Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I got the e-mail also. Hate that they added Han Solo to the case because I don't need him (since he came in Wave 2), but it will cost almost just as much to buy the other 3 figures separately. The case could have included a 2nd Stormtrooper or another Sandtrooper. Not another Han.
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    Is there any chance that's a mistake that they added Han again? Seems kinda weird right?
    It does seem really weird, but it's that way on BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yep, I'm in the same boat of having to pre-order a case which means I get a second Han.

The single Stormtrooper listing on BBTS sold out lightning fast! Crap! Looks like everyone is army building! I gotta find myself some extras somewhere else. I'm thinking I want at least 4.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I got my six Stormtroopers the moment I got my email.

- - - Updated - - -

They have a set of the new 3 on BBTS right now for $75.00.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They have a set of the new 3 on BBTS right now for $75.00.
    So, Han is worth $5.00? lol.

They have him for pre-order for $10. Talk about overstock now.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

They should have the set of 3 for $59.99.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They have him for pre-order for $10. Talk about overstock now.
    Not even that...the curret in-stock Han's are $9.99, marked as being on "Clearance!" Looks like they are anticipating have quite the overstock on Han. But, it's a great opportunity for anyone wanting one right now to snag him for half off!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    They should have the set of 3 for $59.99.
    Well to be fair, BBTS is in the market to make some money. It's sort of a typical practice for specialty shops to charge a little extra for the guys who collectors will be after, like these Stormtroopers. While it would be ncie if they charged the same $19.99 for each figure, it's not uncommon that they aren't.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I went ahead and pre-ordered the 3 for $74.99 since I don't need that extra Han.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I was bidding on a sdcc Boba Fett earlier and lost. The winner paid £112 for it. That is crazy money!!

Have also pre ordered the next wave of figures from BBTS.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

I found Leah and Greedo today in K-Mart. $2 more than anywhere else (even TRU), but oh well.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon has Sandtroopers for $13.49 today, so I grabbed 2 more.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I saw the BBTS pre-order for the Stormtroopers but skipped because of the inflated price (which I totally understandy, BTW). The Sandtroopers were really scarce at first too, and now they're on super clearance sale on Amazon. I also saw them quite a bit at Target, though I haven't for a while now (which is good-- that's healthy) I think it will be the same deal with Stormtroopers. They'll be hard to get at first, then they'll be trying to give them away on Ebay.

It is a shame about Han, though. I guess they know something the rest of us don't?????

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I found Leah and Greedo today in K-Mart. $2 more than anywhere else (even TRU), but oh well.
    I saw them in Kmart today as well, which was the first time I had seen Wave 2 in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Yeah, I saw the BBTS pre-order for the Stormtroopers but skipped because of the inflated price (which I totally understandy, BTW). The Sandtroopers were really scarce at first too, and now they're on super clearance sale on Amazon. I also saw them quite a bit at Target, though I haven't for a while now (which is good-- that's healthy) I think it will be the same deal with Stormtroopers. They'll be hard to get at first, then they'll be trying to give them away on Ebay.

It is a shame about Han, though. I guess they know something the rest of us don't?????

I disagree. No one knew what to expect with wave 1 and re-tailors/e-tailors were in their glory about it's arrival.

Well...it kinda back fired...Wave 1 was and is EVERY WHERE!! Way too much of it was ordered and re-tailors are now killing each other to get rid of it.

I've seen people selling that stuff that sell no thing, but freaking candles for crying out loud!!

You can already see a bit of a drop with availability with wave 2 and I'm certain even more so with wave 3.

Too many people tried to get in on the craze with wave 1, but I don't see that really happening down the road, at least not to that extent.

Wave 3 is also pretty weak so I DEFIANTLY see a lot less of that ordered as people know now that they'll just get stuck with it.

Don't expect the Stormtrooper to be like the Sandtooper at least not for now.

Once they start to sprinkle more Stormtroopers in the later waves and more are available the price will come down, but I'm telling you there's gonna be a lot less of wave 3 out there then wave 1.

Yeah, I think the Stormtrooper is going to be hard to get for a decent price for some time. I'm glad I got my six when I did, and that was before they inflated the price even more than now.

I came across wave 2 at Kmart. I might eventually snatch up Boba Fett --- just to keep the collection moving forward.

Han looks terrible.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Saw Wave 2 at my Target today - unusual for my Target, as they normally have absolutely nothing, but they were stocked up on a number of things. I don't actually collect these myself, but took a gander. The Leia I saw didn't look nearly as bad as I'd heard. Han and Boba Fett both looked pretty neat.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Saw Wave 2 at my Target today - unusual for my Target, as they normally have absolutely nothing, but they were stocked up on a number of things. I don't actually collect these myself, but took a gander. The Leia I saw didn't look nearly as bad as I'd heard. Han and Boba Fett both looked pretty neat.

I agree, I think people are just too nit picky these days about any thing. For the most part they all look fine. Leia defiantly looks better in person. You can see the likeness, although they probably could of went with a better facial expression.

Han isn't bad either. "Terrible" is a bit too extreme.......Great? probably not, but FARRRRR from terrible.

I'm most worried about the Bespin Luke's looks. That face is not impressing me in pics whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I agree, I think people are just too nit picky these days about any thing. For the most part they all look fine. Leia defiantly looks better in person. You can see the likeness, although they probably could of went with a better facial expression.

Han isn't bad either. "Terrible" is a bit too extreme.......Great? probably not, but FARRRRR from terrible.

There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, heh. But I think his head is too small and too pale.
    And the lack of facial features makes him look like a cartoon representative.

- - - Updated - - -

It does kind of irk me seeing wave 1 on Amazon for less than $15 shipped. I usually avoid collector lines because they always seem to devalue. Large companies like Mattel and Hasbro are greedy entities: they will almost always overproduce. You're better off waiting for the rock bottom price to be reached, IMO.

I probably won't wait on Fett just because it's only one figure, but I would definitely hold out if I were buying the entire wave.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; December 2, 2013 at 11:37am.

i just want a Fett
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Stormtrooper for $30 + is a little ridiculous. I think I'll go down to my local Comic Shop and see what they can do for me. Or take my chances when they hit stores. Only really want Bespin Luke and the Stormtrooper in this Wave. Gonna pass on Obi for now.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

JediInsider and Fwoosh posted pics of a Hong Kong Ebayer with Stormtrooper and Bespin Luke for sale. God, I hope Bespin Luke's eyes get corrected by the time it ships to us.

Guess I'll buy Han from BBTS....better than my TRU discount!

Heroic Warrior
    Seriously!! What the hell happened to Luke's face??? It looks like the mold got warped or there was some really bad painting going on. This is the second photo we've seen of him looking like this, so I guess this is the figure we're getting. Man, what a bummer. Basset Hound Luke....