Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I could live with a Lighthope in figure form as an exclusive provided he done is a really cool way - like He-Ro was. Lighthope as a warrior or god like being appeals more to me than a Lighthope who is a cylinder of light. I wonder if that was who the mask was for - the one which was "teased" at NYCC.

Maybe we'll get two exclusives - 1 POP and 1 MOTU?

I hope we hear something today.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but the 200X characters are my least liked faction. None of the characters designs appeal to me. Didn't care for Carnivus, Faceless One, Marzo, Dekker etc. I like them but they just seem so bland compared to the other characters. I want to see some more Na, Pop, and Filmation ranks filled before we get anymore 200X. I know many will disagree, but they just don't excite me as much.
    I don't think you are in the minority. Or, at least I am part of the same minority . I like all of the characters but they are a bit bland compared to other factions in my opinoin.

As for Light Hope....I think the character has potential as a figure. I'd be very interested in how he was manifested into a "human" form.

Light Spinner...never thought about that. Could be a way to get an alternate Shadow Weaver out there and available to those who didn't buy the sub last year and don't want to pay ridiculous prices to obtain one.

I'm still hoping that Rokkon and Stonedar (with Granita would be the best!) is the exclusive, or at least one of them. Madame Razz with several small characters would be my second hope. Despara I would rather have used as a sub exclusive figure.

There's been so many ideas thrown out....I wish we would just find out already!

Heroic Warrior
    Could not disagree more about 200X. Their designs are infinitely more detailed than Filmation stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Could not disagree more about 200X. Their designs are infinitely more detailed than Filmation stuff.
    Just because something has more detail, doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I never thought of it that way actually, very good point. I guess all I would say is that with all the Filmation figures we are seeing currently with the new sub I would just like 200X to get a little more love haha. The last figure we got was Dekker and he was not exactly the most exciting character to get plastic representation. I understand what you are saying though, let's just hope we get both versions down the line
    There is still Lord Dactys, Calix, Prahvus, Veena, Battle Lion, Queen Andreenos, and the Kulatak. Not to mention Snake Armor He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    A cape isn't going to make 200X Evil Seed look silly. Many figures with the same build in MOTUC have capes and look fine.
    But, it's not a cape, it's a full body cloak. Exactly like Shadow Weaver. Putting a plastic removable cloak over the standard size buck WILL look bad. Imagine how Shadow Weaver would have looked if they used the standard female buck and put a red plastic cloak over it?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I don't think you are in the minority. Or, at least I am part of the same minority . I like all of the characters but they are a bit bland compared to other factions in my opinoin.

As for Light Hope....I think the character has potential as a figure. I'd be very interested in how he was manifested into a "human" form.

Light Spinner...never thought about that. Could be a way to get an alternate Shadow Weaver out there and available to those who didn't buy the sub last year and don't want to pay ridiculous prices to obtain one.

I'm still hoping that Rokkon and Stonedar (with Granita would be the best!) is the exclusive, or at least one of them. Madame Razz with several small characters would be my second hope. Despara I would rather have used as a sub exclusive figure.

There's been so many ideas thrown out....I wish we would just find out already!
    Light Spinner would be awesome! It would go well with Castaspella coming out in August, too. Now, would it be too much to ask for a Norwyn figure too?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Not to mention Snake Armor He-Man.
    This is the only figure left on my 200X want list.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    There is still Lord Dactys, Calix, Prahvus, Veena, Battle Lion, Queen Andreenos, and the Kulatak. Not to mention Snake Armor He-Man
    Oh for sure! I am really looking forward to SA He-Man, Calix, Prahvus and Dactys in particular. I am just worried that 200x might get somewhat left behind in the shuffle of the next two years where they concentrate on vintage figures and high demand figures. The Filmation sub may continue after all, but 200X seems to get about 1 figure per year which means if the line does end in 2015 then we will not see all those you mentioned sadly.

I do have high hopes for 2016 having a few more of them, but I figure by then that the line will be on some seriously thin ice when it comes to production costs and demand

Still, I am pretty much a "buy everything" kinda guy so I will probably be pleased with the rest of the year regardless what we see.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I don't think I can take it any longer. Someone put me out of my misery and post some pics already!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    I don't think I can take it any longer. Someone put me out of my misery and post some pics already!
    Ha! Right there with you. I really hope its something cool. I'm in the minority and like Vykron, but I wasn't excited about him. Whatever's coming for the SDCC exclusive, I'm excited for, because of the sheer number of possibilities!

Hurry up Rock Warriors!

Hopefully today is the day we find out (given that its the last Friday of the month).

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    Hopefully today is the day we find out (given that its the last Friday of the month).
    I think the reveals might begin today (or Monday), but I wouldn't count on the MOTUC reveal to be the first SDCC reveal.
    TG said that they were be spacing the reveals out, so I'm sure they won't start with their heavy hitter items.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I hope it's a core character or two-pack.
    Rock Warriors, Madam Razz + Broom (+ Kowl + Loo-Kee), Eldor etc
    No super-obscure character please
    Awesome sticker included!

I think we are def gonna get EvilSeed. just a hunch....i know not why.

You'd really think they'd get on with it already. Reveals today could lead to a weekend of sub sales in anticipation of Early Access for the SDCC items.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    You'd really think they'd get on with it already. Reveals today could lead to a weekend of sub sales in anticipation of Early Access for the SDCC items.
    Agreed, Early Access is one of the better perks of having a sub. Being able to push the SDCC exclusives through EA could very well bump up sub sales, if people knew the exclusive before the deadline. Having the weekend to let word of mouth build would be a good idea...
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Why on earth would you want your SDCC reveals to help sell anything else? C'mon man!
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Agreed, Early Access is one of the better perks of having a sub. Being able to push the SDCC exclusives through EA could very well bump up sub sales, if people knew the exclusive before the deadline. Having the weekend to let word of mouth build would be a good idea...
    Unless the exclusives are really bad, in which case the word of mouth would do more harm than good. Maybe Mattel does know what they're doing this time (except for the sucky exclusive part)!
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Throw us a bone! I'd be happy to get a poorly pixelated pic of a toe at this point!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

My guess is sub holders will get an email first. The waiting game sucks...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Throw us a bone! I'd be happy to get a poorly pixelated pic of a toe at this point!
    Haha! Yes! Anything at this point!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I would think that due to the lead time in developing a figure, this figure was already being planned prior to the sub sale for 2013. Therefore, he would be planned before the do or die road map we are dealing with for 2014 and some wackiness may still be involved for this choice.

Pfffffftt!

Well, looks like we're not getting the reveal today afterall .

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Well, looks like we're not getting the reveal today afterall .
    That's a bummer. I was really hoping for today and kept checking the Org all day today. I hope that it's next week.