Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I don't know, as nice as these are, I'm thinking a Spaceballs line with basic articulation would have been more fun, heh.
    Knock on my door! KNOCK next time!!!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

LOL. I'm trying to track down one of those jungle safari figures, with the brown shirt and shorts. I always run into them at the store, but I can't remember which store. I think I can whip up a decent helmet with the 2 eye sockets using my new technique.

SW is what got me back into SW.
    I love Han. He's my favorite of the line.
    Yes...Leai is a dud.
    I, knock on wood, haven't had any problems finding these guys.
    I did have to pick up 2 online (here actually) but did get them at fair prices. Leave it to me to find a Bobba in store 3 days later.
    I can understand S. Crumb as a disappointment though. Especially since he's so little he wouldn't make any impact on how small of space I am facing.

Slightly off-topic, but it seems odd to start another thread about it...

I got my Disney Store 13.5'' Stormtrooper today. I LOVE this guy. Seriously. He's HUGE. I love seeing him cast in nice, hard ABS plastic. It just looks perfect for the Stormtrooper. Everything is nice and crisp, and he just feels good in hand. I'm actually amazed how much articulation he has. It's too bad his ankles didn't have a bit more because it's hard to keep him standing in some of the poses, but it's not bad. The sound chip is superb. One of the clearest, nicest sound chips I've ever heard. The dialogue is really crisp. It's amazing how much dialogue he spouts. And the weapons sounds are fun. There are three of them he cycles through. I hope the rest are up to this quality.

st3.jpg
    st4.jpg
    st4.jpg
    st2.jpg
    st1.jpg
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    That's what's so irritating-- what collector wants Jabba without Crumb and the Hooka? I'd venture to guess not a single one???
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I either want him done right or not at all honestly. I don't want him sitting on the shelf knowing I'll never have him complete.
    Yeah, Jabba is an easy pass for me. And that's saying something for me - Jabba's palace is my favorite set piece in the movies, and I have the vintage version proudly displayed on my Star Wars shelf. But I don't have any interest in just owning a loose Jabba, and I'm not paying scalper prices for a pack-in and part of the vintage playset.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Yeah, Jabba is an easy pass for me. And that's saying something for me - Jabba's palace is my favorite set piece in the movies, and I have the vintage version proudly displayed on my Star Wars shelf. But I don't have any interest in just owning a loose Jabba, and I'm not paying scalper prices for a pack-in and part of the vintage playset.
    Mine too! When this started I said Im only going to do ROTJ figures as that is my favorite. But now I can't get a SDCC Boba Fett with Han for under $200 and Jabba will probably be worse. Just makes me a little sad that after 30 years of collecting Star Wars everything they come out with these amazing figures then make them next to impossible to collect without breaking the bank or having to buy them all just to get the few you want.

Kind of surprised that so many people agree with me about Jabba.

Hasbro has a golden egg here but is doing everything possible to ruin the line.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Kind of surprised that so many people agree with me about Jabba.

Hasbro has a golden egg here but is doing everything possible to ruin the line.

They are REALLY misreading the market if they think this line will survive stupid business decisions like this. With the exceptions of a few figures, this has shelf/peg warmed all over my area (long island). I am going to try to get a sdcc jabba at the normal price, but if not, I'm going to pass on jabba completely. They might as well make Vader with his lightsaber the SDCC and then release a normal one without a weapon.

SO SO dumb….

And with the batman 66 line from figures toy company currently on the top of my "TO COLLECT" list, this kind of stuff makes it easier to buy everything they plan on releasing….

The line seems to sell-through well in my area, with only a few figures being real shelf-warmers:

Extreme peg warmers:
    Slave Leia
    Greedo

Slight peg warmer:
    Han Solo (exacerbated by the fact they re-released him, though)

Everyone else seems to sell well here, at least. Occasionally you'll see some X-Wing Luke's or a Maul that will stick around a bit longer, but they do sell through.

Again, though, I definitely agree the Jabba thing is just dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Can the disney stormtrooper hold the blaster with the muzzle cradled in the other hand, movie style?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Can the disney stormtrooper hold the blaster with the muzzle cradled in the other hand, movie style?
    No, somewhat annoyingly. The right arm moves at the shoulder and has an elbow swivel from right to left. The left arm without the gun just has a typical shoulder and elbow joint. If the shoulder had the swivel he could do it! The hand even seems to be molded to make this pose work, but the swivel isn't there.

Heroic Warrior
    Shame then, cause that's one of those poses witn the stormtrooper, isnt it? Its a nice figure all things considered, but as for the rest, meh. The lume scukpt for eg, i dont like it at all. Having said that, if i had kids id definitely get them some of these.

I got my Jedi Robe from Ebay for my Star Wars figures. So great. It really completes Obi-Wan. I have the chocolate brown one on the way for Anakin and a black one that MIGHT work for Jedi Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I got my Jedi Robe from Ebay for my Star Wars figures. So great. It really completes Obi-Wan. I have the chocolate brown one on the way for Anakin and a black one that MIGHT work for Jedi Luke.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5240/...43b9b60f_z.jpg
    Oh wow, that looks GREAT! I might have to look into those IF I ever open my figures. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Oh wow, that looks GREAT! I might have to look into those IF I ever open my figures. lol.
    Yeah, I have to say I thought Obi-Wan was kind of a blah figure, but the robe really makes him look more exciting in my eyes.

I think he looks more like Ryan Gosling than Ewan Mcgregor.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree with the robe comments...MUCH better look. I personally can't stand plastic garments like with what they did with Maul, but I know cost also always plays a factor which is why we some times get what we get.

Love the soft goods items.

6" Star Wars Black 2014 Series 3 (Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jedi Luke, and Sandtrooper) as well as Deluxe Series 1 Speeder Bike and Jabba the Hutt are up for pre-order.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post

I still haven't opened Darth Maul. I was ready to, but I'm not sure where he is at the moment...

Not sure if anyone here is aware of it, but rumors have been going around that C3P0, Han in Stormtrooper Disguise, and Boskk are going to be unveiled.

I had written off SW Black, but since I'm coming into some money I've worked hard for this summer, and because I'm irritated that wanted SDCC items aren't available to the everyone not attending SDCC at the same price, I'm going to keep going.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    C-3PO's a definite. After him, I just need Lando, Tarkin, Ep. IV Obi-Wan, and a different costume Leia, and I'm pretty much good.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Blasphemous! I love all the bad guys!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I just want the main characters from the vintage trilogy. (Though I did pick up Maul.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Not sure if anyone here is aware of it, but rumors have been going around that C3P0, Han in Stormtrooper Disguise, and Boskk are going to be unveiled.
    Huh. C3PO is cool, but the other two are very disappointing. Jeesh, that makes two RotJ Leia's and nothing from ANH? If they're going to be so stinking in love with RotJ where's my Emperor and General Lando?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Huh. C3PO is cool, but the other two are very disappointing. Jeesh, that makes two RotJ Leia's and nothing from ANH? If they're going to be so stinking in love with RotJ where's my Emperor and General Lando?
    I think you read something wrong. Han in Stormtrooper disguise is from ANH and Bossk is from ESB.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage