Thread: Star Wars Black Series

I cannot WAIT!!
    Wave 2 is all must haves for me!!
    Han Solo is going to rock!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I finally got to open my Maul last night. He's absolutely awesome. I love the way his overcoat/head combo works.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I picked up a sand trooper finally. These all have actually been quite easy to find around my neck of the woods...which is nice. I passed on R2, just doesn't seem like he's worth the money. There are other versions of Luke I'd prefer, and I as cool as Maul is, I can't bring myself to buy a figure from the prequels. I hated those movies with a passion. Wave 2 is gonna be sweet though
    MOTUC Needs: Fisto, Whiplash, Roboto, Wind Raider, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, King Randor, Sorceress, TOD Sorceress, Palace Guards, SLL, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Icer, Foe Men, Octavia, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strong-Or, Strobo, Standor, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Horde Prime, Pre-ternia He-man

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my first figures from the Black Series and I'm impressed! They are awesome figures, they look like the smaller scale but just made bigger, however I am impressed by the articulation, especially the ball jointed feet.

I got Luke and Darth Maul. I refuse to pay £22.00 for R2-D2 just yet and Sandtrooper is rare already, didn't find him in any of the stores I visited.

Luke had slop on his armor but not too bad, Darth Maul is my favourite, I'm tempted in buying a second one to display him without the cloak and have him in full battle pose.

Its funny that these are priced at £20-22 though and have ages 4+ on them, how many kids are going to fork out that much on figures? They should have just aimed these outright at adult collectors.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I got Luke a couple weeks ago, and I have Boba Fett preordered. Overall, I am impressed with Luke. He's a fun figure, the articulation is mostly good, and the paint looks fantastic. I'm not completely impressed with the sculpt though, there's something off about him - maybe his face? The body proportions seem a little goofy too.

Also, I don't understand why he doesn't have waist articulation, and an ab crunch would be nice. Other than that, very nice to have some properly done 6" scale Star Wars figures. I don't see myself buying everything in the line...maybe just some choice cuts (when's Vader coming out??).

go dark side on him Luke..force choke..do it.give in to the hatred
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I tried to force myself to stop at Kmart and pick up R2, but I just couldn't do it. He looks ok in images but looks cheap in hand. Hasbro needs to be aware that flaws stand out more as the size of figures increase. They should already know that from working with Cyberverse.

Something seems off about the legs, they don't seem uniform somehow. Also, the point where his legs connect with his torse looks terrible. He certainly looks plastic and feels like lighter than air. They need to do a lot better for this price point.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing these figures in person, I can honestly say they are an easy pass. My love of Star Wars does not justify paying $22 for a tiny 6'' toy. The unleashed figures were beautiful, and worth their $20 price point. Their exciting poses, high detail and great display pieces make them little works of art. Unleashed was an amazing line, and now they can easily be obtained for great prices, sometimes less than retail.

The presence of females will be limited, and the small scale figures offer little more than lots of packaging, and empty pockets.
    Last edited by BC Cherry; September 6, 2013 at 04:07am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    After seeing these figures in person, I can honestly say they are an easy pass. My love of Star Wars does not justify paying $22 for a tiny 6'' toy. The unleashed figures were beautiful, and worth their $20 price point. Their exciting poses, high detail and great display pieces make them little works of art. Unleashed was an amazing line, and now they can easily be obtained for great prices, sometimes less than retail.
    Some of those were nice, but they weren't figures. They were plastic statues, and, while well done, aren't of interest to a lot of action figure collectors. I got a couple of them myself, but they would never be something I'd get instead of an action figure of the character.

I definitely passed on the Padme from Unleashed, because, well, it's a man, baby!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Some of those were nice, but they weren't figures. They were plastic statues, and, while well done, aren't of interest to a lot of action figure collectors. I got a couple of them myself, but they would never be something I'd get instead of an action figure of the character.

I definitely passed on the Padme from Unleashed, because, well, it's a man, baby!
    Yeah, the only ones I have from that line are the Anakin and Obi-Wan that are fighting eachother. They're cool statues, but the don't satiate my need to pose, play, and create stories.

Just picked up Luke in the X-wing gear. Pretty impressive figure. I really love the paint apps on the helmet:http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/09/...ywalker-x.html

I wonder if we'll get any other X-wing pilots in this line? I'd imagine the only two we'd be likely to see (unless this line goes on for years or Hasbro ups the number of releases) are Wedge and Biggs (although Porkins would be awesome).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Thought you guys might enjoy this Black Series/ Vintage Kenner Star Wars mash-up commercial my sons and I put together.

If you hit our channel over there, we have reviews up for Darth Maul and Luke too... Sandtrooper, R2, and Fett reviews coming soon.

Sallah

I was interested in this series, but I don't plan on getting every figure. The first one I found at retail, of those I intend to get, was R2D2. However, without any other figures in the line to compare him to, he stands next to my DC Unlimited and MotUC figures and looks small - like, really, really small. I feel like the R2s in the classic line weren't much smaller than he is. I know the MotUC figures are oversized, but still, if he's supposed to be over 3 feet in actual form, shouldn't he be at least 3 inches in a 6 inch figure line (which he is not)?

Is R2D2 too small, or is does the entire line run a bit on the small side?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    R2 is a bit small, but not THAT much. The figures are quite a bit smaller than MOTUC. I can't compare them to anything other than MOTUC as that is all I collect.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

after thinking about it, I ended up returning my purchase to TRU......while a few figures excite me (solo), I really just decided not to jump into another toy line at the moment....SW Black just didn't excite me enough to stick around.
    MOTUC Needs: Fisto, Whiplash, Roboto, Wind Raider, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, King Randor, Sorceress, TOD Sorceress, Palace Guards, SLL, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Icer, Foe Men, Octavia, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strong-Or, Strobo, Standor, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Horde Prime, Pre-ternia He-man

Heroic Warrior
    I finally saw these in person today. I was impressed but didn't buy yet. R2 looked really cool. I love all the little gadgets.

I work at Toys R Us and we got a bunch in this week for our sale. They are $15.99 this weekend sogood time to get them....especially the troopers.

The new Anakin Skywalker has been revealed.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The new Anakin Skywalker has been revealed.
    Where? All I can find is the 3.75" Anakin in the Black series.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Where? All I can find is the 3.75" Anakin in the Black series.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...der_154644.asp

Thanks! Not sure I like the face sculpt....

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Thanks! Not sure I like the face sculpt....
    Most of the human face sculpts aren't fantastic. Han is the best one. There are pics of the production Leia and she looks better than earlier shots.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Not sure I like the 6" Anakin face sculpt. I might give it a miss.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I might give it a miss.
    What does that mean?

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Not sure I like the 6" Anakin face sculpt. I might give it a miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What does that mean?
    What does "I might give it a miss" mean? It means I might not buy it. lol.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

It still amazes me how scarce these are. The only ones I've seen is the one of each that I bought. Never once since.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!