Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Frankly, I don't care who it is as long as it's a fan demanded character. We need to get to as many of these guys as possible.
    Exactly, I don't need another Vykron issue. Not something I particularly wanted and there are so many other figures from all areas of the canon that I would have preferred. Not to mention, I don't think these were done properly, they should have just gave us 3 unique figures, instead of one figure and 3 outfits.

I'm hoping it's Madame Razz and Broom, with a packed in Kowl. SDCC can be the Filmation color, since Comic Con usual gets the more popular option, and the vintage toy colors on Matty after the con.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    This is what I wanted last year (would've been perfect for the anniversary...) and am still waiting for.
    "Deluxe" He-Man with swappable hinge-joint hands, heads and gear for many different looks.
    Heck, even throw in a Filmation style head, sword and harness.
    Indeed, they missed a golden opportunity last year.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

After King Grayskull, He-ro, Orko/Adam, and Marlena/Cringer I am hoping they follow that same line with this year's SDCC exclusive. Vykron was disappointing and wasted a valuable spot that could have gone towards a more fan-demanded character. Although I'm sure they would have done things differently if they knew how far the subscriptions sales were going to drop for 2013.

I thought strobo was the convention exclusive? Is there a separate sdcc exclusive?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Vykron was disappointing and wasted a valuable spot that could have gone towards a more fan-demanded character.
    The idea of MOTUC figures based on the Roger Sweet prototypes was a great one, and in demand by a lot of fans.

What wasn't fan demanded was the poor execution across the board that was "Vykron".

The idea of MOTUC figures based on the Roger Sweet prototypes was a great one, and in demand by a lot of fans.
    Were there really a lot of fans asking for them to be made as figures? Maybe I missed that because I remember the reaction being that of disappointment, and not just because of the execution of the figure.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Eldor should have been out by now. he is over due for a figure in the line. besides we need a POG figure this year.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Eldor should have been out by now. he is over due for a figure in the line. besides we need a POG figure this year.
    He would make a good exclusive. He does need to be made. I want the magic book the vintage guy was supposed to come with as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'm hoping it's Madame Razz and Broom, with a packed in Kowl. SDCC can be the Filmation color, since Comic Con usual gets the more popular option, and the vintage toy colors on Matty after the con.
    I think if they did that, Matty would have a lot of leftover sets. As a Filmation fan I'd pass on the Matty version for sure
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

What about Queen Teela, or Teela as the Sorceress with a removable head dress? or extra Teela head?
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Filmation Hordak!

i have no interest in madame razz.
    a passing interest in rock people

modulok would be pretty cool
    i was not excited for vykron but got him on black friday and i ended up really liking the figure.
    and since the line is hanging by a thread id buy anything except for madame razz

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    And don't forget that the exclusive should have an alternate way to be displayed to be sold on Matty after the Con or the possibility of selling multiples.

What a about a Two-Bad set with pieces to make Tuvar and Baddrah "a la Vykron"... it has the multiples set selling point and they can also sell the Two-Bad packaging on SDCC and after that sell the Tuvar packaging and the Baddrah packaging on Matty...
    I'd guess not Two-bad either. That's too valuable to Mattel to waste on anything other than selling subscriptions.

The main audience for the SDCC figure is crazed collectors who buy anything moderately popular just because it is an exclusive. So Mattel has to strike that balance of "not too important a character" and "obviously from the He-man brand" to draw those people in. I say "He-man" brand rather than MOTU cuz to the average Joe they will remember He-man over MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I love seeing the love for Madame Razz and Broom. Alas, I don't see Scott making her the SDCC Exclusive this year

Damn, I was really hoping it would be her and broom. Still hoping.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would love to see any of the following as a SDCC, maybe even more than one in a year:

Rock Warrior 3-pack (this has to include Granita)

Movie Trio (Blade/Gwildor/Saurod)

New Adventures (Darius/Mara/NA Skeletor)

Battle Ram

Bionatops

Slime Pit w/ Slime He-Man

PoG (Eldor/Veena/Gray)

Sagitar

Catra Variant Pak w/ Panther Form

Modulok/Multi-Bot

Stridor/Nightstalker

Masks of Power Demons

PoP (Sweet Bee/Perfuma/Flutterina)

Filmation (Shokoti/Melaktha/Masque)

Castle Grayskull Robot
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 31, 2013 at 02:26am.

I love seeing the love for Madame Razz and Broom. Alas, I don't see Scott making her the SDCC Exclusive this year
    Boo It makes me wonder if they'll ever get to her. She's *such* an important character to the MOTU mythos.

