Thread: Knight's Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig (Book I of III)

Heroic Warrior

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig (Book I of III)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ddraig-book-i

I, a friend of mine, and a handful of associates have started crafting an indie-comic universe. My friend, Michael Sacal, is now attempting to launch the first book in the line, Knight's Legacy. It's Arthurian style swords and sorcery in modern day.

The link above is to his kickstarter campaign. I honestly believe that, as MOTU fans, this series would be right up our collective alley, so please, check it out, and hopefully we can help boost it so the rest of the books in the line can have a shot as well.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Widget
    Hi everyone. My name is Michael Sacal. I'm the writer and creator of Knights Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig, a present-day Arthurian graphic novel that tells the story of the modern-day heirs to the legacy of the Pendragon, Laurence Grey and Ethan McBride.

I recently launched a Kickstarter to help me raise the funds to finance the production of this project. http://kck.st/1lKcmrq

Laurence is a soulless man whose lack of self makes him indifferent to the suffering his tyranny causes the people of the European Union, while Ethan is a selfish man whose determination with finding the place where he comes from compels him to only take action expecting a reward for his efforts.

The emergence of Avalon - the fabled resting place of king Arthur Pendragon- propels Ethan on a journey that takes him from the world of man to the world of magic to learn where he comes from, and sends Laurence on a journey from the world of magic to the world of man to find out who he is.

Should either fail to embrace their birthright and regain his missing sense of virtue and justice, it would bring about the birth of a Druid Mecca built atop the ruins of the member states of the European Union- the modern-day Kingdoms of Camelot.

KNIGHTS LEGACY is the flagship title of the MAJESTIC UNIVERSE. The MAJESTIC UNIVERSE is a shared science fiction/fantasy universe. It tells a vastly-ambitious, yet consistent epic saga told across seven interconnected series. These series each tell unique stories with a beginning, middle, and an end.

The MAJESTIC UNIVERSE is a place of heroic knights and oppressive sorcerers, frail mortality and painful afterlives, captivating tyranny and illuminating freedom, rampant science and fatal phenomena, blood-thirsty revenge and heart-wrenching redemption, vengeful Gods and forgiving mortals, and peace-seeking warriors and warmongering fanatics.

The MAJESTIC UNIVERSE has been a passion project ever since I conceived the original concept in 1998. The success of the Knight's Legacy Kickstarter will help make a goal 16 years in the making a reality.

I've conducted several interviews about Knight's Legacy, added several new rewards, and revised one previous reward.

There are two rewards exclusive to the UK, both with free shipping. The first one is for $25 dollars, which entitles the backer to two print copies of Knight's Legacy Book I. The second one is for $50, and entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I, Book Ii, and Book III, and one PDF copy of the same.

There is one reward exclusive to the US also with free shipping. It is for $8 dollars, which entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I.

The revised reward is the one for $15 dollars, which now entitles the backer to two print copies of Knight's Legacy Book I rather than the one in the description.

Interviews:

IndieComiX
    EatYourComics.com
    Comic Book Interviews.com
    A Place To Hang Your Cape
    SlamFist Media

Please, read these interviews, comment, share, retweet, and help spread the word. And if you think this is something that might interest you, please consider donating.

Please visit the KL Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/KnightsLegacy), where you can follow the progress of the novel as artwork comes in, and afterward, progress of the campaign itself.

Thank you,

- - - Updated - - -

Ethan McBride -- The Epic Hero ‎#knightslegacy ‎#kickstarterprelaunch

Ethan McBride is the manager of the Tower Mill Entertainment Center in Hawick, Scotland. He is a selfish man whose determination to find the place where he comes from compels him to only take action expecting a reward for his efforts.

The day Ethan was born, reverend Leonard Zarik found him in a basket left on the steps of St. Mary’s & Old Parish Church. Soon after, Malcolm and Marina McBride adopted Ethan, and raised like he was their own child. When Ethan was five, an unidentified woman kidnapped him and took him away from Hawick. While she had him in her care, the woman gave him a sealed locket she claimed held the truth of where he comes from inside it.

Ethan spent the intervening years struggling to open the locket to learn where he comes from to decipher where he is going, but then he met and fell in love with Amelia Lewis, a travel guide writer, and his focus changed.

As our story opens in the summer of 2014, the Provost's Council has chosen Ethan to serve as Cornet in the Hawick Common-Riding, the first of the border festivals, which celebrates both the ancient custom of riding the marches of the common land, and the capture of an English Flag in 1514 by the youth of Hawick in Hornshole. Ethan sees this as an opportunity for him to propose to Amelia using his locket as an engagement present.

- - - Updated - - -

Laurence Grey -- The Tragic Hero ‎#knightslegacy ‎#kickstarterprelaunch

Laurence Grey is the chief executive officer of Carmarthen International, a multinational research and development corporation based on Waterford City in Ireland. Grey is responsible for the everyday operations of the company, reporting directly to the board of directors and chairwoman of Carmarthen International, his mother, Aileen Grey, to implement their decisions and initiatives, and maintain the smooth operation of the firm with help from senior staff.

