Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2014 - 2015 College Football Thread

Master of New Adventures!

The Official 2014 - 2015 College Football Thread

100 days until kickoff and here are doing own kickoff, launching the third annual College Football Thread.

Let the madness begin!

And oh, btw, just in case you thought I forgot..."GO BIG RED!!!"
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; May 22, 2014 at 12:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    June 1 deadline for 1-AA schools,fbs?, to announce if they are going to fcs division.

July 1 B1G Ten should announce Rutgers and Maryland joining.

ON WISCONSIN!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Heroic Warrior
    Badgers?

Don't need no steenkin' badgers.

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    ON WISCONSIN!

November 15th, brother. You can run, but ya can't hide.

ON WISCONSIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    November 15th, brother. You can run, but ya can't hide.
    No need to hide my friend
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

As my Kim's license plate holder correctly says, "Fear the Corn".

No need to hide my friend

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome to the big ten Maryland and Rutgers.

So. Apparently Big 12 has a new logo.

Apparently B12 cares more about their logo then being old, outdated, being left behind. Have fun being bossed around by texas.

So the pre-season Coaches Poll has Nebraska ranked #22. I'll definitely take it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...164509899.html

Of course the biased AP Poll won't even have Nebraska ranked. I still say Lee Corso's paying them off. The Wisconsin game will be the first real challenge. Should be a good game.

Everyone ready for kick-off? Looking forward to a great season.

#14.......huh

As we say in Wisconsin....F'm Bucky!

So ready for football!

#14.......huh

As we say in Wisconsin....F'm Bucky!

So ready for football!

Congrats on that, and well-deserved. Looking forward to the game. Kim and I will be there, as well as in Lincoln to see the Huskers play the 'Canes. And trust me, those Florida boys are gonna need canes after Big Red turns 'em black-and-blue.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 31, 2014 at 11:57pm.

Heroic Warrior
    here's something to keep us busy.............

So, this is my 2nd year in a fantasy college football league with the fellas at work. And on the site it has a poll that has an interesting question.

The question is thisoes the big 12 have an unfair advantage by NOT having a championship game.

I said no. at the time I voted it was 52% no 48% yes.

What say you?

Heroic Warrior
    It can go both way. If they had a championship game it could have moved them up in the BCS and with out one they couldn't have a lose in an additional game. Last example of that was the Nebraska (Go Big Red) vs Texas 4-5 years ago. If Texas lost they were out. So I can see it as an advantage not playing an extra game.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    here's something to keep us busy.............

So, this is my 2nd year in a fantasy college football league with the fellas at work. And on the site it has a poll that has an interesting question.

The question is thisoes the big 12 have an unfair advantage by NOT having a championship game.

What say you?
    I say EVERY conference should have a championship game. I also say the winners of each and every conference should play against each other in a Championship Series -- each game to be a Bowl game -- to determine the National Champion. This will, to the joy of college football fans, create a second season, generate HUGE revenues for college football and give a small college from a small conference -- remember Hawaii's 2007 undefeated regular season? -- a Cinderella chance at the National Championship, in turn creating even MORE excitement.

Has College Football never heard of March Madness?

Heroic Warrior
    1--well it looks like the P5 conferences are getting what they want. more power. but they don't appear to be breaking away and forming there own division like everyone thought.

2--cancer has returned to that little Nebraska kid who was part of cornhuskers practice and grand marshall for a parade.

Less than three weeks until kick-off! I'm dyin' here.

Sadly true about young Jack Hoffman, though it appears hopeful for this courageous boy. Countless prayers going out for him. Here's the story:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/8-ye...ancer-returned

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I say EVERY conference should have a championship game. I also say the winners of each and every conference should play against each other in a Championship Series -- each game to be a Bowl game -- to determine the National Champion. This will, to the joy of college football fans, create a second season, generate HUGE revenues for college football and give a small college from a small conference -- remember Hawaii's 2007 undefeated regular season? -- a Cinderella chance at the National Championship, in turn creating even MORE excitement.

Has College Football never heard of March Madness?
    I've always liked the idea of a tournament, but I've never liked the idea of it being seeded solely with conference champions. For me, the 2007 Hawaii team is an excellent indication of why it's not a good idea. They breezed through a weak schedule looking like a powerhouse, then when they had everything to prove, they got steamrolled in their bowl game by a far superior team that wasn't even in its conference championship game.

Then how much fun would it be to take a cue from March Madness -- take the top 25 ranked teams, with number 1 getting one buy, ans have them face off in brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I've always liked the idea of a tournament, but I've never liked the idea of it being seeded solely with conference champions. For me, the 2007 Hawaii team is an excellent indication of why it's not a good idea. They breezed through a weak schedule looking like a powerhouse, then when they had everything to prove, they got steamrolled in their bowl game by a far superior team that wasn't even in its conference championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

What say you?
    Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    It can go both way. If they had a championship game it could have moved them up in the BCS and with out one they couldn't have a lose in an additional game. Last example of that was the Nebraska (Go Big Red) vs Texas 4-5 years ago. If Texas lost they were out. So I can see it as an advantage not playing an extra game.

I think it depends on the Big 12 champ's strength of schedule. If it's not very strong, the committee will pick a team that has an additional win against a quality opponent in their conference title game (or a team that was undefeated but lost by a fluke or last-second play in their conference title game). If the Big 12 champ's schedule is strong, they'll have a decent case without a conference title win.

I'd guess it will only take their champ being left out of the playoff once before they add two teams and a title game. They could just add the schools for football, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Preseason rankings are a joke. Case in point... 5th/6th ranked Ohio State just lost their Heisman-hopeful QB, Braxton Miller, for the season: ESPN: Braxton Miller out for season "Good thing we got these rankings out well before the season started! That's clearly not a gigantic waste of time!" - Coaches and AP Poll

Bovada posted their conference-specific prop bets less than a week ago. Here's to hoping not too many people put money on Miller:

NCAA 2014-2015 Season - Big Ten - Will Braxton Miller (Ohio State) lead the Big Ten in Total Offense?
    Yes -140 (5/7)
    No EVEN (1/1)

NCAA 2014-2015 Season - Big Ten - Will Braxton Miller (Ohio State) lead the Big Ten in Passing Touchdowns?
    Yes +225 (9/4)
    No -350 (2/7)

Under a week until kick-off. Oh...oh Gawd!

My wife and I are going to the Nebraska vs. Minnesota game in Lincoln this November. Hopefully, things go smoothly for the Huskers on Saturday.

An hour and a half until the start of Huskers football. To quote Gerald Ford, "Our long national nightmare..." -- a/k/a/ off season -- "...is over." YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Firefly, didn't you post a while ago that you're not a Nebraska football fan? Could have been another Nebraska orger that shocked me with that... But someone from Nebraska once posted that. EDIT: Actually, I think it was an orger that lives in Lincoln that said that. How can someone live in Mecca and not be a Cornhusker fan?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 30, 2014 at 02:31pm.

Ohio State is doing good with out Braxton Miller...Let's hope they can salvage something this season........

An hour and a half until the start of Huskers football. To quote Gerald Ford, "Our long national nightmare..." -- a/k/a/ off season -- "...is over." YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Firefly, didn't you post a while ago that you're not a Nebraska football fan? Could have been another Nebraska orger that shocked me with that... But someone from Nebraska once posted that. EDIT: Actually, I think it was an orger that lives in Lincoln that said that. How can someone live in Mecca and not be a Cornhusker fan?
    Nebraska has always been my favorite college football team. I live in Iowa. Iowa State would be my number 2 team. If today is any indication, ISU might be lucky to get one or two wins.