But again, I see Scott using the reaction to the FFM 3-pack as a reason not to make the SDCC exclusive a 3-pack... which isn't necessarily a good reaction... as I think a LOT more people would be willing to buy a 3 pack of the Rock Warriors... why?

1) They are legit characters that appeared in the vintage MOTU line, the mini-comics, AND the Filmation She-Ra Cartoon

2) The 4H could do wonders with the "rock" pieces necessary to give them an action feature

3) This would be a 3-pack OUTSIDE the subscription... and higher ticket items do better for SDCC anyway... Look at the Jem doll that was offered at SDCC last year: $150 and it was GONE before any other exclusive.

I am going to say that it should be the Rock Warriors as a 3pack, but it won't be...

Maybe it will be just Rokkon and Stonedar...

They'd be missing a massive opportunity if they focus only on the male Rock People. Personally, I find them way too similar to be exciting, despite being vintage figures. Without Granita, I just wouldn't be interested...

I agree that a three-pack would be a massive WIN - vintage fans would find the money, Filmation and POP fans would find the money and everyone would be stoked. Three-packs with the right characters - like this selection - would have no problem selling.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I too want Filmation Hordak for SDCC, standard Hordak using, Hurricaine H's Arm cannon. plus pack ins of some of his transformations - the rocket, the 3 handed spinning thing (as seen recently in the PoG comic) plus others - oh and Imp! $45 done
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

For SDCC 2013 i have two Figures in Focus.

1.Madam Razz with Broom (like Emilianos Draf with Flying holder)

2.Filmation Hordak with IMP.

Two Figures i really want as soon as possible.
    Please Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    They'd be missing a massive opportunity if they focus only on the male Rock People. Personally, I find them way too similar to be exciting, despite being vintage figures. Without Granita, I just wouldn't be interested...

I agree that a three-pack would be a massive WIN - vintage fans would find the money, Filmation and POP fans would find the money and everyone would be stoked. Three-packs with the right characters - like this selection - would have no problem selling.
    The Rock Warriors SHOULD have been the 3-pack, instead of the stupid Fighting Foe Men! Subs definately wouldn't have been down then.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I think a SDCC Exclusive Madame Razz would receive the most backlash this line has seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I thought strobo was the convention exclusive? Is there a separate sdcc exclusive?
    Strobo is the travling con exclusive, for all the cons (NYCC Power Con, etc) except SDCC. SDCC gets its own.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a SDCC Exclusive Madame Razz would receive the most backlash this line has seen to date.
    She shouldn't receive any backlash. She's a fan demanded character that's offsize, and out of sub that you don't have to buy. That's exactly what an exclusive figure should be. While I want more slots, to get more demanded figures out, the SDCC exclusive should NOT be someone that's vital to everyone's collection (Mantenna).

Ideally there would be more than one exclusive, something that will appease vintage fans that couldn't come in a general monthly slot (multipack (movie figs) or offsized character like Modulok) and something else like Razz or the mini figures (Kowl, Lookee, Imp)

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    I would like to see to Egypcian Green Sorceress and the King Grayskull's Green Lion as two pack.

They would be perfect to complement my SDCC King Grayskull he,he,he

Regards,

Sergio R.
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd guess Eldor as SDCC exclusive but would love a Slime Pit He-Man.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar

What wasn't fan demanded was the poor execution across the board that was "Vykron".
    I think Madame Razz would get far less backlash than even a well executed Vykron.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    She shouldn't receive any backlash. She's a fan demanded character that's offsize, and out of sub that you don't have to buy. That's exactly what an exclusive figure should be. While I want more slots, to get more demanded figures out, the SDCC exclusive should NOT be someone that's vital to everyone's collection (Mantenna).

Ideally there would be more than one exclusive, something that will appease vintage fans that couldn't come in a general monthly slot (multipack (movie figs) or offsized character like Modulok) and something else like Razz or the mini figures (Kowl, Lookee, Imp)
    I think Lay Ze-Man means that if MR/B were an SDCC item fans would crack it, to say the least, as she shouldn't have been an SDCC exclusive but rather a monthly sub figure instead. Especially if there were to be two variants (i.e. Orko/Prince Adam). Personally i'm not the biggest MR/B fan but i realise the role they play and in all honesty for me to complete my collection, they would be a definite buy.

I really hope Mattel leave no stone unturned at SDCC 2013. The second half of 2013 and in particular early 2014 must contain the most wanted characters if we're to stand a chance of the line going ahead in 2014. Here's hoping!

Oh, nearly forgot... 2013 SDCC speculation. Too early to say, i'll wait till after NYTF!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor