Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

I'm not quite behind calling it "The Black Series" just because the package is black. Lame.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I'm not quite behind calling it "The Black Series" just because the package is black. Lame.
    I don't know. The story said the line is inspired by the color black, and you can kind of see that in the paint app and in the packaging. They stated that they're going for the adult collector audience and calling it The Black Series kind of gives it that high end feel. For $19.99 each, it will have a lot of expectations to meet.

I could see this becoming my new go to line.

So, is this line going to be an online exclusive like Motuc--or in regular brick stores?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I could see this becoming my new go to line.
    I agree, if Motuc does fizzle out in a few years (hopefully not!) this may be my new favorite line

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I do really hope line is a success and Hasbro then launches G.I.Joe Classics Black series also; it would be a awesome if design style and scale are similar between those 2 lines and you can mix them, just picture Cobra B.A.T's next to Stormtroopers.
    I REALLY want this too. I liked Gi Joe Sigma 6 ok, but they were just TOO big. 6" would be perfect to fit with everything else.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Army building this line is going to be insane.

If I find a second job by the time Black comes out, I might be tempted to pick up the main characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I wait to see how they're going to pull Chewbacca off with great trepidation. IMO, Hasbro have yet to make a great and true-to-life Chewbacca. Looks like they’re going down the MOTUC route in terms of their release schedule. I just hope Darth Vader isn’t too far down the road.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Army building this line is going to be insane.
    Oh man, you ain't kidding. There is no way I can buy just one Stormtrooper. *sobs*
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Am I the only one that find Luke's facial expression as sad in this figure?
    Look how radiantly happy he is here ready to destroy a Death Star

photo luke_happy_face_zpsfff442b5.jpg
    "I'm going to kill thousands of those imperial b...."

And here how joyful he is....

photo luke_bk-face_zps47ee489f.jpg
    "I kissed my sister..."
    Last edited by Rhanen; January 29, 2013 at 05:23pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

His expression reminds me of the scene where he tells off Han while Han and Chewy are preparing to bail on the Rebels. I do hope the final figure comes out a little less sad looking. I hope the orange is a little more vibrant then that photo makes it look too.

As cool as this line sounds, I'm going to have to pass. I already collect way too many lines. The day MOTUC ends, most of my money will be going into picking up more 80's toys I want.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I might have to pick these up.

I gave up on the 3 3/4 line awhile ago but if the sculpts look good I'll probably pick these up.

These do look amazing and if it wasn't for MOTUC I'd probably be tempted to pick them up, but I can't afford both lines.
    I may still get the odd one that I really like.
    I'll look forward to the Pixel-Dan reviews
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I have NEVER collected any of the Star Wars figures, but this 6" line looks to be incredible!

Where will these be available for purchase?
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    OMG this is great news! - my poor wallet though

I might cherry pick if this line carries on for the long haul, but all 4 of the first series appeal to me, can't wait to see Chewie, Vader, Leia, Boba, Han and Grevious.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Snappy Threader
    Oh wow great news. A bit uninspired by a Sandtrooper though, but I guess they want to save a real Stormtrooper to keep it fresh with heavy hitters later. But...wow...Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett.......now Boba Fett can work for Skeletor and Vader and Hordak can run empires together. I'll be in on X-Wing Luke and R2-D2 for sure, Sandtrooper depends, Maul depends......but when they show Boba Fett, Han Solo, Chewbacca........I will probably just go nuts!

I cannot wait for these to hit shelves in August! As long as the quality is great I will buy every figure they release. I know they are starting off with the major players first but if the line proves successful I really hope they branch out to the expanded universe with characters like Mara Jade, the Solo kids, Savage Opress, Revan, and Darth Bane (just to name a few of my favorites).
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Where will these be available for purchase? Online or in stores?
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Where will these be available for purchase? Online or in stores?
    Its a retail line so you should be able to get it in stores around August as well as get it from hasbrotoyshop. Nothing they have revealed has indicated its a specialty line (which would be in TRU and Comic shops only)

I am sure BBTS and the usual retailers online will have them up for preorder after Toy Fair
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its a retail line so you should be able to get it in stores around August as well as get it from hasbrotoyshop. Nothing they have revealed has indicated its a specialty line (which would be in TRU and Comic shops only)

I am sure BBTS and the usual retailers online will have them up for preorder after Toy Fair
    Will you have them up for preorder?
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Will you have them up for preorder?
    No I refuse to do business with Hasbro for a number of reasons, however you might want to check out Nerd Rage Toys as they are a friend of ours and of course there is BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Hasbrotoyshop just to name a few of the bigger retailers
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No I refuse to do business with Hasbro for a number of reasons, however you might want to check out Nerd Rage Toys as they are a friend of ours and of course there is BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Hasbrotoyshop just to name a few of the bigger retailers
    Alright. Thanks for the info.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Aw man, and here I was proud that I was slowly leaving Star Wars toys behind! I may have to quit DCUC to take these on, although I probably wouldn't be a completist as I'd mostly only want the Sith, Jedi, and main OT characters. I wonder if the capes will be soft goods or hard plastic. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Any pics of the other figures
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    For $20 a pop I would think soft goods
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well, considering how much I collect, I won't be able to jump into this whole-hog, but I'll certainly be picking a few faves. Kinda sucks that it seems like they're really trying to get the 6 inch scale back into stores again. I'm tryin' to cut that scale out since they started Marvel Universe, and now they keep making more things that makes me want to keep the other old 6 inchers around.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.