Thread: James "Great Escape" Garner RIP

Heroic Warrior

James "Great Escape" Garner RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtv5...mYkIDkoPYkvAIA

His mate in the movie was Donald "Halloween" Pleasence , his character became blind in the film.......

Garner was also one of Lee's many martial arts students.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    "My Fellow Americans" is worth watching. Garner and Jack Lemmon play former US presidents who hate each other, but are stuck traveling cross-country to escape a plot carried out by members of the current administration.

Did I mention this is a comedy? They're both incredibly foul mouthed and vile to each other the entire time. The entire film is up on Youtube right now, if you want to watch it.

Support your local sheriff and support your local gunfighter are two of my favorite of his. He will be missed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    "My Fellow Americans" is worth watching. Garner and Jack Lemmon play former US presidents who hate each other, but are stuck traveling cross-country to escape a plot carried out by members of the current administration.

Did I mention this is a comedy? They're both incredibly foul mouthed and vile to each other the entire time. The entire film is up on Youtube right now, if you want to watch it.
    I love that movie. Also has Dan Akyroyd, Bradley Whitford, Lauren Bacall - it's got some great chemistry between Lemmon & Gardner.

That and Maverick are my two stand-out Garner performances, though I've liked him in pretty much everything I've seen him in. Sorry to see him go.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

He was also an incredibly good stunt driver. He perfected the J-turn to the point many people still call it a Rockford.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Talk about a long and distinguished career - in many ways Hollywood will not be the same without James Garner.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"