Born on Nov. 1st, 1974, Grey grew up in the Isle of Iona in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland. In 1967, his mother was the first woman elected leader of the Iona Community. Grey’s father, Payton Douglas, died before he was born.

Grey attended Iona Primary School and Tobermory High School. In 1992, Grey enrolled in the University of Dublin School of Business, where he met Robert Trevor, Carmarthen International’s current chief operations officer.

Upon completing his studies, Grey joined his mother in the Carmarthen International head office on the Isle of Iona. Within six years, Carmarthen International opened offices in the 100 best countries to conduct business in, like New Zealand, Denmark, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and the United Kingdom.

In 2009, the Carmarthen International global headquarters, an iconic 119-metre, 32-storey building with 22 floors of apartments above 10 floors of offices, opened in Viking Triangle in the mall area of downtown Waterford City. That same year, Carmarthen International purchased Waterford-Wedgwood PLC, the former holding entity for a group of companies that specialized in the manufacture of high quality china, porcelain, and glass.

Grey oversees his family’s empire from a penthouse office on the top floor of the Carmarthen International building. Under his management, Carmarthen International’s mission has been to find ways to end the hardships of life in the European Union, such as violence, war, poverty, greed, and lack of faith in elected leaders. Grey is committed to a long-term view, reflected in Carmarthen International’s industry-leading investment in global humanitarian aid.

As a philanthropist, Grey started the Grey Foundation in 2012 to help reduce the inequities in the European Union. The Grey Foundation supports philanthropic initiatives in the areas of global health and learning, with the hope that in the 21st century advances in these critical areas will be available for all people.

In 2013, Grey wrote “Awakening of The Pen Draig”, a nonfiction book that explores the socio-cultural impact of applying the ideals and values of Arthur Pendragon’s round table to everyday life in the European Union. The book has received wide critical acclaim, was listed on the best-seller lists of the "New York Times", "USA Today", "The Wall Street Journal" and on Amazon.com, and is available in more than 60 countries in over 25 languages.

- - - Updated - - -

Leonard Zarik – The Fagin ‎#knightslegacy ‎#kickstarterprelaunch

Leonard Zarik is the Protestant Catholic Presbyter of St. Mary’s & Old Parish church in Hawick, Scotland. In 1979, Reverend Zarik found Ethan McBride in a basket left abandoned on the steps of St. Mary’s church. The reverend is hypercritical and an alcoholic, which, in recent years, has driven away his parishioners. Accordingly, attendance has decreased, which has left St. Mary’s abandoned and in disarray.

Pencils, Inks, and Color by Glenn B Fleming, from a script by Michael Sacal, with reference material by Damien Ramirez.

- - - Updated - - -

The Knights Legacy Kickstarter campaign rewards mainly involve a series of lithographs created specifically for the fundraiser by J. Andrey Portilla, Kevin Leverett, and Roberto Torres.

These are the pencils for seven of those lithographs. Check them out. For more information, visit the Knight's Legacy page on Facebook , and follow @HeroicTStudios on Twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Denise Coyle – The Jewish mother #knightslegacy #kickstarterprelaunch

Denise Coyle is Ethan McBride’s bossy and overprotective best friend. She is the barista at the Beanscene café bar located in the Tower Mill entertainment centre in the Heart of Hawick in Hawick, Scotland. She is a devout Christian who only wants Ethan to find happiness.

Pencils and Inks by Oliver Borges from Aurora Comics , from a script by Michael Sacal

- - - Updated - - -

Aileen Grey - The Crone #knightslegacy #kickstarterprelaunch

Aileen Grey is the founder and chairwoman of Carmarthen International, a multinational research and development corporation based out of Waterford City in Ireland. As chairwoman, Mrs. Grey is responsible for running the board. Her duties include maintaining strong communication with the chief executive officer and other high-level executives, formulating the company’s business strategy, representing management and the board to the public and shareholders, and maintaining corporate integrity.

Born on the Isle of Lewis in 1940, Mrs. Grey was the first woman elected leader of the community of the Isle of Iona. Her focus following her election was the restoration of Iona Abbey, the cradle of Christianity in Scotland, an effort met with exuberance by the isle’s devout Christian residents.

An ordained minister, Ms. Grey was Iona’s spiritual leader, a role that made her responsible for the public’s spiritual welfare. As a historian, Ms. Grey has authored over a dozen books that detail the history of Iona, beginning with its use as Pagan Druid holy land, and concluding with its transformation into Saint Columba’s Evangelism Ministry.

As her health has declined in recent years, Mrs. Grey has faded from the spotlight, and entrusted the continuing operation of Carmarthen International to her son, Laurence Grey.

