Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Maybe it's just me...and maybe it has something to do with the fact hat I never owned toys as a kid (so I didn't own any of the Star Wars figures before now), but I LOVE all of the 6" Black Series figures. I think they are terrific. My only problem is I wish more figures came in a wave or the waves came out closer together because I can't get them in my hands fast enough.
    Nothing wrong with that! I love them all too, regardless of the nitpicks I have. I'm incredibly happy with this line!

And we've already got 8 figures (9 if you count the SDCC Fett as separate.) That's pretty impressive considering this line just launched in July! Wave 3 is supposed to him in early 2014, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start going out by the end of December.

I assume the next waves will be revelaed at NY Toy Fair in February.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Nothing wrong with that! I love them all too, regardless of the nitpicks I have. I'm incredibly happy with this line!

And we've already got 8 figures (9 if you count the SDCC Fett as separate.) That's pretty impressive considering this line just launched in July! Wave 3 is supposed to him in early 2014, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start going out by the end of December.

I assume the next waves will be revealed at NY Toy Fair in February.
    Yeah, that is pretty awesome. I am just impatient. lol. I look forward to the Wave 4 reveals. Hoping for some more vintage figures especially Chewbacca, C-3PO, Darth Vader, Yoda, and some Ewoks, etc).
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

I actually want the lower-tier characters from the OG Trilogy the most:

1) Any of Jabba's palace villains
    2) Bounty hunters: Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, Boskk
    3) Snow troopers (both rebel and imperial)
    4) Emperor and Royal Guards
    5) Any cantina patron
    6) Any Ewoks
    7) Rebel Fleet Troopers
    8) Jawas and Tusken Raiders
    9) Lando and Besbin Guards and Lobot and Ugnaugts
    10) Any beast or vehicle

And of course, the main characters.

Anything from the OG Trilogy.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My problem with the faces is, they don't seem to have any kind of emotion or anything in them.
    That's my issue.

I get the idea of trying not to give them too much expression because you want them to be a "blank canvas" for playing. But they just end up with a bit of "dead face".

I'm fine with the neutral facial expressions. Especially on Luke, which I think is the best human headsculpt so far.

Agree with those who say there aren't enough figures per wave! I actually think the 3 3/4 line is pointless, they have umpteen lines in that scale already. I wish they'd put all the resources into the 6-inch line, which is new territory and could have just been its own thing. Maybe it would have resulted in more figures per wave.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I actually want the lower-tier characters from the OG Trilogy the most:

1) Any of Jabba's palace villains
    2) Bounty hunters: Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-Lom, Boskk
    3) Snow troopers (both rebel and imperial)
    4) Emperor and Royal Guards
    5) Any cantina patron
    6) Any Ewoks
    7) Rebel Fleet Troopers
    8) Jawas and Tusken Raiders
    9) Lando and Besbin Guards and Lobot and Ugnaugts
    10) Any beast or vehicle

And of course, the main characters.

Anything from the OG Trilogy.
    Of those I'll take any of them, but mostly stuff from the first two films. ROTJ is one of the weakest films for me. I'd like those figures but they don't mean the same to me as the first two films...I didn't play with the toys (was into motu by then) or love the film as much.
    I would like various prequel characters as well...Qui-Gonn, General Grievous, Padme, Clone Troopers, various Jedi...and Clone Wars characters. There is just so much to mine from, this line could go on forever (and I hope it does).

I just found 3 R2s, Lukes, Mauls, and Sandtroopers at a local Department store!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm fine with the neutral facial expressions. Especially on Luke, which I think is the best human headsculpt so far.
    I think it works best on Luke, especially this one in particular, because he often had a bit of a neutral expression on his face. Han should have a smirk on his face, and Leia one of she's going to retain her dignity and poise which she had most of that sequence.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    There's a list floating around the Star Wars sites that I guess someone pulled off an upcoming inventory list from some store??? They do this all the time and they're usually right.
    The 6 inch figures listed (that haven't been announced yet) are

CHEWBACCA
    TIE PILOT
    C3PO
    DARTH VADER
    LUKE JEDI
    CLONE TROOPER
    JAWAS
    JABBA THE HUTT
    SPEEDER BIKE

The Speeder Bike was teased at SDCC but there hasn't been any pictures yet. There was also an interview with one of the Hasbro guys where he basically confirmed we'd either get a Jabba or a TaunTaun this year, so this seems pretty believable to me.

I'd like to see some more background characters as well. Seems like they're blowing through these main characters too quickly. If the list is right we'll already have 3 Lukes. They need to sprinkle in a Hammerhead or Ree Yees at least once a wave. Yeah, those characters are on screen all of 2 seconds, but at this point, most of them are nearly as iconic as the leads.

Wow, great list! Looks like I'll be a completist for a while if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    I'd like to see some more background characters as well. Seems like they're blowing through these main characters too quickly. If the list is right we'll already have 3 Lukes. They need to sprinkle in a Hammerhead or Ree Yees at least once a wave. Yeah, those characters are on screen all of 2 seconds, but at this point, most of them are nearly as iconic as the leads.
    There are so many main characters and variants to choose from...and the best Luke (Episode IV) is yet to come. But I agree, too many Lukes in one year. I would rather see Hammerhead than Jedi Luke as well. I'd also rather see a prequel character than a Tie Pilot who has nothing to pilot (I would still still get him though)

I would likely buy two Jawas. I had two when I was little, one with the plastic cloak and one with the cloth version.

