Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
    It seems like so far the waves are about 3 months apart, which isn't too bad for only 4 characters per wave. I'd get the Sandtrooper if you can, it's probably my second favorite figure behind Luke. They did a great job with it. Darth Maul comes in 3rd just because his articulation sucks with the robe head on. R2 is the most disappointing but he does look good standing next to Luke. It really needed something extra though.

It seems to me you can make your own sandtrooper just by buying an extra stormtrooper and dirtying him up.
    If he's still floating around in a few months, I might grab him.

I'll probably be dropping Transformers too. I'm just going to finish the new TF Prime releases. I'm collecting too many lines now, so I have to drop something. I have no interest in the movie figures which are coming up next so that gives me a couple years of not worrying about buying that line.

I've got enough movie figures anyway. And I've basically abandoned them at this point. Just not happy with what is being offered. Beast Hunters has completely ruined it for me. You aren't willing to put out all 5 dinobots, but you'll put out guys like Laserback (and repaint him later)? Count me out. I was hoping to get back in at some point, but that's out.

Heroic Warrior
    The only figure revealed so far that I have 0 interest in is EP3 Obi-Wan, but I'm sure I'll still pick him up to duel with the eventual General Grievous, though I have no idea how they're gonna pull off that figure. At the 3.75 scale they could cheat a little because he was so small. With 6"-- yikes! Maybe we won't see him until much later in the line as some kind of deluxe release.

It seems like so far the waves are about 3 months apart, which isn't too bad for only 4 characters per wave.
    Instead of releasing a wave of 4 every 3 months, I wish they would release 1-2 every month. I am loving this line and hate that I have to wait until November for Wave 2. Give me my toys! lol.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Saw them at K-mart today, I have R2D2 in pile of loot to pick up with Han and Leia when they get released at BBT though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So far, the only figure I had to have from series 1 was Maul. I reviewed him here (with lots of pictures) http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/08/...maul-from.html

He is really a lot of fun. I kind of hope I stumble on more of these guys next time I'm at the store.....
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

That's what I thought. But beware: Luke really grows on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    That's what I thought. But beware: Luke really grows on you.
    I still haven't opened Luke. Without an X-Wing, I don't have much use for the X-Wing flight suit version and a X-Wing for this scale would be impossible anyway.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I haven't opened him yet, either. But he still managed to grow on me

Yep. I thought I'd like the Sandtrooper best from the reviews I saw, but upon opening them all Luke is my favorite of the bunch. He just looks great standing there with all the little details and with his helmet on. The Trooper is a very close second though. Can't wait to get more from this series.

Maul really is super fun. Since the figures are so much fun, I really do want to try and pick up someone up like Luke or the Sandtrooper. I know there's no X-wing scheduled for SWB (yet) but I've always liked the X-wing gear. It just looks cool and seems like it's made to be functional. It'll be interesting to see if Hasbro ever does a Snowspeeder repaint/ retool at some point with the grappling hook gun. That'd be a fun figure.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I am painting a sandtrooper, lol.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3&d=1377599806

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1377598445

He has an extremely weathered look, but he isn't filthy like somebody threw him into a mud puddle
    He can function fairly well in either role.

Can't wait to get an official stormtrooper--which I suspect will take until Feb-March to finally find one.

dissapointed by R2. Was hoping he'd be a little bigger and be in scale with my Sideshow threepio
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Ran across a Target that had apparently just put some of the 6" figures out as they had everyone. I hesitated, remembering I wasn't planning to get any of these. Then I plopped them in the basket. I have absolutely no willpower whatsoever.

Hasbro really did pullout all the stops on these; the details are borderline exquisite, and the design, from the integration of the articulation to the accessories, is excellent. I was trying to stay clear of this line because I like Star Wars, but I'm nowhere near as big a fan of it as I am MOTU or comic book heroes (Dc and Marvel). I've been content with just picking up some of the smaller figures for years, but Hasbro made these extremely hard to resist. I've already got the second wave ordered on Big Bad...

No willpower whatsoever...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm dubious, dude. I don't think they would have been hard to pass on if I had other lines going. But I am just finishing up the MOS Movie Masters and found myself without a line. A lot of the stuff I have been buying lately has been cheap stuff at dollar stores, lol.

I do, of course, need figures from some lines off the secondary market; but there's no rush to get those.

got my first one of these today. Cherry picker though. R2-D2. Magical. Cannot wait to get my other likes. So not collecting the whole deal and happy with the wait. I am sure in thought, though, that they will start pumping them out faster. They are just testing the water right now. Bring on the Jawas and other original trilogy fun. Keep the others though..and well no need for luke in his pilot gear Love the hopeful idea of a Land Speeder someday
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Picked up the Sandtrooper today (helped that I had a $5 off coupon for TRU). I'll pick up Maul if I can find one that doesn't have derp eyes. But I'm cherry-picking this thing due to already having my fair share of 3 3/4 madness. So X-wing Luke can step aside for the Bespin version, and unless R2 comes in a better version (or a 3PO 2-pack), he's a no - unless he's gets shoved on clearance.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I don't even want R2 at a reduced price, lol. Can't stand the figure. They get too fancy with R2 figures. He doesn't need wheels. He doesn't need extra attachments that might lead to losing parts if you take him some place. He doesn't need dirty legs. And he doesn't need a cheap/fake lightsaber that can't even hold a blade. Whose brilliant idea was that?

The next one will probably have lights and sounds or battle damage
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I don't get the hate for R2. He's the only one I bought this wave and I'm quite happy with him.

I have 3 Sandtroopers, R2, and X-Wing Luke. I think the Sandtroopers are almost perfection. R2 seems a bit small and lacking some paint details. Luke's body sculpt is great, but the face is off, though it looks much better than any 3 3/4 figure I've seen. Don't and won't own Maul or any EU or Prequel figures.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I don't get the hate for R2. He's the only one I bought this wave and I'm quite happy with him.
    For me personally, at this price point, he should have come with more accessories, or been made from a higher quality plastic to give him some heft. You pick up a package with any of the the other three figures and R2 and the weight difference alone is very significant. He looks good, don't get me wrong, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that tells me he's not worth $20.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The simple answer is Adults are picky. It's why animation became more for kids, adults wanted it to look more realistic, kids however were fine with it. Not to say the complaints are or aren't legitimate. Many of us had a concern that R2 was going to be technically overpriced because of his size and many were hoping he was going to be packed with someone else, have more accessories or more action features to compensate. This was why when I made my list of what should be released a few pages back or the previous page I put Yoda, Wicket, Jawas as double pack ins. Even in the 3 3/4 inch line people have complained about these figures costing just as much as other figures.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Snappy Threader
    These are such awesome figures. Luke is by far my favorite, and the R2 scale isn't as bad as some people make it sound....

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I still haven't opened Luke. Without an X-Wing, I don't have much use for the X-Wing flight suit version and a X-Wing for this scale would be impossible anyway.
    I felt the same way initially, but my good frien Benty said something that made a lot of sense, that this is the outfit he's wearing anytime he makes landfall so he could be wearing it in any number of offscreen adventures. He's big time fun to play with and pose. I've got him fighting Maul right now on the shelf for some seriously wacky, makes no sense in continuity toy fun.

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/07/first-l...luke-skywalker
    http://thefwoosh.com/2013/07/first-l...ies-darth-maul

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon has Wave 2 up for pre-order, but they are $22.99 now.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I will probably have to pass on Greedo and Leia. My Gold's membership runs out in December, lol.

As long as I can get Han and Boba Fett, I'll be happy with that.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."