Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Visual History

Heroic Warrior

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Visual History

Anyone have this book?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1608871851/...I2MA8RM8LCLZ6N

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/20...-book-unboxing

From the video it doesn't look like there's a section for the fourth movie (the CGI one)

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
    Anyone have this book?

From the video it doesn't look like there's a section for the fourth movie (the CGI one)
    Yeah, I picked this up right when it was released.

It's a great book, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the humble beginnings of the TMNT. It comes loaded with all kinds of extra content as well, such as flyers, postcards, exclusive art prints, television and movie script excerpts, and never-before-seen artwork from Mirage studios, among other cool items. It also includes a perfect reprint of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles number one, that is, it looks just like it did the day of its initial run back in 1984 - adds and all... I know because I still own my copy of TMNT #1.

And yes, there is definitely a section covering the 2007 CGI "TMNT" movie. This section actually talks about the sequel that was never made and shows us some really cool early concept art for the character designs of the 2007 movie by Jeff Matsuda and others.

All in all this is definitely worth it for the Ninja Turtle fan, though a lot of the information within is not all that new to those of us who have been following the Turtles since day one. Quite an interesting bit of history for everyone else too, and quite fun to learn about the toy, comic, television, and movie adaptations of each new iteration of the TMNT...

Also it includes chapters on the latest versions of the Turtles, e.g. after the Nickelodeon buy-out, including the 2012 Nick Toons and 2014 Liebesman movie.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, I picked this up right when it was released.

It's a great book, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the humble beginnings of the TMNT. It comes loaded with all kinds of extra content as well, such as flyers, postcards, exclusive art prints, television and movie script excerpts, and never-before-seen artwork from Mirage studios, among other cool items. It also includes a perfect reprint of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles number one, that is, it looks just like it did the day of its initial run back in 1984 - adds and all... I know because I still own my copy of TMNT #1.

And yes, there is definitely a section covering the 2007 CGI "TMNT" movie. This section actually talks about the sequel that was never made and shows us some really cool early concept art for the character designs of the 2007 movie by Jeff Matsuda and others.

All in all this is definitely worth it for the Ninja Turtle fan, though a lot of the information within is not all that new to those of us who have been following the Turtles since day one. Quite an interesting bit of history for everyone else too, and quite fun to learn about the toy, comic, television, and movie adaptations of each new iteration of the TMNT...

Also it includes chapters on the latest versions of the Turtles, e.g. after the Nickelodeon buy-out, including the 2012 Nick Toons and 2014 Liebesman movie.
    Good to know. thanks for the info. Looks like I gotta track down a copy.