Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Lol...didn't know that but yeah I'll get him too....hope Darth Vader is in that wave for posing. This is gonna get expensive. Good thing MOTUC is winding down.....maybe......
    The next wave (wave three) is Bespin Luke, Stormtrooper, Episode 3 Anakin, and Episode 3 Obi-Wan. I'll be getting Bespin Luke and several Stormtroopers.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

UGH...
    I dont know if I want to collect I -III figures & just stick with IV - V figures.
    They are all fantastic. If I end up with Maul then I feel like i should get the rest to balance him out.
    Having Anni would be cool though...
    Wave 2 is a must fir ALL of them.
    Bespin Luke is a yes, Storm Trooper is a yes, Obi - Wan is a maybe, Anakin is a probably.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Darth Maul and Dooku are the only "new" characters of interest to me in the prequels. The prequels just don't compare to the original trilogy, nor is there a nostalgia factor for them.

OG Trilogy figures only for me!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

HD figures on youtube
    Loving this line!

image.jpg

I think there are more than a few prequel characters worth having in this scale. Count Dooku, Mace Windu, General Greivous, Aura Singh, Queen Amidala, and Qui Gonn as well as Asajj Ventress and Ahsoka Tano would all be great to get in addition to OT characters. I'd be happier to get them than the bounty hunters and Jabba's minions anyway. But who knows if this line has legs to get that far.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think for the most part this who they should make (note some of these I won't be getting myself). Starting with Episode 4 going through 3 and some other media, yes some of these are already out or planned.

White Dress Leia
    Smuggler Han
    Old Obi Wan
    C3Pio
    R2D2
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Jawa with a mech of some sort
    Boba Fett
    Palpatine
    Lando
    Yoda, two pack with Wicket maybe
    Slave Leia

2-3 Lukes looks like Bespin, X-wing Pilot and either Tatooine Luke or Return of Jedi Luke

Anakin Skywalker (ep 3)
    Obi Wan (ep3)
    Darth Maul
    Count Dooku
    Aura Sing
    Aayla Secura
    Ahsoka Tano
    Mace Windu
    Cad Bane
    General Greivous
    Queen Amidala
    Qui Gonn
    Asajj Ventress
    Kitt Fisto
    Plo Koon
    Quinlan Vos
    Shak-Ti

Various Storm and Clone Troopers

Exclusives or alternatives, Tarkin, Biggs and Wedge.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 17, 2013 at 12:15pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree there are a few prequel characters I'd get. Ep. III Obi is definitely wan. I mean, one. Ep. III Anakin is another if he's in full-blown evil mode.

Good call on Aayla Secura and the others, Wyldman11! I hope Tarkin is easy to get though. He and General Veers are my favorite imperial officers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I agree there are a few prequel characters I'd get. Ep. III Obi is definitely wan. I mean, one. Ep. III Anakin is another if he's in full-blown evil mode.
    Bad wan! I'd hope for an extra head with Sith eyes for E3 Anakin.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

I was keeping an eye on these. After seeing Dan's reveiws I definately gonna pick up Sandtrooper and R2. I loved how chunky it looked in Dan's hands, its hard to get sense of scale by just looking at photos. And I loved how Dan posed them with other figures to get a real sense of scale. Long live Comparison Time! For me after pating DOS+ shipping prices on MOTUC stuff the $20 price tag dosent phase me. Still, I'm gonna be real selective with these though. oh man ..... 6" Dengar! can't *** Wait!

I added in Quinlon Vos and Shak-ti.

Basically I think it's a good over all balance of characters from all media, most fall under the well liked and well known characters enough that most collectors would purchase them. I would easily see it as the definitive 6 inch roster for Star Wars. I almost added in some like Embo, Jango Fett. Baris, General Akbar but figured to leave it a good mix of Bounty Hunters, Imperials, Rebels, males, females, variants as it was. For example I would love a Botan Kryze figure especially in 6 inch scale but not sure there is enough demand for her.

The one problem with original trilogy vs the newer trilogy is there are more characters that are used in the newer trilogy, they also bring in some characters from the expanded universe. As much as I prefer the OT, the new one has some very memorable characters that were received very well by the fan base. The PT just has other issues that we won't go into here.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 17, 2013 at 12:25pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I found the 3.75" Black series at Walmart yesterday so I assume the 6" will come in soon, they have also been spotted at Kmart so by the end of next week people should be able to pick them up at leisure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't know how I did it, but I was able to pass on Darth Maul. Whoo! Hope I never find another of him.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'd be happier to get them than the bounty hunters and Jabba's minions anyway. But who knows if this line has legs to get that far.
    No way! I want Jabba's minions and the bounty hunters from the OT!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No way! I want Jabba's minions and the bounty hunters from the OT!
    Yes way!

Seriously though the groups I tend to like least are various droids, podracers, clone trooper variants, and Gungans. I just don't like throwing out the star PT characters with all those bit players.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 17, 2013 at 02:01pm.

I hadn't purchased any Star Wars figures since the Episode III line, but the 6" scale brought me back.

In terms of character selection, I probably won't stray far from characters featured on the Struzan posters. I am interested in multiple looks, though.

I would buy all of these if they make them:

LUKE
    Episode IV - Tatooine
    Episode IV - Yavin (got it)
    Episode V - Dagobah
    Episode V - Bespin
    Episode VI

LEIA
    Episode IV - Death Star
    Episode VI - Slave (on order)

HAN
    Episode IV (on order)
    Episode V - Carbonite (if I can get a good price)

OBI-WAN (really I'll buy any Obi-Wan they make)
    Episode I
    Episode III
    Episode IV

R2-D2
    OG Trilogy (got it)

C-3PO
    OG Trilogy

CHEWBACCA
    Episode IV

ANAKIN/VADER
    Episode I
    Episode III
    Episode IV or V
    Episode VI - Unmasked

YODA
    Episode V

PALPATINE
    Episode VI

PADME
    Episode I - Theed Throne Room
    Episode II - Tatooine

DARTH MAUL
    Episode I (got it)

I am sure I will be tempted by more. It would be hard to say no to Jabba...

For those of you hoping for a bunch of prequel or EU figures, Hasbro has said that the concentration for the 6" Black Series will be the original trilogy movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    I hadn't purchased any Star Wars figures since the Episode III line, but the 6" scale brought me back.

In terms of character selection, I probably won't stray far from characters featured on the Struzan posters. I am interested in multiple looks, though.

I would buy all of these if they make them:

LUKE
    Episode IV - Tatooine
    Episode IV - Yavin (got it)
    Episode V - Dagobah
    Episode V - Bespin
    Episode VI

LEIA
    Episode IV - Death Star
    Episode VI - Slave (on order)

HAN
    Episode IV (on order)
    Episode V - Carbonite (if I can get a good price)

OBI-WAN (really I'll buy any Obi-Wan they make)
    Episode I
    Episode III
    Episode IV

R2-D2
    OG Trilogy (got it)

C-3PO
    OG Trilogy

CHEWBACCA
    Episode IV

ANAKIN/VADER
    Episode I
    Episode III
    Episode IV or V
    Episode VI - Unmasked

YODA
    Episode V

PALPATINE
    Episode VI

PADME
    Episode I - Theed Throne Room
    Episode II - Tatooine

DARTH MAUL
    Episode I (got it)

I am sure I will be tempted by more. It would be hard to say no to Jabba...
    Looks like a good list to me for starters.

For those of you hoping for a bunch of prequel or EU figures, Hasbro has said that the concentration for the 6" Black Series will be the original trilogy movies.
    Concentration smoncentration, I'll take them a little at a time. I don't believe for a minute that most of the characters I've mentioned won't make it in if the line/scale keeps going.

I was only really interested in the Original Trilogy figures, but I already got Maul and want Obi and Anakin from Ep III. This line is going to be my downfall.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

I caved and ordered Darth Maul, lol. I have always wanted a figure for him and have never had one. The 4 inch figures I have seen at the store in recent months weren't all that great.

I hope these waves are Playmates-spaced, because it is going to be hard to resist buying a Stormtrooper.

