Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Wouldn't mind if it was oo-lar if they included several heads with him( alcala heman head with original vintage toy head). If they done that, then it would round off most variants of he-man that people have asked for.

Just a standard male buck( in the same skin tone as he-man), longer loincloth like KG, barefoot, bare wrists, with wooden spear and boxed with alcala head on. Surrounding it would vintage toy head and filmation head to enable fans to mix and match to create their favourite style of he-man.

Plain and simple.
    No way. After the Vykron nonsense last year no more devolved He-man variants, please!

The SDCC figure should be highly recognizable and visibly impressive, please for the love of Grayskull not more generic barbarian takes in He-man.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I think after Vykron, it'll be someone we all know like Rokkon/Stonedar 2-pack, Modulok/Multi-Bot, Madame Razz/Broom (but I doubt i'll be MR/B - oh no, a POP character as an exclusive - THE HORROR!!!)
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Wouldn't mind if it was oo-lar if they included several heads with him( alcala heman head with original vintage toy head). If they done that, then it would round off most variants of he-man that people have asked for.

Just a standard male buck( in the same skin tone as he-man), longer loincloth like KG, barefoot, bare wrists, with wooden spear and boxed with alcala head on. Surrounding it would vintage toy head and filmation head to enable fans to mix and match to create their favourite style of he-man.

Plain and simple.
    after enough time i warmed to oo lar. though i feel like their bio confirms wun dar as a proper minicomic he man they went and made him oo larr.

so fine give me an oo larr.

i dont need a new head. but ill take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm starting to have the sensation that is going to be Hero - Son of He-man
    i would love this. actually i think the only character i would want more and i do mean out of any availible character, is songster.

but he ro seems certainly more likely. and i will certainly take a growth and movement or evolution of the franchise.

he ro dare would be great

Snappy Threader
    I would love to see a pack containing Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl and Loo-Kee.......that would do two things, it would bring some fan demanded characters, and add 4 POP characters to the bunch rather quickly in one swoop. But I suppose all of that depends on where and how they go with the Filmation sub as far as Razz goes. I'm sure that would cause some chirping from the anti-POP bunch, but Vykron caused a lot of chirping too....

The absolute dead last thing I want is Dare, Son of He-Man, a faction that barely exists when there are so many characters that need attention. At this point in the line I'd call that a wasted slot.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Scott pretty much dismissed Dare on RGD episode 115 that was just posted last night. He was talking about the revised lineup for 2014 and 2015 which is going to focus on the most demanded figures from the vintage lines and Filmation. He said they weren't going to be including more obscure figures such as Dare that expand the line into unexplored areas.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Scott pretty much dismissed Dare on RGD episode 115 that was just posted last night. He was talking about the revised lineup for 2014 and 2015 which is going to focus on the most demanded figures from the vintage lines and Filmation. He said they weren't going to be including more obscure figures such as Dare that expand the line into unexplored areas.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for expanding the Masters' Universe with new figures/ideas and concept characters. However, if this had been their focus in 2012, maybe we wouldn't have been in a sub-crisis after SDCC.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    What so now it's gone from completing both the motu and pop vintage lines to only getting the most demanded from each?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Well that pretty much blows. I prefer expanding the line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    What so now it's gone from completing both the motu and pop vintage lines to only getting the most demanded from each?
    I was paraphrasing Scott, so don't quote me. I said that's what the focus would be and we know Mattel has reshuffled the lineup to try to get there sooner. That doesn't mean we will get them all by the end of 2015, because Scott can't guarantee anything beyond 2013 at this point until they do the subscription sales for 2014. We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Well that pretty much blows. I prefer expanding the line.
    These are my sentiments exactly. Knowing that we will be getting vintage ONLY figures starting in January is kind of a let down to me because there is 0 surprise in it. Technically the missing 200x guys will be skipped also which is junk IMO. I just really hope the movie gets pumped out so we get a venue for new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    These are my sentiments exactly. Knowing that we will be getting vintage ONLY figures starting in January is kind of a let down to me because there is 0 surprise in it. Technically the missing 200x guys will be skipped also which is junk IMO. I just really hope the movie gets pumped out so we get a venue for new ideas.
    Actually in RGD episode 115 Scott says that they will still have a few 200x figures in 2014 and 2015 if we get to those years. There will just not be any concept figures. So us 200x fans can still look forward to getting Calix and Lord Dactus, not to mention an Evil Seed with more 200x influence.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

For what my speculation is worth I would say we will get Filmation Hordak as SDCC exclusive.

I've said it for, what a couple of years now, but I think the white crossbow points towards this, and there's a Filmation sub now. However if we are getting exclusives plural I want Razz and Broom, with packed in Kowl, ideally.

They should do a second set of the Polly Pocket set, with Glimmer, Castaspella and Scorpia. That would be awesome!

I'm not normally so 'PoPcentric' with my wants!

Widget
    Give me more Barbarians and monsters that are not cartoony and less PoP and I will be happy. more mini comic stuff please.

I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing. . And I hope that happens.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing. . And I hope that happens.
    The Rock People would be so cool! Hope it's a three pack!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Still wish it was Madame Razz.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    It makes little sense, though, when we have 100+ figures based in existing concepts that are just waiting to be made.

Very few people are looking for "new ideas", it's only people who are bored of the franchise who need more more, new new. As has been expressed over and over on these forums, many of us would be ok with the occasional new or concept character, *if* we were guaranteed to be getting our demanded existing characters. But when we are faced with the end being neigh, and knowing for some factions it will be a miracle to even get the vintage characters out, much less the lesser characters.

They also do nothing to attract new people to the line - if they are new to the line, then they don't know an existing obscure character from a new one. Virtually the only people they do anything for are those that will buy anything MOTU anyway, so it only makes sense to get out the characters people actually ask for and demand, because as we saw from the 30th sub, making up new characters has VERY mixed results, and knowing what we know now I think you will find many of us would have chosen existing characters over what we got because that's six SKUs taken up that we can never get back, and six existing characters that now never will be made.

Rock People would be incredible!!

I presume it'll be a two-pack of Rokkon and Stonedar then.

They seem like the most obvious two-pack, so I'm hardly surprised.

When's the reveal? Normally April, isn't it?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing.
    More than one exclusive would be great. And Rock Warriors WITH Granita would be awesome!

I could actually see any or a combo of some of these:

-Filmation Hordak repaint packed with Imp and a few Imp transformations

-Razz and Broom

-Spirit, Kowl, and Loo-Kee set

-Two-Badd, Tuvar, Baddrah set

-A Light Hope diorama
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm guessing Modulok, a Filmation character, or both.

I'd like to see a Filmation Hordak/Imp pack with various transformations, even if they're bound to make one a SDCC exclusive.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Actually in RGD episode 115 Scott says that they will still have a few 200x figures in 2014 and 2015 if we get to those years. There will just not be any concept figures. So us 200x fans can still look forward to getting Calix and Lord Dactus, not to mention an Evil Seed with more 200x influence.
    Well that's a huge relief.

The thing about SDCC is that it's not MOTUC centric. There's so much going on. It's a great place to push sales, but not kick them off. If subs are already for sale, the bugs hopefully have been worked out, and we're reaching people that haven't subbed in the last couple years, not people that are going to sub anyway. If they're announcing characters at the con and subs have already been for sale, and you hear people saying "I already got mine, etc" that will create a little more buzz. Having the subs open longer, in either direction, before or after, allows for word of mouth to travel a little further. Why keep preaching to the choir? 30 days can make a lot of differenece.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar