Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

So the StormTrooper should be in Wave 3. That month is gonna be real expensive. How many Troopers is everyone gonna grab? I think I will snatch up 4.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    Stop bringing reality into this equation. LOL

Let me dream.
    My bad.... lol....bet it would be the biggest toy ever! Likw won't fit in the door big...lol

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's my review of the SDCC 6" Fett. REALLY happy with him!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I hope they do a 6' Vader before long. That is one of the few I would want. I collected the 3 3/4 figures for years and eventually dropped it (except Ewoks) because it got too expensive. It looks as if the 3 3/4 figures are mostly repacks. The Mara jade looks nice, though.

Darn it, Dan. I didn't want to want this line. I spend enough money as it is. You're not helping my budget any.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Okay, so Darth Plageius is one scarecrow looking guy. Makes me think of Bruce Spence for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    I hope they do a 6' Vader before long. That is one of the few I would want. I collected the 3 3/4 figures for years and eventually dropped it (except Ewoks) because it got too expensive. It looks as if the 3 3/4 figures are mostly repacks. The Mara jade looks nice, though.
    I'm a little surprised they haven't revealed a 6-inch Vader yet actually. I mean three waves in I guess I'd expected him to be in there like Fett and Maul. They are taking their time, but so far I'd be happy to get all of the ones I've seen anyway (well, maybe not so much the Sand Trooper).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

The human figures' faces look horrible (Han, Leia). Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Greedo, and Boba Fett look 20x better.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

They are stretching out this line by not shoving Vader in our face in the first few waves. I think it will be a couple more Waves before he comes along. Same with Yoda and ANH Obi.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

So what do we think of the face sculpt on the Bepin Luke? Luke's Bepin outfit is probably my favorite, so I was happy to hear this was coming to the 6" line. But something about that face/hair sculpt seems off to me. Hoping it's just becuase this is an early shot.

Thoughts?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    So what do we think of the face sculpt on the Bepin Luke? Luke's Bepin outfit is probably my favorite, so I was happy to hear this was coming to the 6" line. But something about that face/hair sculpt seems off to me. Hoping it's just becuase this is an early shot.

http://pixel-dan.com/wp-content/uplo...V-687x1024.jpg

Thoughts?
    It seems to follow with many Star Wars human character faces in the last few years. I look at it and can see elements of the person (in this case Mark Hamil) but i don't look at it and feel like they just nailed it. It could be because it is a early sculpt, but the 3 3/4 line has been like that for me for several years now.

In other news, I am pretty excited about the new 3 3/4 Black series Nikto and Darth Plageius.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

All of the "human" face sculpts look horrible.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yea I know. It was not always the case, but it certainly has been true fpr the last few years. The latest Aalya Secura had a pretty good sculpt, I know she is technically not "human" though.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

This series is starting to ship now, my distributor got in the 3 3/4 Black series on Friday afternoon and it appears BBTS got in the 6" and 3 3/4" series this morning.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    My 6" Wave 1 has shipped from BBTS! Woo hoo!

And it will be here Friday
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 31, 2013 at 10:32am.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Mine is shipping as well. Can't wait to get them in hand!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The human figures' faces look horrible (Han, Leia). Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Greedo, and Boba Fett look 20x better.
    Agreed, but I don't think the maul face is great either, maybe its better in person but it looks like a scaled up version of the 3 3/4 figure, a 6" figure should have a way better sculpt. IMO
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm leaving mine in my Pile Of Loot til Wave 2 ships.

~ Me ~

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I actually had R2 and the Sandtrooper pre-ordered on Big Bad, but then cancelled. I was thinking of getting just one version of the major original trilogy characters, but the price tag kept nagging at me. I LIKE Star Wars, but it's not something like MOTU or DC Universe to me, where I'll take the characters in multiple forms. I just can't really get excited about the same figures in a different size with this property. I will get some of the new characters in the 4" size I've seen, though, and the Mara Jade figure is an upgrade worth having.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    My 6" Black Series wave 1 just arrived and I am really impressed. They look great!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home! I can't wait! Hasbro turned me into a Star Wars collector with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

Thoughts?
    Personally, I think his lips are to severe or something. I just can't put my finger on it. Eh, wait, it kinda looks like he has been aged and he has some wrinkles? I dunno, but its eh for me.

Still excited to see what is produced in the line though!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Got my Black figures in! I have to give it to Hasbro... these are just plain beautiful figures all around. Lots of great, useful articulation. Amazing amount of paints and graphics. Tons of thoughtful accessories. If I have any complaints - the paint on my R2 really could be better. It's a bit fuzzy in places and the silver is a little messed up on the side of his dome. So I'll probably be seeking a replacement in person at some point. I also wish they had stands as the Sandtrooper is a bit top-heavy with his backpack. But that's it. They are seriously amazing in every other way. I really hope they keep up this level of care and quality with future waves.

Cool!

Although thanks to that tea commercial I can't see Darth Maul without thinking "Taste the FAWSE!!"
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    I forgot I pre-ordered an extra sandtrooper from bbts. I ordered the full wave off TRU when they had their buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. Those haven't shipped yet though.

I don't know if I've ever been so anxious waiting for a toy to arrive! Not just because of the figure itself, but because of what it represents-- these are the toys I've wanted since
    I was kid. Even as a teenager, when I was making hours of stop-motion animation, I used to pine for well articulated Star Wars figures. Back in the late 90's early 00's I would buy a figure
    simply because it had an extra swivel joint on the bicep!

This toy is just as awesome as everyone says, but I am pretty disappointed in the range of movement on the thighs, which I think a lot of reviewers are glossing over. I've seen some pics online
    of the Sandtrooper kneeling, but I think they were getting creative with the angles on those photos. You really can't achieve anything close to a natural kneeling pose. If you press down on the top
    of the thigh armor you can slightly tuck it under the cod piece, but it doesn't make much difference. Plus, when I did it to my figure it left a little dent in the leg armor.

I think this is a big deal because if you're planning on troop building (as I was) there's not a ton of different posing options for the waist down besides standing in mildly different ways.
    For me, the whole point of having a bunch of troop figures is so you can have them doing all kinds of stuff. I wish in this one instance Gentle Giant would have erred on the side of articulation,
    rather than fillm accuracy. If the thigh armor was more flush with the legs, the joints would have more room to move. As it is, they built up the armor so it looks like the trooper is actually
    wearing something -- which LOOKS awesome and totally realistic-- but, yeah...

The figure is incredible, don't get me wrong. But I was all set to run out to TRU tomorrow to try and score some more of these guys. As it is, I think I'm satisfied with 2.
    I"m still "all in." I've seen the reviews of Boba Fett and I've mentally prepared myself for the limited leg articulation on him, but if Luke and the rest are limited in similiar ways,
    then I'm really gonna be heartbroken. (Toy heartbroken-- not, like, real life heartbroken)

IMG_4375.jpgIMG_4376.jpg
    Last edited by Gnarliehog; August 3, 2013 at 12:39am.

My friend got his set in yesterday from BBTS and I'm quite happy I canceled my set. I'm just not impressed. I'm kind of glad cause I really can't afford another line. The human figures look horrible.

The fact that I'll never own that SDCC Fett pretty much seals the deal for me.