Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Any pics of the other figures
    I assume we'll see the whole lot at NYTF.

I haven't collected Star Wars in years, but if these are too awesome I won't be able to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Any pics of the other figures
    None yet. Hoping we'll at least see wave 1 at Toy Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    None yet. Hoping we'll at least see wave 1 at Toy Fair.
    Your probably right with tf around the corner.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well, considering how much I collect, I won't be able to jump into this whole-hog, but I'll certainly be picking a few faves. Kinda sucks that it seems like they're really trying to get the 6 inch scale back into stores again. I'm tryin' to cut that scale out since they started Marvel Universe, and now they keep making more things that makes me want to keep the other old 6 inchers around.
    i'm in the same boat. i like how x-wing luke looks, aside from his head. i can't tell if it's his face sculpt or just the glum expression he has. i'm looking forward to a darth vader, a chewbacca, and, most of all, a snowtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Hadn't even thought of Aalya....

"After being left for dead following the betrayal of her Clone Troopers, Aalya Secura was saved and whisked to Etheria by the Mighty Spector (everyone eventually does something right). Healed by She-Ra, she joins the Great Rebellion!"

At least that is the reason she will be on the She-Ra part of my display
    I'd proudly wear an "Aayla Lives!" button or T-shirt. Twi'lek women always seem to get the short end of the stick in the films.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic, I'm excitied to see how this line will progress over time.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Aayla and Kit Fisto are probably the only two characters I'd be interested in, just because I really love both of them. I'm an SW fan, but much more casually. I have all the characters I want in the existing line, so I'm good either way.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Aayla and Kit Fisto are probably the only two characters I'd be interested in, just because I really love both of them. I'm an SW fan, but much more casually. I have all the characters I want in the existing line, so I'm good either way.
    I still need a good Kit Fisto figure. I gave and shipped about 90% of my Star Wars figures from 1995+ to my little brother across the country, so only kept a select few, which pretty much are my best Vader, Emperor, Dooku and Tarkin for some Hammer Horror fun, Aayla and other Twi-leks, and anything having to do with Jabba the Hutt's and his cronies (which includes that Wal-Mart version from a couple of years ago, but sadly never picked up a recent Boba Fett or Rancor), and a few misc like R2. If I were to re-display them if I get a bigger place, I'd probably mainly have it feature Aayla VS Jabba and Darth Talon. That's the fun part, I can make up any version of this universe I want.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's a good idea to get floks who have been begging for this scale back into Star Wars, but I'm not sure if I'll bite. There's little chance we'd get anything like vehicles in this scale except maybe a speeder bike, and somehow it just doesn't seem like Star Wars without the vehicles (a reason I wouldn't be that interested in a 6" Joe line, either). The 4" scale seems perfect for the property, so I may just stick with the main line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's a good idea to get floks who have been begging for this scale back into Star Wars, but I'm not sure if I'll bite. There's little chance we'd get anything like vehicles in this scale except maybe a speeder bike, and somehow it just doesn't seem like Star Wars without the vehicles (a reason I wouldn't be that interested in a 6" Joe line, either). The 4" scale seems perfect for the property, so I may just stick with the main line.
    That is my concern, too. I am excited by the figures but I am very interested in the vehicles. When I walk into TRU the thing that always impresses me is their vehicles. The new AT-AT from a few years ago, the Millenium Falcon in the ESB box, the giant carrier from Phantom Menace. It seems like Hasbro is trying to make their vehicles to scale or as close to scale as possible. I do not see how that is possible with a 6" line. Can you imagine an AT-AT that is even close to scale with 6" figures? It'd probably cost 300.00 dollars. Things like the G.I.Joe space shuttle or Fortress Maximus would pale in comparison in price.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    That is my concern, too. I am excited by the figures but I am very interested in the vehicles. When I walk into TRU the thing that always impresses me is their vehicles. The new AT-AT from a few years ago, the Millenium Falcon in the ESB box, the giant carrier from Phantom Menace. It seems like Hasbro is trying to make their vehicles to scale or as close to scale as possible. I do not see how that is possible with a 6" line. Can you imagine an AT-AT that is even close to scale with 6" figures? It'd probably cost 300.00 dollars. Things like the G.I.Joe space shuttle or Fortress Maximus would pale in comparison in price.
    Vehicles would be cool.....a Millienium Falcon in that scale........would be awesome. I'm looking forward to the figures either way though. I wouldn't mind sticking to collecting vintage vehicles and the new modern figures. I'm MOC when it comes to Star Wars anyway.

im game for this..

wish they did this when plastic was cheaper.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    wish they did this when plastic was cheaper.
    Here, here. Would have been gravy if this was the era of the 9.99-12.99 Marvel Legends-ish figures some years back. If wishes were horses

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Rebelscum is reporting that Boba Fett may be an SDCC Exclusive. Ouch.

Of course, they also make a good point that many of HAsbro's recent SDCC exclusive have later been offered at retail. The SDCC exclusive version may just have a different paint job, extra accessory, and/or special packaging.

Guess we'll find out for sure this Saturday at TF.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Yeah, not too worried. Yet.

I really can't believe this is the only Fett they'd offer. I imagine he'll either be a repaint or maybe have special packaging. Maybe he'll come with Solo in Carbonite or something?

Yeah I imagine it will be a repaint in the regular series, similar to how they do TF exclusives and others
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Agreed with you both. That is how they've basically handled their TF and Marvel Legends exclusives the past few years. So I'm sure this will be the same sort of deal.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

You can almost hear BJH clamoring for a talking Vader who can yell, "No!"

"The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Boba is way too popular to not sell at retail. I will most likely only get the evil characters: Boba, Vader, troopers, Maul. Darth Maul hanging with the Horde will be epic. Boba kicking the snot out of fake boba Vykron is gonna be a fun day!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You can almost hear BJH clamoring for a talking Vader who can yell, "No!"

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

"The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Boba is way too popular to not sell at retail. I will most likely only get the evil characters: Boba, Vader, troopers, Maul. Darth Maul hanging with the Horde will be epic. Boba kicking the snot out of fake boba Vykron is gonna be a fun day!!!
    Oh yeah! I really hope they get some Clone Wars characters in there because I want an Asajj Ventress too!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Rebelscum is reporting that Boba Fett may be an SDCC Exclusive. Ouch.

Of course, they also make a good point that many of HAsbro's recent SDCC exclusive have later been offered at retail. The SDCC exclusive version may just have a different paint job, extra accessory, and/or special packaging.

Guess we'll find out for sure this Saturday at TF.
    This isn't exactly bad news. 2012's SDCC Exclusive was that awesome Super Storm Trooper AKA Concept Boba Fett and though he wasn't available at retail he was pretty easy to get via mail-away or even Ebay, yes Ebay. I see this as just Hasbro's way of getting attention to the line; offer a ridiculously popular character as a great figure at SDCC and then make it easy to get if you don't go to Comic Con so the rest of the fans don't feel left out. It's a hell of a concept.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I have never collected or owned any Star Wars, but with this new 6" line that might all change.

I actually put up some more shelves yesterday in anticipation for this line
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Dan, I'm fully expecting to see a video of these from you. Super excited to see what they reveal at TF.