Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I have never collected or owned any Star Wars, but with this new 6" line that might all change.

I actually put up some more shelves yesterday in anticipation for this line
    I kicked out my live in girlfriend. I did you one better
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    It doesn't count if they're imaginary, Kinger.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I have never collected or owned any Star Wars, but with this new 6" line that might all change.

I actually put up some more shelves yesterday in anticipation for this line
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am lucky that my wife is the reason I collect. She pretty much forces me to buy everything I have ever wanted. I tell her that she is crazy all of the time.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I am lucky that my wife is the reason I collect. She pretty much forces me to buy everything I have ever wanted. I tell her that she is crazy all of the time.
    She have a sister?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

You don't deserve her.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

This line is just... wow.

I love Star Wars (well 3 to 5 - the prequals are EXECRABLE) so I cannot wait to get some of these...

The timing is great considering that there's only a few MOTUC left that I want. (Ram, Jitsu, Shokoti...)
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    She have a sister?
    She was an only child

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    You don't deserve her.
    You are 100% correct on that
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Apparently I was right! The SDCC exclusive will be Boba and Han in Carbonite!

I thought that the teaser pic shown at Hasbro panel was leaked but was a false alarm
    Last edited by Rhanen; February 9, 2013 at 03:00pm. Reason: Wrong info
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Great....now I gotta find a hook up at SDCC...lol! Missed out on Carbonite Jar Jar and people want a fortune for him!

Some new pics here: http://thefwoosh.com/2013/02/toy-fai...medium=twitter. I'm pretty disappointed in the use of cloth with some of the clothing. I think they would have been better off going with a soft rubber like MOTU Classics. Between the cloth and the news that Boba Fett will be a con exclusive, my enthusiasm is starting to wane a bit.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

I'm disappointed Maul's whole cloak isn't cloth. Also dammit about the two heads. Now I have to buy two of him.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

The Stormtrooper and R2D2 look very nice. Not too impressed with Maul, TBH.

Official Hasbro pics. I think the soft goods look good as they are used sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well I'm out!

There's no way I'll be able to get one off Hasbo Shop and highly unlikely no one will pick one up for me at SDCC so why even bother starting. I refuse to pay the absurd prices I know this will be going for after the Con.

Great way to ruin another line Hasblow.

These look great! Its about time SW is being brought in this scale. I'm definitely going to be picking some of these up! The Sand Trooper looks amazing and I'd like to see more pics of Darth Maul. Making Boba Fett the sdcc exclusive!? I'm gonna have to tap into some connections to secure one, but I'm sure a regular version will be released later on just in case. Bring on Vader, Han, Mara Jade and Chewie!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

While this new series is looking good, I'm afraid it comes a few years too late for me. I collected POTF2 figures for a long time and eventually got burned out on all the constant releases of major character with minor scene-specific changes. I already had reservations about starting with a comprehensive line like MOTUC but I can't do it again with such a huge line like Star Wars. I tend to be a completist with my collections so it just makes it too much of a financial burden to even start. Add in that it looks like Boba Fett with Carbonite Han is already going to be a SDCC exclusive that's going to be difficult, and expensive, to get from the start and I'm out. Finally, one of the big perks of the smaller figures were the vehicles and playsets that are just as iconic as the characters. I just don't see Hasbro making any more than a couple of ships like the X-Wing or TIE Fighter at best. I'm pretty sure a Black Series-scale Millennium Falcon, a must-have vehicle IMO, won't ever be made due to the sheer size and costs of it. Forget the Slave-1, AT-AT, Y-Wing, Vader's TIE, Jedi Starfighters, Republic Gunship, AT-ST, or Tatooine Skiffs. Even if they do get made, you'd need a new house to display them, heheh!

Maybe I'll pick up a Bespin Luke and Vader if I see them in stores. Otherwise, I'm going to steer clear of this line...But I am happy for the next generation of collectors that's going to enjoy these. I look forward to seeing cool display pics, at least!

Pixel Dan, I just saw your walkthrough video on your site. The figures look great, really excited about these. I couldn't get any audio on the vid though, anyone else having that problem?

Nerdgasmed. Hard.

Shame about Vader's cloak - would look better as plastic and not like someone cut a square out of a pair of tights.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Pixel Dan, I just saw your walkthrough video on your site. The figures look great, really excited about these. I couldn't get any audio on the vid though, anyone else having that problem?
    Is the video in Mono, maybe? I've had a few people on YouTube tell me that video is in Mono for some reason. It sounded fine in my headphones while I was editing, so I don't know if it's a YouTube problem or something with the actual video. I'll have to look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Nerdgasmed. Hard.

Shame about Vader's cloak - would look better as plastic and not like someone cut a square out of a pair of tights.
    You mean Maul, right? No Vader for the 6" series yet.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Oh, I thought the 3.75″ Vader was 6"... failed to read while gloating over pictures

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    These really do look like Hasbro is bringing their A-game, but Toy Fair pretty well convinced me not to start with this line. THere's way too many other things ('66 Batman figures and Batmobile, more Marvel 6" than expected, Fab Four Power Lords) that I'm definitely going to want, so space and money are to limited to get into a 6" Star Wars line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Man...I haven't bought Star Wars figures since the original Empire Strikes Back ones...but this is tempting.

I may cherry pick a few of these for a small shelf display. Maybe Vader and the original group of Bounty Hunters.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Two sdcc con exclusives, hmmmmm han and fett be an easy 100 each on ebay if they are separate. worth it unless I can get someone to get me one each
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Well I'm out!

There's no way I'll be able to get one off Hasbo Shop and highly unlikely no one will pick one up for me at SDCC so why even bother starting. I refuse to pay the absurd prices I know this will be going for after the Con.

Great way to ruin another line Hasblow.
    Oy. Having to watch and refresh HasbroToyStore constantly all day, every day. We always go on about Mattel, but Hasbro reminds us at times how terrible they can be too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)