Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Seriously!! What the hell happened to Luke's face??? It looks like the mold got warped or there was some really bad painting going on. This is the second photo we've seen of him looking like this, so I guess this is the figure we're getting. Man, what a bummer. Basset Hound Luke....
    Guesss I'm passing on another Luke.....just saw him and yeah....no. I sure hope ROTJ Luke is done right as that is my prefered version.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Guesss I'm passing on another Luke.....just saw him and yeah....no. I sure hope ROTJ Luke is done right as that is my prefered version.
    Wow, the head looks really really bad:

http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mo...t=0&sl=8|14950

They are probably trying to force people to buy the first Luke.

I have him already. But I have zero interest in anyone in a Bespin outfit (Including Lando).

Heroic Warrior
    Actually if you cover up the eyes it looks pretty good, but man--- those eyes....

I wonder what happened. It's weird because I remember the eyes on the prototype looking slightly Asian. They weren't very Mark Hamill-y, but they looked normal. Maybe Hasbro tried to fix
    them and that's what screwed them up.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Don't condemn it yet, guys. The first "sample" of Leia looked horrendous, but the final version, while far from perfect, looks much better.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I agree, I think people are just too nit picky these days about any thing. For the most part they all look fine. Leia defiantly looks better in person. You can see the likeness, although they probably could of went with a better facial expression.

Han isn't bad either. "Terrible" is a bit too extreme.......Great? probably not, but FARRRRR from terrible.
    It's more of the internet has made people (who post) more extreme in their opinions you either loathe and want to kill everyone involved or love it so much you want to bed down with all those involved. And yes they lead out too hard, and now we get to pay for it. Most non movie related lines I never see the first wave here it isn't till wave 2 I start seeing figures. I have seen all of wave 1 at every location going to carry it here. This was why I ordered figures online, I wasn't expecting to see them in person like I have.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Honestly, a lot of these head sculpts look like enlarged 3 3/4 inch figure's heads. That's not acceptable. I don't require a stellar job on a small figure that runs approximately $7.99. But If they want $20 plus dollars from me, they need to do better.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, same thoughts here. Having said that and as things stand right now, it is a much more interesting toy line that whatever's currently going on in MOTUC.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    He looks so sad. I hope the final product is fixed. Would be a shame if not. I really like the Bespin attire.

I think Gentle Giant is handling these sculpts, right? I feel like they should be getting these likenesses a little better. For the most part they've been ok. Bespin Luke is scaring me, though. I wonder if it's an issue of the factory not being able to get things right on the production pieces vs the prototypes.

The alien and helmeted figures have been great thus far. It's those human faces that seem to be tough to get right.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I really don't think Han is bad at all. I'm actually pretty happy with Han. Luke is the worst to me - both versions. Though, again, I hope the final Bespin Luke comes out better.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

The Luke I am planning on getting would either be Episode 4 Tattoine, Bespin, or Return of the Jedi Death Star. Bespin's face right now is off because of the eyes, with the no expression he has.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Are they hand painted or is it machine painted.
    It looks like a machine did it but the settings werent right...like the coloring is too low or big? Maybe both?
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

They had the Saga Legends x-wing pilot Luke at my local Marshalls. Man, the headsculpt on the 6 inch figure is leaps and bounds better than that. Granted, it's still a nice little figure (especially for $4.99). But it made me appreciate how good the Black series figure is.

Just praying that the Bespin Luke's eyes will be corrected and look at least as good as the X-Wing version . . .

Has anyone found any of the 6" figures at Walmart? None of mine have had any shipments of them. The only places I've seen them are TRU, Target, and K-Mart.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I haven't been to a Walmart in like 2 months, lol. But I was under the impression they weren't carrying them.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon has some of the 6" figs on crazy sales again. I snagged Slave Leia for $13.xx and another Greedo for $9.xx. Amazon's prices are the main thing keeping me in the line at this point.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    Amazon has some of the 6" figs on crazy sales again. I snagged Slave Leia for $13.xx and another Greedo for $9.xx. Amazon's prices are the main thing keeping me in the line at this point.
    If that's the case they probably either A) won't be carrying them much longer or B) will be ordering a LOT less in the future then they have.

I highly doubt that even they with the best discount available is actually making ANY THING at those prices and are in actuality probably loosing money and just looking to clear stock.

So far with the exception of the sandtrooper, greedo and boba this line is kinda disappointing. Especially leia and r2d2. I skipped boba in wave 2 because it's just the sdcc without the carbonate block. Where's vader??? I know boba is popular but vader is the face of the franchise why are we waiting so long for him. They should release a wave with all 4 vader variants (rots,nah,esb,rotj)or split it up between waves. If they make one vader figure for this line please not rots vader... Please... Is anyone listening
    Great Transactions-Heidi, Man E Toys, Skelehorde(x2), Dr Kain, MOTU Maniac, Mighty Pundragon, Greyskulls Fakor(x4), Soundwavempl, Megalodon, Rossimario,Gobo85, bigassbuzz, busta006, Toygiant, Anti hero, customcrazy, mick4metal, starshine

Ryan Davis
    TX/SL/BH 9164
    NEG 501st

I think they are making a mistake by putting out secondary characters like Greedo. They probably don't sell at 20+ dollars and they have no choice but to mark them down. It's always been the Star Wars 'way' to make figures for those characters, but these cost a lot more than the smaller figures.

I used to like my vintage Greedo figure, but I'm definitely not willing to drop $20 on a character that appears for 60 seconds in only one of the movies.

I don't mind the 6" series and have thought for the most part that is well done. The smaller figures are terrible! The most outright and awful figure of the bunch is Mara Jade. That has to be in the top 2 worst head sculpts of all Star Wars figures...ever.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Wave 2 were at TRU today, got Greedo and Boba Fett, cant open them until Christmas day though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I don't mind the 6" series and have thought for the most part that is well done. The smaller figures are terrible! The most outright and awful figure of the bunch is Mara Jade. That has to be in the top 2 worst head sculpts of all Star Wars figures...ever.
    The 3 3/4 figures are terrible now I really liked when they were putting them on the card backs with photos like the old kenners. The black series card backs are Bland and boring
    Great Transactions-Heidi, Man E Toys, Skelehorde(x2), Dr Kain, MOTU Maniac, Mighty Pundragon, Greyskulls Fakor(x4), Soundwavempl, Megalodon, Rossimario,Gobo85, bigassbuzz, busta006, Toygiant, Anti hero, customcrazy, mick4metal, starshine

Ryan Davis
    TX/SL/BH 9164
    NEG 501st

Got a Slave Leia when Christmas shopping. Luckly there were three to choose from, so got one that had normal-looking eyes (though still had a brown splotch of paint on one of her lower legs). Put her with my Gentle Giants Jabba and Oola statue. She actually fits in nicely size-wise. Just wish her had an actual chain instead of the short plastic one for Jabba to hold. Wouldn't mind getting other Jabba throne room figures of this scale.

I'm actually pretty thrilled with this line. Having retired more or less from collecting SW in 2006, this is a great, fresh take with, IMO, great sculpting, paint, and even value. (Speaking as a MOTUC collector-a pleased one at that!). I managed to find a decent Leia and finally had a chance to open her yesterday. She's certainly the low point if the line for me, but I actually found her more charming than I thought I would. I need a Boba still; that's killing me a bit. I seem to keep missing him.

Other than the poor choice of which Leia to start with and Han's blue eyes (?), I think the line is phenomenal. It's made collecting SW actually FUN again, not like the chore it had become.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!