Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The color Orange in MOTU(C)

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I want even more orange. It's an excellent color.

Gimme cardback colors Ram-Man. Get some use outta that bomb figure sculpt!@!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I want even more orange. It's an excellent color.

Gimme cardback colors Ram-Man. Get some use outta that bomb figure sculpt!@!
    Good eye! Original card back Roboto and Ram Man both had orange!!

But yea, I was more referring to just weapons and armor on Eternia based characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RATKING View Post
    Roger Sweet stated in his book that, back in the day, the color choices were based on studies Mattel had showing that children, specifically boys, were attracted to contrasting colors.
    And here I thought all that purple and orange was because studies showed kids loved the WLAF's Frankfurt Galaxy.

Maybe there's something to that color choice after all, though. As a kid, I hated orange (still do), but purple was my favorite color (still is), so I'd have been hooked by at least one of those 'odd' colors. Even more interesting is the representation of those colors, and contrasting colors in general, even in the 30th Anniversary figures. Say what you want about other aspects of their design, but color-wise, the six new figures from last year are pretty consistent with the vintage line's eye-catching color choices.