Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Luke's head looks right to me, he WAS young. Nothing pop-singer about him.
    There's an OBVIOUS difference from what he looked like before/after the car accident which fractured his nose and cheekbone. After the surgery he just looked older or just aged, either way not the same.

He looks MUCH younger in ANH vs. the other movies and this Jedi Luke figure just doesn't seem to capture that. It's more of a boyish look then some one who looks 30ish. The sideshow sculpt here, defiantly captures more of what he actually looked like along with some of his even 3.75 figures then the 6" black does.

Luke Dago.jpg

Luke Jedi 1.jpg

Luke collage.jpg

Luke Black Loose.jpg

Sideshow Luke.jpg

Luke close jedi.jpg

Jaba is perfect as is Darth Vader. Finally a Luke I can buy and be happy with! Great reveals!

I love them all!!!

Looks like I'll be skipping wave four. I'll wait for wave five to get Darth Vader, Jedi Luke, Sandtrooper variant, and Chewbacca since he is apparently repacked with wave five. Episode Three Obi-Wan is repacked with wave four.

Very exciting news about the Emperor!

I hope the SDCC exclusive is NOT Jabba with Salacious Crumb and a throne. I'm worried about that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'm very impressed! I wasn't really into the 6" black, but I am all in on these reveals, minus anakin, as I hate the new movies. Finally Han will have buddies on the shelf
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Argh! Dang you to heck Hasbro! You just HAD to do it didn't you? They knew full well I'd be stuck with no option of not buying these with a Jabba release. They did it anyway. Add an awesome Chewie & a Speeder Bike, no way I can resist any longer. The will power is not strong with me.

At least I don't want anything from the prequels, so that saves some money.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Very exciting news about the Emperor!

I hope the SDCC exclusive is NOT Jabba with Salacious Crumb and a throne. I'm worried about that.
    I'm sure all of the main characters are slated in so although cool, not too much of a surprise I suppose.

I have a feeling that it prob. will be Jabba unfortunately with accessories. They're gonna wanna make good on that sculpt as it's essentially a one and done + cost a pretty penny so what better way to do it other then the ol' SDCC special box + extras way.

The SDCC version will sell out and I'm sure there will be plenty of people waiting for the regular issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I'm sure all of the main characters are slated in so although cool, not too much of a surprise I suppose.

I have a feeling that it prob. will be Jabba unfortunately with accessories. They're gonna wanna make good on that sculpt as it's essentially a one and done + cost a pretty penny so what better way to do it other then the ol' SDCC special box + extras way.

The SDCC version will sell out and I'm sure there will be plenty of people waiting for the regular issue as well.
    That would be horrible to for a SDCC-only release with the addition of Salacious Crumb and the throne. That would be horrible. Bad enough that they did not give the majority the option to own Han in carbonite, but to keep such a huge wanted piece (the throne room) and an actual character (Salacious Crumb) would be utterly horrible.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Yeah, I would not be happy if it was an SDCC-only item. At least they could come up with a better way to distribute - like a retailer exclusive. I know he's likely to get nearer the $100 mark, but I'd rather have the throne and SC. I'm also not in love with the soft materials for the mouth.

All the other reveals are fantastic, though.

The reveals look awesome!! LOVE Chewie, Jabba, and the Speeder Bike and Biker Scout!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

That would be horrible to for a SDCC-only release with the addition of Salacious Crumb and the throne. That would be horrible. Bad enough that they did not give the majority the option to own Han in carbonite, but to keep such a huge wanted piece (the throne room) and an actual character (Salacious Crumb) would be utterly horrible.
    In all honesty if he is the exclusive I don't know if they'd make the whole platform, Hookah pipe as so forth an exclusive as well. It's too much sculpting and too expensive to limit all of that as exclusives on top of bread crumb. Those are pretty much mandatory plus a part of him and would just **** a bunch of people off.

Not to mention, how are they then going to market the mass market Jabba at what ever big time price tag that he'll be at? Just as Jabba and that's it? No accessories what so ever? That would defiantly effect it's mass market sales value and I think that they're smarter then that.

