Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Leia is the weak link of the new wave. She has the worst all-around sculpt of each figure from wave one and two.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I've decided to make a little room on a shelf for some of the 6" figures.

I passed on Sand Trooper to much of my friends' dismay, but I plan on trying to snag a Storm Trooper anyway, and I like the crisp design of the normal trooper better. The sand trooper is the only rare one around me. Target always has three of them all but this one. They will never have more than one Sand Trooper, and he doesn't sit long.

I bought Darth Maul first. The two character designs I love from episode one are Darth, and the queens wardrobe (which I guess accounts for more than one design, but I'd only get one if they released her).

I then grabbed Luke, and he is def my fav now. I bought R2 just as an accessory to Luke, hoping for a C3PO later so they can chill together. Otherwise I have enough R2s kicking around. My first Luke had a melted ankle joint, so I had to return him, but they had another so it was an easy swap-out. That was a little concerning, as far as the quality of these figures, but it seems to be an isolated incident.

I'll grab Boba from wave two, and Stormy from three if I can find them. But this is a very small shelf, so that's all I have plans for until further release info.

I'd be looking to get a nice Leia (Hoth, Boushh, or NH), Vader of course, Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, and the non-Dengar bounty hunters are a must, plus maybe a few odds and ends if they present themselves. Some droids or something. Not looking to get a ton of the heroes. I'll be displaying these next to my loose vintage (I don't own anything carded) and my twelvies. So it's not like the whole cast needs to be represented. So I'm just going for my favorite designs, and the Jedi and most other heroes can't compare to the villains, droids and aliens in that regard.

I was wanting to get Slave Leia, but I'm not sold on her just yet. ~If~ she turns out anything like the first Luke though, I might cave.

I'm sold though. The last time I was into Star Wars I was a completest, and the product wasn't amazing (POTF2 though Episode 01 and POTJ stuff). This time, the figures are much nicer, not coming out as often, and I'm only planning on grabbing what most interest me. So that makes it pretty legit for my needs. Kind of like the TMNT classics. Very slow pace, great figures. Why not get 'em!

Entertainment Earth has Wave 2 in stock. That means BBTS should be getting theirs soon.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

hate the face sculpt on luke and leia's is even worse sadly. no reason at the 6" scale the faces should look so 'cheap' to my eyes that is.

- - - Updated - - -

I grabbed a maul when toys r us had a 25% off sale on all star wars stuff. I like him, still wish he had an angry head sculpt included
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Leia's is the worst, no question. Luke's isn't that great, either. Han's is pretty good. That said, they are the best sculpts for the characters to date in action figure form (unless you count HotToys). All the others are great imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received notification that Wave 2 is in stock at BBTS. Just clicked to ship them from my "pile of loot."

BBTS just shipped my Wave 2, but I have to wait until Christmas to get them.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

It hit my Pile of Loot on BBTS. But I'll be waiting a bit to ship as I JUST shipped one (sadness.)

From the most recent pics, I am actually pretty upbeat about Leia. I'll wait to see how she looks in person. I've been pretty happy (but not blown away) by the likenesses so far.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I have been sitting on a crap load of stuff in my "Pile of Loot" and was waiting for these to hit before I shipped. Probably saved a buttload on my shipping. I should have waited until Bebop and Rocksteady TMNT Classics hit and Marvel Select Silver Surfer, but they would have automatically shipped my Loot anyway.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Luke's headsculpt is okay, it looks like Luke from the first movie. Leia is hideous. And the plastic chain is pretty cheap...

Picked up the Sandtrooper today. Very cool! Might get more.

The Bespin Luke head sculpt isn't looking so good in these new shots. What is up with his eyes? I hope the final version looks better than this:

http://www.yodasnews.com/

I'm sure it will look better than that, LOL. Anyway, he's a pass.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Wave 2 will arrive today, but I have to wait until Christmas to see them.

Heroic Warrior
    Woah! That Bespin Luke is real bad. He looks like a Basset Hound. Surely they'll fix the eyes???

