Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I see Rock Warriors coming soon to a planet near you.
    Hopefully it won't be a cheap set similar to that of Vykron, where they have one main figure and snap-on parts to make the two characters. It's making me a little nervous, given Mattel's history of having different pack-outs for Mattycollector.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    The Rock warriors (2pack?) rumor is back...

I only hope that Mattel includes Granita in MOTUC at some point

I agree with other posts saying that a 3 pack would make sense and that if they don't release her many fans will be disappointed.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'd take the Rock Warriors, although I'm really hoping Eldor makes it soon.

Also, it'll be too bad if we miss a chance to include Granita with Stonedar and Rokkon. I'd love to also get Facet and the two Rock Warriors from the Slime Pit mini-comic to get a whole good-guy sub-faction going, but I guess that'd just be more obscure characters that.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'd take the Rock Warriors, although I'm really hoping Eldor makes it soon.

Also, it'll be too bad if we miss a chance to include Granita with Stonedar and Rokkon. I'd love to also get Facet and the two Rock Warriors from the Slime Pit mini-comic to get a whole good-guy sub-faction going, but I guess that'd just be more obscure characters that.
    I'd love a good guy sub faction. We need a heroic faction to help fight the Horde or the Snake men and the Rock People would fit that role.

By the way, gbagok, I can't wait to see the Rock People among your unofficial bios. I'm sure you'll make wonders with them!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I really hope Granita is included with this set.

Rock Warriors would be fantastic. I'm just very nervous thinking of how they'll look.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Rock Warriors would be fantastic. I'm just very nervous thinking of how they'll look.
    I'm really curious how they'll be done as well. Hopefully not in some cheap-looking, tacky way such as Vykron.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Stonedar is my most wanted figure, and I too am getting nervous thinking of him as a SDCC exclusive... Why them as an exclusive? In my opinion these guys are pretty demanded B-list hard hitters. Why not give them a regular 3pk-slot? Is the schedule too tight?

Or will it be a Rokkon/Granita 2pk, and Stonedar comin later?
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

I haven't been following this thread, has bcrduke thrown out any hints?

Ha, nevermind, I just saw it!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I would love if my #1 most-wanted came out as a SDCC exclusive this summer... however, I want the quality to be on par with He-Ro and NOT Marlena (with that cop-out Cringer and her badly painted eyes) or Vykron (need I say more?). If Rokkon comes out and has cheap parts and a poor paint job, it's going to end MOTUC for me. I've been waiting forrrrrrevvvvverrrrr... and I want him to be handled with care.

Heroic Warrior
    Bad decision if true IMO. They have already blown through the A and B list heroic warriors and the Rock Warriors are the only ones left of the C list. As it is, the evil warriors really only have Two Bad left as far as vintage main characters go.
    Other than those 3, and a handful of Horde and Snakemen, there are very few vintage characters who were actually part of any of the shows (and yes, for many of us, that's far more important than whoever happened to have an action figure in the 80s).

Thank goodness for Filmation rights. Otherwise there really wouldn't be many big names left for the next 2 years.
    Last edited by Super He-Man; April 6, 2013 at 06:58pm.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    It would be the best choice, since the SDCC exclusive gets more budget for tooling, think about Vykron's accessories. And new tolling is something, both Rock Warriors really need.

in the last roast goable dinner was stated that the SDCC exclusive will be 90 per cent new tooling and no answer when someone guessed for rock people. so I think its very likely it will be a rock people 2 pack with granita coming later in the line, maybe part of a future filmation sub-line.
    stonedar was one of my favourite characters as I child and I've always think that the 4H can do a superb job considering the wonderful vintage facesculpts they'll be use as a reference.

I would be perfectly content with the SDCC exclusive being simply Rokkon & Stonedar, Two-Pack-style... with Granita getting her own release as part of the Filmation sub later this year (and her being her own release, would hopefully mean an additional accessory or two coming with her!). So far, the Filmation figures we've seen have been heavy on the reuse of parts- maybe Granita would be the one figure requiring a lot of new tooling, whose cost would be balanced or whatever by the fact that Shokoti, Icer, Batros and the others do not.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I wonder how they'll do the packaging. Have Stondar packed out with Rokkon on the bottom ala Prince Adam for one and switch it for DOS?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I wonder how they'll do the packaging. Have Stondar packed out with Rokkon on the bottom ala Prince Adam for one and switch it for DOS?
    Rock Form for SDCC, humanoid form for Matty

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I would be perfectly content with the SDCC exclusive being simply Rokkon & Stonedar, Two-Pack-style... with Granita getting her own release as part of the Filmation sub later this year (and her being her own release, would hopefully mean an additional accessory or two coming with her!). So far, the Filmation figures we've seen have been heavy on the reuse of parts- maybe Granita would be the one figure requiring a lot of new tooling, whose cost would be balanced or whatever by the fact that Shokoti, Icer, Batros and the others do not.
    I don't think Granita will require that much new tooling. a new head with rock for hair, new lower legs, a new tunic, and some creative tooling for the arm and knee pads. Otherwise she should be able to use the standard female buck.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    LOL, that would probably be better

Or Rokkon in Humanoid form and Stondar in rock form for SDCC

And Stondar in Humanoid form and Rokkon in rock form for Mattycollector.com

If we get the Rock Warriors I want...no need to have Granita. She should be part of the set, it would be an epic exclusive. After the turkey Mattel brought to Comic Con last year they need to do something amazing this year.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Now that we're hyping ourselves up for the Rock People, watch them be the 2-pack, the Horde Troopers pushed to 2014, and something else is the SDCC exclusive.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

That is fine, too. One way or the other, Rokkon for 2013!
    I would settle for Rokkon & Stonedar two-pack as the $50 slot in the fall/winter, and Modulok as the SDCC exclusive

Snore....boring exclusive.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Since Granita is a Filmation character, it would make sense to release her as part of the Filmation Sub. We still have no idea who the three 'hero' characters are. Well, we know one of them may be Sea Hawk, but the other two...question marks!

Heroic Warrior
    We don't know they're all hero characters.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK