Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Black Series

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    After finally playing with these, I must say I am thrilled with them! All four figures in Series 1 are pretty spectacular. I don't really get the hate for the Luke figure I've seen. I think he looks great! R2 was the one I was worried about, but even he turned out great with all of his little accessories and attachments. I love the posability of these guys. They are so much fun to play with!

This is my current favorite figure line, I think. Definitely the most exciting thing to come along for me since MOTUC started. I'm all-in, and can't wait for more!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    After finally playing with these, I must say I am thrilled with them! All four figures in Series 1 are pretty spectacular. I don't really get the hate for the Luke figure I've seen. I think he looks great! R2 was the one I was worried about, but even he turned out great with all of his little accessories and attachments. I love the posability of these guys. They are so much fun to play with!

This is my current favorite figure line, I think. Definitely the most exciting thing to come along for me since MOTUC started. I'm all-in, and can't wait for more!
    I haven't seen them in person yet... But R2 looks really out of scale in pics I have seen. What are your thoughts on him Dan? Does he look to be the right size or too small?

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    I haven't seen them in person yet... But R2 looks really out of scale in pics I have seen. What are your thoughts on him Dan? Does he look to be the right size or too small?

Sallah
    Yeah, I think he is a tad shorter than he should be. He stands up to Luke's waist, and I think going by pics from the film that he should be just a little taller than that.

Luke is also a bit shorter than Darth Maul, and I know Maul is a shorter guy (well, at least Ray Park is) so I think the scaling may be a tad off with these figures. Not enough to be a deal breaker for me, but definitely worth noting.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Yeah, they are pretty awesome. I still haven't opened mine, but even as a first time Star Wars collector, I am in awe.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I haven't collected Star Wars since I was a kid, but these have me hooked. I went to several stores today and only found one Luke and one Sandtrooper. A very nice guy is looking at his Targets tomorrow to see if he can find me the other two.

Have these been seen at Walmarts yet?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I haven't collected Star Wars since I was a kid, but these have me hooked. I went to several stores today and only found one Luke and one Sandtrooper. A very nice guy is looking at his Targets tomorrow to see if he can find me the other two.

I bought mine online from BBTS, but I also saw them in store at Toys R Us.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    No Target and TRU are the only retail stores to get them so far
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It looks like one of my Wal-Marts may be making way for the eventual arrival of the Black Series stuff, as there's a big empty section where the Star Wars figures used to be.

EDIT:
    Here's my Luke review! I'll have reviews of the others from Wave 1 shortly.

Last edited by Pixel Dan; August 8, 2013 at 12:51pm.

I envy anyone who didn't already collect Star Wars but is going to start with this line. But I've invested way too much in the line from 1995 on up to start over. If I could even get back what I paid for it all I'd dump it in a heartbeat and start collecting this line.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

CURSE YOU HASBRO!!

I really didn't think i would get these but after seeing them on shelf , at Target, I got Luke & R2-D2...i left the Sand Trooper and there was no Darth Maul.

This is the Star Wars line I'll collect for sure! I may, for the first time, be a completest with this line!

The sculpt is fantastic!! I have not taken them out...but i might just keep them MOC.

Target was in the process of stocking up the toy isles...they asked if they could get me anymore but at $20.00 each 2 was enough...though i almost asked for Darth Maul, another time.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

These turned out pretty great, but I've only opened Darth Maul. I'll save R2 for when C-3PO comes out, and I'm more interested in Bespin Luke than X-Wing pilot. The Sand Trooper looks nice but I don't need to open him either. I love how compact the packaging is! Very special IMO.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I just saw these in the stores for the first time at a K-Mart. I was reeeeeaaaaaalllyyy tempted. But I passed. $20 is too much for me given how many figures I would want. I was especially turned off by the $20 price tag when I saw R2-D2. With both MOTUC and DCUC there are maybe 50-70 characters in each property I want. With Star Wars, I can hardly narrow it down to 50 figures per movie.

But I do like the impact this 6" line may have on the 3 3/4" line. It appears that Hasbro is gearing more towards less articulation for the smaller scale figures. I actually prefer less articulation as it feels more nostalgic. Ironically, my Star Wars collecting slowed down right at about the point that figures became super articulated. So if I pick up collecting the 3 3/4" figures now then they will more closely match my 2005 and earlier figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

If I didn't already have a big Star Wars and MOTU collection, I'd probably go all out for these. I still may get a few, but I don't really have the room.

