of them is probably a x-mas show. (sorry. I couldn't resist).

I think my #1 stays true to the characters personas/personalities.

My #2 falls under the all work and no play saying. he-man himself is allowed to have fun, right? If not he should.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nothing really. He's a fictional character.

Typical Benny buzz-kill. Try suspending disbelief some time. You might find you like it.

Happy holidays, my friend, despite yourself.

I'm sure he (as Adam) would have a delightfully awkward conversation about Eternian politics with his estranged uncle at the dinner table.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

If He-Man were real he wouldn't be wasting time with some trivial holiday. He-Man would be out fighting evil doers where ever they may be.

Not sure this is the place for slamming Christmas. Religious matters and trivialization of them, probably belong in The Tar Swamp. But I'll leave that to the mods.

Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    If He-Man were real he wouldn't be wasting time with some trivial holiday. He-Man would be out fighting evil doers where ever they may be.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure this is the place for slamming Christmas.
    Discuss whatever you want, except for politics, religion, and sex!
    Well considering the fact that all holidays have a religious or political basis . Are you not bending the rules Mr Olesker ? I can imagine this thread upsetting Jehovahs witness org. members

Merry Krishna

Last edited by Lokus; December 3, 2016 at 04:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    The thing about Christmas is that it may had a religious basis but it's far from religious or being a religious holiday. In my opinion.

I don't think it's been trivialized. commercialized. yes. but that's another subject for another time. In my opinion.

let's try to have some fun with a character we all grew up with and have fond memories of.

don't worry I'm not going to make us hold hands and sing kum ba ah.

on a side note I want to see masters were x-mas sweaters.

Response 1: No I haven't.

Response 2:

I have "an idea or two for new episodes"?!

You obviously never heard about my plans for Season 2 of NA:

http://masterscast.com/?p=46

- - - Updated - - -

Typical Benny buzz-kill. Try suspending disbelief some time. You might find you like it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope. Only reality all the time...ALL...THE...TIME.

*sigh*...merry Christmas, Jackie-O.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Well said.

But with that said, it's my belief that Christmas has transcended -- although not lost its importance of -- being solely a religious holiday. The fact is that many people who are neither religious nor Christian nor believe in Christ as the Son of God celebrate Christmas in their own way. Christmas is HUGE in Japan. The music, the trappings, the spirit of Goodwill are all good things, I think.

It was in that way that I was asking the question about what He-man would do. I should have clarified, so I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Well considering the fact that all holidays have a religious or political basis . Are you not bending the rules Mr Olesker ? I can imagine this thread upsetting Jehovahs witness org. members

Merry Krishna

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nope. Only reality all the time...ALL...THE...TIME.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...82952e985c.gif

*sigh*...merry Christmas, Jackie-O.

http://www.azoosh.com/wp-content/upl...imated-gif.gif

Atta boy! That's why I love you, man.

Well said.

But with that said, it's my belief that Christmas has transcended -- although not lost its importance of -- being solely a religious holiday. The fact is that many people who are neither religious nor Christian nor believe in Christ as the Son of God celebrate Christmas in their own way. Christmas is HUGE in Japan. The music, the trappings, the spirit of Goodwill are all good things, I think.

It was in that way that I was asking the question about what He-man would do. I should have clarified, so I apologize.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Lots of things evolve over time. So many aspects of Christmas are great and should be held in all our hearts (peace on earth, goodwill to men, child-like wonderment and magic). And while I realize that-sadly-it's a time when the spirits of many may fall low, it's also a time that should remind us of how fortunate we are for the good people and things in our lives. And if that leads people to be a little more generous to those in need, all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Lots of things evolve over time. So many aspects of Christmas are great and should be held in all our hearts (peace on earth, goodwill to men, child-like wonderment and magic). And while I realize that-sadly-it's a time when the spirits of many may fall low, it's also a time that should remind us of how fortunate we are for the good people and things in our lives. And if that leads people to be a little more generous to those in need, all the better.
    Extremely well said!! And I could not agree more

OMG! Prince Adam's Dad and I agree on something! 'tis the season... Yay for us!!!

If Skeletor can find the spirit of Christmas and be nice, we can find common ground.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

If Skeletor can find the spirit of Christmas and be nice, we can find common ground.

You touch my heart. After everything we've been through together in The Tar Swamp, you've just made my Christmas Season and given me hope that all of our kinder selves will eventually come back together. I mean it.

You touch my heart. After everything we've been through together in The Tar Swamp, you've just made my Christmas Season and given me hope that all of our kinder selves will eventually come back together. I mean it.
    Isn't that kind of the point of the season?

That being said, if you're a Chiefs or Broncos fan, I officially retract all niceties and would like to reiterate any negative comments x50 (he said, exhausted and disappointed after the Thursday Night game).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I have that on a t-shirt. It's the absolute best.

I have that on a t-shirt. It's the absolute best.