I stopped collecting Star Wars figures a long time ago. Talking PoTF long time ago. This new Black Series though has sucked me back in. I love these 6" figures. I've picked up all 4 released figures so far, and am contemplating trying to get the SDCC Boba Fett set. Hasbro is really doing it right so far with these.

One thing that's not talked about much that I really like is the packaging. It's a box with a slide out tray, not some card with a blister pack on it that becomes useless once opened. You can store the accessories or heads that you aren't using in them. You can put your figures back into an almost MOC state when you're done displaying them. I wish other Adult Collector lines would follow suit.

A knock against R2-D2. If the 3.75" figures can have sounds, I don't see why they couldn't do that for the 6" figure. He's kind of light compared to the other ones as far as features and size for the price Definitely the weakest figure of the wave. Being able to press a button and get some beeps and maybe the eye to light up would have made it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
    A knock against R2-D2. If the 3.75" figures can have sounds, I don't see why they couldn't do that for the 6" figure. He's kind of light compared to the other ones as far as features and size for the price Definitely the weakest figure of the wave. Being able to press a button and get some beeps and maybe the eye to light up would have made it perfect.

While I would not want any electronic gimmicks, it would have rocked if he could make simple clicks like the vintage figure.
    I really want an R2 for my collection, but he's a pass. I'll be fine with a good R2 in the vintage scale (assuming I can get one).

I am just curious how they will do that, like Gbagok I would rather see prominent characters from the prequel trilogy than background characters who didn't say anything from the original trilogy.

Of course at this point we have what 11 figures released will be released soon and three are from prequel trilogy and one could be seen used in a prequel display with no problems.

In fact my previous list has a lot of stuff that while I like I wouldn't be going after myself. I have most of what I want in the 3.75 line that's been out, minus Dooku, Greivus, Maul, Ventress, and Boba ( have Jango not doing the whole mail off crap though), Wicket, Jawas, and the ones I listed as exclusives. While six inch is my preferred scale I don't have the need to fill out every figure I like at this point in that scale. I would be happy with episode four versions of Luke, Han, Leia, R2D2, C3Pio, Vader, Obi Wan, Yoda, Chewbacca, and Slave Leia, and then selections from my weakness Jedi. When getting the 3.75 inch figures those were often the ones I had to talk myself out of. I would also like to personally get the comic Legacy figures of Cade Skywalker, Jezreel, Darth Talon, and others I can't remember the name of, Bastilla Shan from KOTOR amongst other Jedi. But I didn't list those, because I was looking at more of an all-stars lineup.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 18, 2013 at 04:20pm.

I got Darth Maul in the mail and picked up Luke at a Kmart. No more Big Lots figures for me, and no more Transformers.

New line.

(R2 and Sandtrooper are still passes, heh)

- - - Updated - - -

R2 should have come with a Jawa. And I have no problem with them putting out fairly obscure characters (eg, Rancor Keeper). I won't be getting many of those and it buys me time to get money together for major characters. I hope the waves aren't going to be rapid fire like they are with Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I got Darth Maul in the mail and picked up Luke at a Kmart. No more Big Lots figures for me, and no more Transformers.

New line.

(R2 and Sandtrooper are still passes, heh)

- - - Updated - - -

R2 should have come with a Jawa. And I have no problem with them putting out fairly obscure characters (eg, Rancor Keeper). I won't be getting many of those and it buys me time to get money together for major characters. I hope the waves aren't going to be rapid fire like they are with Transformers.
    It seems like so far the waves are about 3 months apart, which isn't too bad for only 4 characters per wave. I'd get the Sandtrooper if you can, it's probably my second favorite figure behind Luke. They did a great job with it. Darth Maul comes in 3rd just because his articulation sucks with the robe head on. R2 is the most disappointing but he does look good standing next to Luke. It really needed something extra though.

I'll probably be dropping Transformers too. I'm just going to finish the new TF Prime releases. I'm collecting too many lines now, so I have to drop something. I have no interest in the movie figures which are coming up next so that gives me a couple years of not worrying about buying that line.