I could defiantly see some thing like bread crumb along with a special box being the exclusive though, but not more then that.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Really looking forward to that Jabba. I have yet to start collecting the 6 inch Black Series but I think these next waves are going to push me over. I just know it!!!

I'm on the fence wondering if I should jump in all the way or not. I was all about this line during the first wave, but it was so long in between waves that I lost interest, as Castle Grayskull reignited my passion for MOTUC. I saw wave 2 the other day, all of them, but didn't pick any up. These reveals are great, but going in all the way on this line could be a long expensive ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    He looks MUCH younger in ANH vs. the other movies and this Jedi Luke figure just doesn't seem to capture that. It's more of a boyish look then some one who looks 30ish.
    I'm aware the accident in real life took it's toll on him, I don't care about capturing that in the figure. But even so the toy doesn't look like a pop singer.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    *sigh* I'm going to have to get that Jabba. Also really like how Chewie, Luke and Vader turned out and the Scout/Speeder bike looks awesome!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'm more worried that the SDCC exclusive will be Jabba and the only version of Oola they will ever make. Besides a few others, Jabba and Oola figures are the only Star Wars toys I buy anymore, and don't plan to go to SDCC this year. I can live with a retail Jabba without a throne or Crumb, but I must have that twi'lek if she might be part of that pack.

Just got my Bespin Luke and Stormtroopers. Luke has that "sad face" and is the worst head in the line. Recent pics made it look like he didn't have the sad face, but he does, and it is awful. Stormtrooper is a great figure, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I'm more worried that the SDCC exclusive will be Jabba and the only version of Oola they will ever make. Besides a few others, Jabba and Oola figures are the only Star Wars toys I buy anymore, and don't plan to go to SDCC this year. I can live with a retail Jabba without a throne or Crumb, but I must have that twi'lek if she might be part of that pack.
    Who CAN go to SDCC? Only people who got a ticket last year?

Just got my Bespin Luke and Stormtroopers. Luke has that "sad face" and is the worst head in the line. Recent pics made it look like he didn't have the sad face, but he does, and it is awful. Stormtrooper is a great figure, on the other hand.
    That's too bad, I was thinking they'd fixed this one. I guess maybe I can swap out his X-Wing head even though it's the wrong haircut.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's too bad, I was thinking they'd fixed this one. I guess maybe I can swap out his X-Wing head even though it's the wrong haircut.
    It doesn't look right, either.

His Bespin head also looks "old." If the eyes were corrected, it would help the figure immensely. I feel very disappointed that I paid for this figure. The body and hair sculpt are great, and it's not the worst figure ever by any means, and I'll live with the figure, though it's definitely a step down for the line.

Yeah, mine arrived yesterday. I am very impressed with the Stormtrooper, but no so much with Bespin Luke. Obi-Wan is OK, but still not great.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

so THAT'S where all the dang storm troopers went! LOL. I haven't seen one at a store yet Thanks alot RockinHard
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Leia really looks out of place in that space-tart outfit. She needs to be in her ANH outfit.

Rumors going around that a Taun Taun is coming. Same goes for the SDCC exclusive being Jabba with throne and Salacious Crumb.

Anyway, for the **** of it, my favorites so far in this line are

9) Bespin Luke
    8) X-Wing Luke
    7) Slave Leia
    6) Han Solo
    5) R2-D2
    4) Stormtrooper
    3) Greedo
    2) Boba Fett
    1) Sandtrooper
    Seems to be what I'm hearing too. If I remember from some sources correctly, Crumb was teased with a "see you at SDCC" blurb at the end of a presentation.

I got my hands on an Obi-Wan Kenobi (these are a friend's figures, not mine) and got a chance to review him last night. Here's the link: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/03/...an-kenobi.html

Easily my least favorite figure in the line so far. And I love Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Just poor execution here.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Anyone finding the new wave with he bespin Luke and stormtrooper in stores anywhere yet? Wave one still cluttering pegs here