Heroic Warrior
    The listing specifically says "Jawas" plural, so here's hoping we get a two pack! No other figures are referred to that way. All the trooper are singular.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    There's a list floating around the Star Wars sites that I guess someone pulled off an upcoming inventory list from some store??? They do this all the time and they're usually right.
    The 6 inch figures listed (that haven't been announced yet) are

CHEWBACCA
    TIE PILOT
    C3PO
    DARTH VADER
    LUKE JEDI
    CLONE TROOPER
    JAWAS
    JABBA THE HUTT
    SPEEDER BIKE

The Speeder Bike was teased at SDCC but there hasn't been any pictures yet. There was also an interview with one of the Hasbro guys where he basically confirmed we'd either get a Jabba or a TaunTaun this year, so this seems pretty believable to me.

That's a great list! I would be happy with that.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Oh man, I hope that list is right. Jabba the Hutt?!?! Freaking YES! That will be awesome.

And man, do you guys realize how epic Darth Vader is going to be in this line? That is going to be the must-have figure, I already bet.

The Targets in my area have gotten in Wave 2. Picked up Boba Fett (since I think he'll be the hardest to find), but I plan to get Greedo, Han, and Leia as well.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    The Targets in my area have gotten in Wave 2. Picked up Boba Fett (since I think he'll be the hardest to find), but I plan to get Greedo, Han, and Leia as well.
    Good to know those are hitting retail!

Out of nowhere my Toys R Us suddenly has a TON of Wave 1. Probably 5-7 of each figure from 6" Wave 1. I thought that was strange, seeing as how those figures have been pretty scace in my city and suddenly they have so many. I hope they don't have too many, since Series 2 is supposed to be hitting retail now.

Finally got around to reviewing Boba Fett. Saving the best for last, you know?

Here's the link: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fett-from.html

I really, really like him but I think I still like the Vintage Collection Fett better. Weird, huh?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Just got Greedo!
    Slave Leai is a hot mess!
    No Han or Bobba!

Got Leia and Han last night, now to wait for C3Pio, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, a Luke I like and any random character I like.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Oh my love for Greedo know no bounds!
    He is FANTASTIC!
    I cannot wait to find Han!
    Ive decided to go for the SDCC Bobba. I figured if I'm gonna do it, do it right! This line...i love it!
    It has really rejuvinated my love for SWs!
    I guess I'll get Slave Leai. I was hoping seeing her in real life she'd look better...so sad. No rush fir her though!

Well, just finished reviewing the Sandtrooper. I've had him since September but just got around to reviewing him. He's really very cool with a great arsenal of weapons: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oper-from.html

Lately I've been thinking about writing an article about Star Wars Black in regards to how Hasbro chooses to represent each character in the line. While the 1/18th line has tended to focus on moments in time (i.e. very scene specific renditions of characters) the Black Series seemed to be trying to give us definitive versions of characters. Maul could be displayed with and without his robe, splitting sabers,and with his binoculars. R2-D2 came with most of the gadgets he used in all of the films. The Sandtrooper could represent a number of different squadleaders due to having three firearms. Now, with series 3 on the horizon, Hasbro seems to be going to less versatile figures.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I never owned any Star Wars toys as a kid, but I always liked the movies. I only recently picked up the prequels and watched them, then I wondered if there was a 6 inch line I could collect. I saw Dan's reviews and couldn't believe my luck. I now have a case of wave 1 and wave 2 coming over from BBTS now and I can't wait to open them!!
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon has S1 Luke, Maul, and R2 for $9.99.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Armoured View Post
    I never owned any Star Wars toys as a kid, but I always liked the movies. I only recently picked up the prequels and watched them, then I wondered if there was a 6 inch line I could collect. I saw Dan's reviews and couldn't believe my luck. I now have a case of wave 1 and wave 2 coming over from BBTS now and I can't wait to open them!!
    Awesome! I think you'll love them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    Amazon has S1 Luke, Maul, and R2 for $9.99.
    That's a sweet deal! Great chance for anyone to jump on this line!

Just got the email that wave three is up for pre-order on BBTS. Just pre-ordered Bespin Luke and 6 Stormtroopers!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Just got the email that wave three is up for pre-order on BBTS. Just pre-ordered Bespin Luke and 6 Stormtroopers!
    I got the e-mail also. Hate that they added Han Solo to the case because I don't need him (since he came in Wave 2), but it will cost almost just as much to buy the other 3 figures separately. The case could have included a 2nd Stormtrooper or another Sandtrooper. Not another Han.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; November 27, 2013 at 06:41am.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I got the e-mail also. Hate that they added Han Solo to the case because I don't need him (since he came in Wave 2), but it will cost almost just as much to buy the other 3 figures separately. The case could have included a 2nd Stormtrooper or another Sandtrooper. Not another Han.
    Is there any chance that's a mistake that they added Han again? Seems kinda weird right?