Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Hybrid View

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I know it’s way too early, but since April is not that far away, let me have the honour of starting things up !!

Alright, My guess is Filmation Hordak !

I want him exactly like how he was in Emilliano's MOTUC Vision Art. Love to see the expensive version along with IMP.

I will buy 4-5 for sure !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Since figure spots are likely to be more limited in 2014 and going forward, I would like to see them use the tooling budget for characters that might have previously been saved for the regular line to get them out faster. It would be nice to see Modulok, a Saurod/Blade 2-pack, or maybe 200X King Hiss/Snake Armor He-man 2-pack.

I gambling on one of the following...
    Madame Razz and Broom.
    Movie 3 pack - Blade, Saurod, Gwildor
    Mini characters pack - Kowl, Imp, Lookee
    Modulok/Multibot megapack.

I'm starting to think it's Modulok now... (based on my own guess and no prior information) I just don't think Madame Razz has wide enough appeal I doubt we will get her in classics now
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Looking at past exclusives, Orko w/ Adam, Marlena w/ Cringer and all the Capt Glenn parts, I think it stands a chance of being Kowl w/ Madam Razz after all broom is little more then an accessory anyway

It'll be Oo-lar with an alternate head to make him that other concept He-man that people were asking for...

I'm feeling that it will be Madame Razz with some extras as well....Broom, Kowl, possibly Loo-Kee along for the ride....

I don't think it's any of the above. However, I think it'll be something vintage MOTU.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A Blue Hordak with Imp shouldn't be too expensive to make. I also wonder whether a pack of mini figures (Kowl, Lookee, Madame Razz and Broom) would be feasible...

Among other cool (but more expensive and quite unrealistic) ideas for SDCC, I'd love the following:
    - Rock People 3 pack (Granita/ Rokkon/ Stonedar)
    - Brightmoon 3 pack (Glimmer/Angella/Micah)
    - Eldor and a pre-transformation Sharella
    - Mara and Sebrian
    - Darius and Hydron
    - Flogg and Crita

These would provide fans with some requested characters, which might not make it to the MOTUC line otherwise...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I gambling on one of the following...
    Madame Razz and Broom.
    Movie 3 pack - Blade, Saurod, Gwildor
    Mini characters pack - Kowl, Imp, Lookee
    Modulok/Multibot megapack.
    My hope would be any of these. Razz would require almost all new tooling, so that puts her most likely as a beast slot like Rammy, or maybe an SDCC exclusive if they splurge for the tooling. Same goes for most of the other suggestions here. The most likely, though (if any of these make the cut), seems to be the movie three pack. Only Gwildor would need all new parts, as I think a lot of existing pieces could be Frankensteined for Blade and Saurod. That makes this set a lot like Orko and Adam, where they could justify the all new tooling on Orko with the major re-use of existing parts on Adam.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Madam Razz, Broom, and Loo-Kee, please!!!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Maybe we should wait after NYTF 2013 to start the SDCC Speculation...

This being said, I'd like to see Madame Razz and Broom or Filmation Hordak and Imp.

Heroic Warrior
    Madame Razz and Broom, or Mermista, packed out like Marlena - able to display with tail or without, presumably the SDCC version would be packaged with the tail attached the Matty version would have the walking Mermista - but both would have identical items to build both.

i guessed modulok last year and was wrong so im not going to go for that one again ...

i honestly think it will either be a concept character or a non-vintage line MOTU character ... mattel know that they need to keep the remaining main vintage guys (two-bad, modulok, rio-blast etc etc) to try and sell a bulk of the subscriptions (at least in my view anyway) ...

im going for eldor ... true he has vintage connections, but like he-ro still remains essentially a concept/prototype ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Come on movie 3 pack. I know that everyone thinks Scott will shy away but it's the only way to do all three at once and I think Scott would be down for that.

I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing. . And I hope that happens.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing. . And I hope that happens.
    The Rock People would be so cool! Hope it's a three pack!!!

Still wish it was Madame Razz.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing.
    More than one exclusive would be great. And Rock Warriors WITH Granita would be awesome!

I could actually see any or a combo of some of these:

-Filmation Hordak repaint packed with Imp and a few Imp transformations

-Razz and Broom

-Spirit, Kowl, and Loo-Kee set

-Two-Badd, Tuvar, Baddrah set

-A Light Hope diorama
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm guessing Modulok, a Filmation character, or both.

I'd like to see a Filmation Hordak/Imp pack with various transformations, even if they're bound to make one a SDCC exclusive.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Me too, but I need to see how the Horsemen do them before I buy them. I just don't want any cheap chunky snap on parts ala Vykron that make them look bad.

I really think it's gonna be Battle Armor ToyGuru with a giant axe that he uses to killen teh lien.

I would be ecstatic with the Rock Warriors three pack & Filmation Hordak & Imp or Madame Razz/Broom & Loo-Kee.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I would be ecstatic with the Rock Warriors three pack & Filmation Hordak & Imp or Madame Razz/Broom & Loo-Kee.
    Any of these three option would be great! I just hope we won't get another obscure He-Man concept guy.

I have mixed feelings towards a "He-ro son of He-Man" 2 pack with Dare versus Skeleteen. While I believe that it would be a cool addition to the line, I think Mattel has to take every opportunity to give us highly requested characters from now on. I wouldn't mind such a pack only if other requested characters were released in the mean time (Rock People, Madame Razz... whatever).