Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The color Orange in MOTU(C)

Heroic Warrior

The color Orange in MOTU(C)

When looking over my collection of MOTUC the other day, it dawned on me that there is a lot of orange. Spikorís mace, Fakerís sword and armor, Stinkorís armor, Man at Arms armor, Tri-Klops wrist armor, Whiplash spear, Jitsuís sword, Webstorís gun, Man e Faceís gun, and Iím sure there are more.
    So I got to thinkingÖ there must be a very strong metal or oar on Eternia that has an orange color that is good for making armor and weapons. Maybe sort of like Marvelís adamantium. Thoughts?

Yep, I always just assumed it was Photanium in its worked form.
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Heroic Warrior
    More purple than orange.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    More purple than orange.
    Hmm...I can't off hand think of any purple weapons other than Skelly's.

Lots of orange and green or yellow and green combos early on as well. Those were also my elementary school's colors, so I took notice as a kid.

MAA
    Wind Raider
    Battle Cat
    Mer-Man
    Tri-Klops
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Well there's Fisto's sword, but other than that there isn't much.

Anyway: Interesting topic! I actually was thinking previously of the blue He-Man axe and shield and working the blue metal as some sort of special metal...but the orange makes sense too! Much more so, even. In fact I think that's a fantastic case for my usual "ancient technological past" story that I love so much from the old minicomics. Could be a special magically/technologically manifested metal used by the ancient civilization that people scavenge. I'm assuming MAA probably found a way to reproduce it, though perhaps not perfectly.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I had a thread similar to this before. I also thought the use of Orange was interesting. Here is a link to that discussion which soon just went silly.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Just off the top of my head: Skeletor, Mosquitor, Squeeeze, Tongue Lasher (snake staff), Fisto, Rokkon, Draego Man (MOTUC), and Multi-Bot, have purple weapons. Night Stalker also has purple guns mounted on it's sides. A few characters from New Adventures also had purple weapons.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 29, 2013 at 03:13pm.

There's a lot of purple armor, weapons and things in MOTU & MOTUC.

Skeletor's Armor, belt, havoc staff & sword, Fisto's Sword and parts of his armor & belt, Draego Man's sword, armor & shield. BA Skeletor's "magic" armor, DB Skeletor's armor. Webstor's armor, Faceless Ones' armor, Granamyr's helmet

But if you count just the color, you also have Faker's boots & briefs as well. Scareglow, BGEL, Panthor, Keldor, Spector, Spikor. And all the purple boots.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    The reason there's so much orange is because orange is the best color ever!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Not to mention all the blue In MOTUC. But all colors are represented decently, even though the predominate colors are Orange, Blue & Purple.

And all you have to do is look at Faker to see it all works together.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Except for green!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Lots of orange and green or yellow and green combos early on as well. Those were also my elementary school's colors, so I took notice as a kid.

MAA
    Wind Raider
    Battle Cat
    Mer-Man
    Tri-Klops
    Ok so I've always saw Battle Cat/Cringer as green and yellow while others I've heard say orange and green. Is the color yellow or orange?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yeah, exactly for those ones you listed, to me orange and green has always been a pretty signature MotU color combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    More purple than orange.
    I think he was thinking about the color purple in general and not just weapons. For instance, Skeletor, DG Skeletor, BA Skeletor, BG Evil Lyn, Spikor, Faker, Faceless One, Scareglow, Webstor, Keldor, Tallstar, Spectre, Draego Man, Panthor, Screech, Carnivus, Man-E-Faces, Prince Adam, Fisto, Granamyr.

Now, that being said, there is indeed a lot of orange.

Well for a toy line originally aimed at kids the color orange was easier to work with than gold. Imo...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Two Bad also has the orange shield... I also recognised that orange is oftem used as weapons color. Maybe it's more appealing to children?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Two Bad also has the orange shield... I also recognised that orange is oftem used as weapons color. Maybe it's more appealing to children?
    Roger Sweet stated in his book that, back in the day, the color choices were based on studies Mattel had showing that children, specifically boys, were attracted to contrasting colors. I guess mind games were fair play. Works great though. Loved the colors then and now. Bright and exciting!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, I was meaning more in general in terms of use in characters rather than weapons alone.

Skeletor, Panthor, Keldor, Spikor, Faker, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Fisto, Prince Adam, Scare Glow, Mosquitor (purple gun), Mighty Spector, Draego-Man (purple hilt on sword), Tallstar, Faceless One, and BG Evil Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Ok so I've always saw Battle Cat/Cringer as green and yellow while others I've heard say orange and green. Is the color yellow or orange?
    Hmm, well my vintage one is more yellow, but slightly orange. MOTUC BC is more orange.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

When looking over my collection of MOTUC the other day, it dawned on me that there is a lot of orange. Spikor’s mace, Faker’s sword and armor, Stinkor’s armor, Man at Arms armor, Tri-Klops wrist armor, Whiplash spear, Jitsu’s sword, Webstor’s gun, Man e Face’s gun, and I’m sure there are more.
    So I got to thinking… there must be a very strong metal or oar on Eternia that has an orange color that is good for making armor and weapons. Maybe sort of like Marvel’s adamantium. Thoughts?
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the creative minds behind MOTU/MOTUC have always been, and forever will be die-hard BRONCOS Fans!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    'Nuff said!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Well. I think they just use a black basic metal and just paint their weapons. That way they can really show off that battle damage.

I remember hearing once that orange is known to be a favorite color among children because it evokes a feeling of warmth. I remember loving orange when I was a kid but I always thought it was because of my love for the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard. I didn't like that dark wash on my MOTUC Faker so I used rubbing alcohol to rub off some of the dark wash so I could see more of the bright orange.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Snappy Threader
    It's just because Spector is Purple and Snout Spout is Orange. Coolness times 2!