I found the other two today. Maybe tonight I'll get to open them.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

You like this line better than MOTUC?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The things with these is, we've seen the same characters for years but now they're just bigger, so they're not that different to what we've collected before.

I am excited for them being a massive SW fan, but not overly so, so I'll wait a bit before getting mine.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

More reviews!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You like this line better than MOTUC?
    It'd be hard for me to ever like anything more than MOTU, becuase MOTU will always be my first love. But I have a lot of love for Star Wars as well. Star Wars is the first toy line I ever collected. It got me in to toy collecting. And these are the Star Wars figures I've always dreamed of, being a big fan of the 6" scale. So right now, these are just incredibly exciting to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    The things with these is, we've seen the same characters for years but now they're just bigger, so they're not that different to what we've collected before.
    I don't know, I have to respectfully disagree with that. For me, these feel completely different than the smaller figures. These new 6" scale figures have better sculpts, better paint deco, and Marvel Legends style articulation. That's amazing to me, and something I've always wanted to see!

Would you say that MOTUC is just pretty much the same figures at the 200x or vintage MOTU lines? I look at this the same way.

I got my case in last night plus an extra Maul so I could display him both ways. I think these are probably the best figures I've ever owned but I do have a few nit picks:

• Maul's lightsaber hilt is a little on the flimsy side. I know it needs to be a little flexible but it's very rubbery.
    • Luke has a blaster but no holster. His lightsaber hilt can be attached to his belt so I had hoped his blaster would too.
    • Maul and Luke should be about the same height. Yes Luke is a little shorter than the Sandtrooper but Maul should be just a hair taller than Luke. Mark Hamill is 5'7" and I've stood shoulder to shoulder with Ray Park and he is about the same height as me, 5'8".

The paint apps are great on mine other than a small scratch to one of the blue removable panels on R2's dome. To be honest though it may have come from my fingernail when I was trying to remove it. Overall these figures are awesome and are a welcome addition to my shelves. I pretty much quit with the 3.75" line after episode 3 due to I couldn't keep up with the amount of product being released and I was really put off by some of the quality control issues. I have always preferred the 6" size figures so to have them finally available in Star Wars is a dream come true to me. I only wish I had ordered a 2nd Sandtrooper to have as an army builder. These are smaller than the MOTUC figures but to me they are far superior as each has a unique sculpt and scale.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

I don't know, I have to respectfully disagree with that. For me, these feel completely different than the smaller figures. These new 6" scale figures have better sculpts, better paint deco, and Marvel Legends style articulation. That's amazing to me, and something I've always wanted to see!

Would you say that MOTUC is just pretty much the same figures at the 200x or vintage MOTU lines? I look at this the same way.
    I know, I guess what I'm trying to say is, its the same designs, the same characters just bigger. I collect Hot Toys SW as well and at the end of the day its pretty much the same characters just larger with more detail - the style and look of the character doesn't really change.

With MOTUC and 200X the style, direction, articulation and sculpts are different.

If Mattel released the current MOTUC line (style included) in the 3 3/4 scale, I'd probably look at it the same way.

I'm still pumped for this line though, definitely in, but I've got a few other things to get first.
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; August 9, 2013 at 11:27am.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

R2's legs seem skinny (from the front) in relation to his body size. Still a lot better figure than that POC I got at TJ Maxx
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I found all 4 at my Target today but just picked up R2D2......the guy that checked me out was more excited than me. He said he didn't know they were out yet and that they were the reason he started working at Target....access and discount so glad I got the one I really wanted first...lol. Anyway I'm very impressed. Almost like these better than MOTUC myself......

They have swappable heads... I really wish the included a random pilots head with Luke.

Also... am I the only one who just wants a 6inch Gamorrean guard?
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post

Nope...I want one and a ROTJ Luke.....and a Massive Granamyr sized Rancor!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Nope...I want one and a ROTJ Luke.....and a Massive Granamyr sized Rancor!
    YES!
    I mostly want a super articulated chubby green pig man though.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    You certainly are not sir! I'm hoping we can eventually get a Black Series Jabba also. If Mattel can do Granamyr then Hasbro can do The Hutt.
    View my collection and customs HERE!