I got Wave 2 last night from BBTS-- My Leia has better eyes than a lot of the ones I've seen on the internet. Barely derpy. The joints don't bother me-- that's the point of this line. If you want nice looking, minimally articulated figures, there's roughly 35 years worth of them for you to choose from. I want to pose these things. The pouches on Boba Fett bug the hell out of me for that reason. And while I was thrilled with the Sandtrooper at first, I find the limited range on his hips makes what should be the funnest figure on my shelf, into one I've barely touched since I opened it. He can stand there and... that's about it. I bought multiples to army build, with big ideas of all sorts of fun scenes to stage, but as of now I've only opened the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Woah! That Bespin Luke is real bad. He looks like a Basset Hound. Surely they'll fix the eyes???
    I certainly hope so.

It's sad Luke look!

I'm sure the final will look better! Thats how toy companies should do it. Release a crap painted promo pic then when you actually get them you have an amen moment as apposed to the other way around!

But anyhow...i NEED my Han Solo NOW...no...yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

I have not loved a Star Wars line like this since i was a kid!
    I am seriously excited for the next wave and the wave after, etc.
    Releasing 4 at a time is great...it makes $20.00 a figure way more affordable than 10 at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post

I got Wave 2 last night from BBTS-- My Leia has better eyes than a lot of the ones I've seen on the internet. Barely derpy. The joints don't bother me-- that's the point of this line. If you want nice looking, minimally articulated figures, there's roughly 35 years worth of them for you to choose from. I want to pose these things. The pouches on Boba Fett bug the hell out of me for that reason. And while I was thrilled with the Sandtrooper at first, I find the limited range on his hips makes what should be the funnest figure on my shelf, into one I've barely touched since I opened it. He can stand there and... that's about it. I bought multiples to army build, with big ideas of all sorts of fun scenes to stage, but as of now I've only opened the one.

I know what you mean, but it isn't like stormtroopers were ever portrayed as being athletic. They were only slightly more agile than cylons.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Wave 2 will arrive today, but I have to wait until Christmas to see them.
    Actually, my wife went ahead and gave them to me and all of mine look great! Very impressed!

I'm thinking I might bail on this line.

Kind of a bummer, but oh well. Life goes on...

Are the 6" figures a retail only figure??

Because the only black figures are the 3 3/4" ones by me......

Got my wave 2 today. I love these figures. Leia is wayyy better in person. Can't wait for wave 3, though I'll only be getting Luke and hopefully six Stormtroopers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Are the 6" figures a retail only figure??

Because the only black figures are the 3 3/4" ones by me......
    They are at retail and online. Check BBTS.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest issue with Leia, to me, is how much smaller she is compared to the others. She's naturally smaller than the other characters, but it's a big difference in her size and the other figures.

Anyone know when the 6" Black Series Wave 3 is set to be released? I just received an alert from BBTS stating the 3.75" Black Series Wave 3 is now available for pre-order. Hopefully the 6" Wave 3 pre-order won't be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'm thinking I might bail on this line.

Kind of a bummer, but oh well. Life goes on...
    How come? This is my first opportunity to collect Star Wars and I am LOVING this new 6" Black Series line.

How come? This is my first opportunity to collect Star Wars and I am LOVING this new 6" Black Series line.
    The 6" line is nice but the 3.75" line is...weak...to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    The 6" line is nice but the 3.75" line is...weak...to say the least.
    Yeah, I just collect the 6" series.

I wish they'd do a 6" ARAH G.I. Joe line, but that will probably never happen. It's taken forever for them to come out with most of the 3 3/4 vintage figures, some of which are utterly horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke's eyes are still looking messed up. Stormtrooper looks rad. No word on release date yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Anakin has been dropped from wave 3. He will be in a later wave according to Hasbro. There will only be three new figures in wave three: Bespin Luke, Ep. 3 Obi-Wan, and Stormtrooper.