Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I know itís way too early, but since April is not that far away, let me have the honour of starting things up !!

Alright, My guess is Filmation Hordak !

I want him exactly like how he was in Emilliano's MOTUC Vision Art. Love to see the expensive version along with IMP.

I will buy 4-5 for sure !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Since figure spots are likely to be more limited in 2014 and going forward, I would like to see them use the tooling budget for characters that might have previously been saved for the regular line to get them out faster. It would be nice to see Modulok, a Saurod/Blade 2-pack, or maybe 200X King Hiss/Snake Armor He-man 2-pack.

Madam Razz, Broom, and Loo-Kee, please!!!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Maybe we should wait after NYTF 2013 to start the SDCC Speculation...

This being said, I'd like to see Madame Razz and Broom or Filmation Hordak and Imp.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I gambling on one of the following...
    Madame Razz and Broom.
    Movie 3 pack - Blade, Saurod, Gwildor
    Mini characters pack - Kowl, Imp, Lookee
    Modulok/Multibot megapack.

I'm starting to think it's Modulok now... (based on my own guess and no prior information) I just don't think Madame Razz has wide enough appeal I doubt we will get her in classics now
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Looking at past exclusives, Orko w/ Adam, Marlena w/ Cringer and all the Capt Glenn parts, I think it stands a chance of being Kowl w/ Madam Razz after all broom is little more then an accessory anyway

It'll be Oo-lar with an alternate head to make him that other concept He-man that people were asking for...

I'm feeling that it will be Madame Razz with some extras as well....Broom, Kowl, possibly Loo-Kee along for the ride....

I don't think it's any of the above. However, I think it'll be something vintage MOTU.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I don't think it's any of the above. However, I think it'll be something vintage MOTU.
    I hope your wrong. Modulok is the only character I'm interested in from vintage MOTU, that would work as the exclusive (apart from Two-Bad, but making him the SDCC exclusive would be a bad idea when he can be used to sell subs) If he is the SDCC exclusive we can say 2014 won't go forward.
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 29, 2013 at 03:53pm.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A Blue Hordak with Imp shouldn't be too expensive to make. I also wonder whether a pack of mini figures (Kowl, Lookee, Madame Razz and Broom) would be feasible...

Among other cool (but more expensive and quite unrealistic) ideas for SDCC, I'd love the following:
    - Rock People 3 pack (Granita/ Rokkon/ Stonedar)
    - Brightmoon 3 pack (Glimmer/Angella/Micah)
    - Eldor and a pre-transformation Sharella
    - Mara and Sebrian
    - Darius and Hydron
    - Flogg and Crita

These would provide fans with some requested characters, which might not make it to the MOTUC line otherwise...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'm going to wait until after Toyfair, before making guesses, so i can eliminate a few.

However, since in 2013 and 2014 every slot will count to get as many characters out as possible, I really don't want to see any variants like Filmation Hordak. I already have two Hordaks. I'd rather have some unique characters.

I'll post in here again after TF.

Lodar and Goat-Man 2-pack FTW!

I am guessing a Son of He-Man character. A Dare/He-Ro 2-pack would be cool. Or Dare vs. Skeletor's son. .

This thread comes earlier and earlier each year... I want a Stridor / Nightstalker 2 pack
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I hope that the SDCC 2013 figure is better than Vykron - and this is coming from someone who bought 3 Vykrons.

Some popular choices here seem to be Modulok or Madame Razz. I would be thrilled with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am guessing a Son of He-Man character. A Dare/He-Ro 2-pack would be cool. Or Dare vs. Skeletor's son. .
    That actually would be really, really cool.

I could see Eldor being a cool exclusive.

The same with a Filmation characters slot- Imp, Kowl, and Lookee. Perhaps even adding Madame Razz in there. Just no exclusive figure or anything. That would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Any more expansive character like Modulok or Mantenna that requires much new tooling and would be a weird size.

I'm actually very ok with Oolar. The guy needs to get released at sometime. He's a He-Man figure so he'd probably do really well at SDCD as opposed to someone less people know about.

You know, its kind of funny because usually companies pitch the really hardcore fan characters that the general public isn't familiar with at SDCC but with MOTUC it kind of should be the reverse. The hardcore fans are the only ones buying the line while more casual fans are more likely to grab an SDCC exclusive.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'm feeling that it will be Madame Razz with some extras as well....Broom, Kowl, possibly Loo-Kee along for the ride....
    My thoughts exactly, and except for Razz, the other figures are going to be gashapon like
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    It'll be Oo-lar with an alternate head to make him that other concept He-man that people were asking for...
    You mean the Tony Guerrero prototype ?

Nothing would make me more happy than a standard He-man buck with a whole set of different heads, weapons and different types of armour to make him into Oolarr, long haired Alcala He-Man, vintage toy He-Man, etc.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I want Madame Razz with Broom and Loo-Kee be included also would be great.

Way too early for this thread since NYTF reveals haven't even been shown yet, but if we don't get Madame Razz there, then I want her at SDCC.

EDIT: Changed my avatar to help her cause.

Madame Razz, Broom, and Looked would be great. Getting Imp in there somehow would be even better.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

My guess is Filmation He-Man and Skeletor as a celebration of the cartoon's 30th annyversary...