Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New THUNDERCATS show on cartoon network

Widget

New THUNDERCATS show on cartoon network

Looks delightful. As long as kids like it. That's all that matters.

What cartoon has that same style? I know I've seen it before but I can't put my finger on it.

Probably not the style I would have chosen but I'll give it a chance before I pass judgement. Might be really funny with good writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lovable-bill View Post
    As long as kids like it. That's all that matters.
    Absolutely.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    It appears that every show wants to be Teen Titans Go! now. While I love that show, I also appreciate unique ideas. I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    What cartoon has that same style? I know I've seen it before but I can't put my finger on it.
    The character models remind me of Steven Universe.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Steven Universe?? maybe... looks kinda like that i think..
    White jays, white horse , white wrist , white Porsche -

Well, since the uber-serious 2011 version bombed, I am not surprised for such a huge shift in tone and look. I am not sure I will be able to like it, but if it hooks kids, then that will be a good thing.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Grammer Flunky

Thundercats Roar

I will not link the abomination known as a 2 minute trailer...your eyes will thank me.

Is there some kind of mission out there to destroy everything we loved as a kid and make it into total crap?

Ghostbusters, Turtles, Star wars, hopefully not She-Ra, and now Thundercats? sigh..
    I imagine this is what the rock band like concept would have been like

I'm totally old of course, but I think this one looks wonderful... and I know my kids will like it too... we both manage to love Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go, and this looks like it hits right in that niche. Just hope it lasts longer than the prior T'Cats show (which I also liked for different reasons!)

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    That's the one! Thanks you guys.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

its not my thing either.. .. BUT you have to get fresh ideas... we are no longer the target audience any more.. they need to cater to the youth.... we had our day... now its time to pass the torch..
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; May 18, 2018 at 03:41pm.

Grammer Flunky
    it's not fresh when it looks like ten other shows on tv right now and copies the teen titans go style.

even kids can recognize crap. that's one reason to gravitate more toward video games.

Although i cant get down with this animation.. i get why they are doing this... hope it does well.. maybe open the gate up for more T cats stuff.. maybe something that more geared towards adults..

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Remember this old gem?

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    OK K.O.! Lets Be Heroes. but with a new Thudercats reskin.

And I'm AOK with that.

See what I did there...ah..ah...

That's what kids' animation is all about today: HUMOR...& STYLIZED.
    Both which change during generations.

Me...I'll give it a roar for a couple of episodes, same with She-Ra, see if I'll like.

I think it looks super fun.

Looking forward to it!

My 5-year-old will like it - which is obviously their target audience. I've seen grown men having hissy fits about this on various FB pages & the Thundercast FB page. Really sad & clichéd. They're genuinely perplexed as to why CN didn't aim this at 40-year-old men.

"My childhood is ruined!!" - as if this somehow affects the old cartoon. Like it goes back & edits frames of animation & alters the dialogue tracks, and those changes get authored onto eveyone's DVD copies.

fred cat.jpg

Look at this guy!
    Last edited by herbie747; May 18, 2018 at 05:41pm.
    Follow me on Instagram for pictures of vintage & modern toys, behind-the-scenes, tidbits, and sneak peeks!

@herbietoys
    https://www.instagram.com/herbietoys/

Unacceptable.

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    My 5-year-old will like it - which is obviously their target audience. I've seen grown men having hissy fits about this on various FB pages & the Thundercast FB page. Really sad & clichéd. They're genuinely perplexed as to why CN didn't aim this at 40-year-old men.

"My childhood is ruined!!" - as if this somehow affects the old cartoon. Like it goes back & edits frames of animation & alters the dialogue tracks, and those changes get authored onto eveyone's DVD copies.

fred cat.jpg

Look at this guy!
    Right, this doesn't alter the 130 episodes we already got. ...I'm still a bit sad the 2000s version didn't get more episodes though. Cancellation mid-arc is rough!

I don't love this art style nor do I really like the tone, but I'll probably watch it anyway, for what it is.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Edit: sorry, I thought you were referring to MOTU 200X getting cancelled. Point still valid though...

Yeah, it would have been nice to see 200X Hordak in the cartoon. Another series would have tied it all up nicely.

But the 200X series & the 80s series were separate & stood alone. Just like this will stand separate from the Thundercats classic and 2011 series.

They're aiming this new series at small children, and grown men are genuinely annoyed it doesn't appeal to them. I find it hard to understand that frame of mind. It's not for you, bro - relax. Move on with your life.
    Last edited by herbie747; May 18, 2018 at 06:22pm.
    Follow me on Instagram for pictures of vintage & modern toys, behind-the-scenes, tidbits, and sneak peeks!

@herbietoys

I don't like the trendy flavor of the month animation style, but I'll check the show out and give it a chance.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Not for me. I'm old and I'll understand if may appeal to children. However, besides Voltron on Netflix and some anime series, I don't see any new cartoons that have action & adventure (and even drama) where humor is an add on to the show and not the main focus.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Painful! Seems that He-Man equivalent cartoon comedy series we were teased an image never got off the ground?

Thankful for the He-Man/ThunderCats comic crossover (even if the dialogue was jarring at times). Another ThunderCats semi-serious attempt in comics would be nice and I would purchase but otherwise I have put them to rest in my world.
    Last edited by Kesmai; May 18, 2018 at 06:25pm.

Hahahahaha, this looks awesome!

Looks awful, i hope it bombs, i wish they continued that 2011 one instead of this Teen Titans Go Abombination.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    i hope it bombs
    I also wish failure on others. It fuels me.

@herbietoys