Pencils and Inks by J. Andrey Portilla, from a script by Michael Sacal

- - - Updated - - -

Robert Trevor -- The Jewish Lawyer # knightslegacy #kickstarterprelaunch

As Chief Operations Officer, Robert Trevor is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Carmarthen International’s worldwide operations. He leads a global organization and oversees corporate operations that support the work of Carmarthen International’s over 90,000 employees.

Along with Carmarthen International’s Chief Executive Officer, Laurence Grey, and other senior executives, Trevor serves on the senior leadership team that sets the overall strategy and direction for Carmarthen International.

Trevor lives in the Carmarthen International building in Waterford City, Ireland with his adopted daughter, Joanna.

Pencils and Inks by J. Andrey Portilla, from a script by Michael Sacal

- - - Updated - - -

Christopher Eleazar - Redeemer Figure #knightslegacy #kickstarterprelaunch

Christopher Eleazar is Carmarthen International’s lead archaeologist. Christopher is an adventurer, a linguist, erudite scholar, and devout Jewish man who believes that any man can earn forgiveness for their actions through atonement.

Pencils, Inks, and Color by Michael Tyler, from a script by Michael Sacal

- - - Updated - - -

Serilda Regner – The Black Knight #knightslegacy #kickstarterprelaunch

Serilda Regner is an assassin in service to an ancient Druid order that seeks to turn the European Union into a Druid Mecca. Serilda is the leader of the phantasmal group of huntsmen known as the Wild Hunt, who ride across the skies on black horses alongside the horrible black spectral hounds of the Cŵn Annwn in search of their prey.

Pencils by J Andrey Portilla, from a script by Michael Sacal

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately I cannot show you any more artwork until someone replies to this message so I can post another with more images. Thanks.
    Last edited by Michael Sacal; July 5, 2014 at 01:22am.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeesh, Mikey... If you were any worse as a salesman, they'd be giving you money to keep it away.

All that blather, and you don't say what makes it perfect for a He-Fan or a She-Raver? Really? The Arthurian legend reborn in modern day, a destiny to be fulfilled, a villain to be vanquished... Swords, sorcery, dragons and things beyond imagination.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    Yeesh, Mikey... If you were any worse as a salesman, they'd be giving you money to keep it away.

All that blather, and you don't say what makes it perfect for a He-Fan or a She-Raver? Really? The Arthurian legend reborn in modern day, a destiny to be fulfilled, a villain to be vanquished... Swords, sorcery, dragons and things beyond imagination.
    That's there, heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Please take a moment to read and comment on these interviews I've conducted with these various websites in which I tell them more about Knight's Legacy and the Majestic Universe.

Bleeding Cool

A Place To Hang Your Cape

Indie Comix

EatYourComics

ComicBookInterviews.com

Slamfist Media

Movies Comics & Miscellaneous Crap (Podcast)

************************************************** ****************************

An $8 USD Reward entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I with free shipping in the US Only.

A $15 USD Reward Reward entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I with free shipping in the UK Only.

Your donations can help make a goal 16 years in the making a reality.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Friends,

It is the final week of the Kickstarter campaign for my graphic novel, Knights Legacy Awakening of The Pen Ddraig. I need your help spreading the word to find as many donors as I can among yourselves, your friends, and your friend' friends.

I neither aim to spam or annoy, merely ask you to help me spread the word about this project so it reaches far and wide, and, if you're able, to donate (if you can't, that's perfectly fine, and I thank you anyway), and to help continue to spread the word.

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig is the story of the modern heirs to the legacy of the Pendragon.

It is the story of a soulless man in search of his identity in the world of man and a selfish man in search of the place where he comes from in the world of magic who must find their missing senses of justice and virtue if they are to stop a Druid order from conquering the modern Kingdoms of Camelot.

Rewards of note include:

$8 USD for one print copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy, with free shipping within he United States.

$8 USD for one print copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy, with free shipping to Canada.

$15 USD for two copies (shipping cost within the USA included).

$25 USD for two copies, with free shipping to the United Kingdom.

$25 USD for two copies, with free shipping to Canada.

$50 USD for all three copies of Knight's Legacy in print and PDF format (shipping cost within the USA included), and $50 USD for all three copies in both formats with free shipping to the UK.

$50 USD for all three copies of Knight's Legacy in print and PDF format (shipping cost within the USA included), and $50 USD for all three copies in both formats with free shipping to Canada.

$50 USD for one print and one PDF copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy and you'll be drawn as a character in this same issue.

$100 for a custom illustration that depicts you as a knight of the round table sitting on the Siege Perilous, and turns you into a character in a future Knight's Legacy story set in the time of King Arthur Pendragon.

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of The Pen DDraig Kickstarter.

Widget
    Thank you to everyone for their support during this last month with the Knight's Legacy Kickstarter, whether it was tacit and/or direct.