Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    In the New York Toy Fair presentation video where Scott spoke about the Filmation subscription reveal, he said we'd still be getting Filmation characters in the main sub and actually there was still a Filmation character yet to be revealed in the main sub. I bet someone posted the footage on YouTube, as I believe that's where I saw the footage...

Lord Dactys is a character from the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Truth be told it's ages since I last watched my DVD's so I forget who exactly he is!
    He's the Gargoyle looking guy. Would make an awesome figure!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    In the New York Toy Fair presentation video where Scott spoke about the Filmation subscription reveal, he said we'd still be getting Filmation characters in the main sub and actually there was still a Filmation character yet to be revealed in the main sub. I bet someone posted the footage on YouTube, as I believe that's where I saw the footage...

Lord Dactys is a character from the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Truth be told it's ages since I last watched my DVD's so I forget who exactly he is!
    He is the King/Lord of the Speleans (Eternian Bat-people). The Spelean Kingdom is on the new Subternia map that came with King He-man. I believe he is the only named Spelean in the cartoon. Just a good representation of a cool looking and new species/people group of Eternia.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Who's Dactys?
    He is the Bat Man!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I would rather not have Two-Bad as an SDCC exclusive. While I enjoy the idea of an exclusive, I don't think they should be a "main character" (even a B or C lister). I always prefer the "significant variant" route. Granted, I've never had a problem getting a MOTUC SDCC figure, but still. I'd rather see Filmation Hordak.

I would like them to do a council pack with Lord Dactys, Ceratus, and a Kulatak. I know we won't get it at SDCC but those are all figures i want eventually. Two-Bad would be a lame exclusive because i think it should be something more obscure.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I STILL put my bet on Filmation Hordak !
    Last edited by TUC138; March 26, 2013 at 09:50pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I for one would love a Two bad done the way JoeyCruel Suggested as an exclusive. It would be AMAZING!!!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5...adproject6.jpghttp://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8...ojecttotal.jpg
    I disagree, completely. This works on paper. Executing it as a figure is something completely different. The are better off being made as three separate figures.

I'm with King Tamusk, and with the great mattel quality control the chance of it goes wrong is huge!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry guys, but that Two Bad idea is too cool not to execute. We've had all of the removable pieces before(except the leg), so its not out of the realm of possibility. And doing it this way works for everyone. If you just want a Classic Two Bad, then you only buy one. If you want Tuvar and Baddrah, you'll have to buy two. If you want all three, then buy all three. It's a win everyone.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Sorry guys, but that Two Bad idea is too cool not to execute. We've had all of the removable pieces before(except the leg), so its not out of the realm of possibility. And doing it this way works for everyone. If you just want a Classic Two Bad, then you only buy one. If you want Tuvar and Baddrah, you'll have to buy two. If you want all three, then buy all three. It's a win everyone.
    Exactly! It's a total win and definitely not out of the realm of possibility as King Hsss had the swappable torso, Trap Jaw with the arm, everyone but Grayskull with the head and Mattel does BAF with DC so I know they can do legs too. It's the ultimate Two-Bad and eliminates a 3 pack. It would be an amazing SDCC slot and would offer an alternative pack out for the exclusive ala Marlena and Vykron.

Heroic Warrior
    Not really, no. If they release them seperately in the sub, they'll cost $75 for all 3. If they release them in a deluxe set with all the parts for everyone, and you want to display all 3, it'll probably cost us at least double.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Not really, no. If they release them seperately in the sub, they'll cost $75 for all 3. If they release them in a deluxe set with all the parts for everyone, and you want to display all 3, it'll probably cost us at least double.
    Exactly! Vykron cost quite a bit, you had to buy 3 full sets to put together all 3 figures, then you are left with tons of junk pieces. No thank you. I would rather buy 3 figures for $75 as opposed to $90+ with junk pieces left over.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Exactly! It's a total win and definitely not out of the realm of possibility...
    Which is exactly why Matty won't do it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    Which is exactly why Matty won't do it
    It's not a total win at all for reasons I previously stated, so maybe Matty WILL do it!
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Meh, I'd rather have Modulok or Evilseed as an exclusive, I've never really cared for a Tuvar and Badrah as seperate figures idea - or a 3 pack.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Here's hoping, pal!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Baby Stealing Hordak?

If and when (hopefully when ) they ever do a Filmation Hordak I just hope they give him a unique head sculpt. I just have this horrifying thought that they’ll just take the regular Hordak head and paint it ghostly white.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Oo-Larr -- First appearance He-Man. Hope he has an Alcala He-Man head. There are fans who can't wait to swap out that old He-Man head for something more rugged.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    If and when (hopefully when ) they ever do a Filmation Hordak I just hope they give him a unique head sculpt. I just have this horrifying thought that they’ll just take the regular Hordak head and paint it ghostly white.
    Do you mean ghostly grey-white?

All jokes aside, Filmation Hordak is one of the few variants I'd like to see one day! He would be cool with extra arm attachements and Imp in various forms...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Do you mean ghostly grey-white?

All jokes aside, Filmation Hordak is one of the few variants I'd like to see one day! He would be cool with extra arm attachements and Imp in various forms...
    Same here. He's the most recognisable variant left, IMO. 70-odd appearances in the She-Ra cartoon is nothing to be sniffed at. Grey Hordak doesn't cut it for me.

He's a great candidate for a sub exclusive or an SDCC exclusive...but I doubt he'll be this year.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

To have all 3 figures you just have to buy 2 sets not 3.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    To have all 3 figures you just have to buy 2 sets not 3.
    You're right. I still wouldn't want it though if each set cost any more than $37.50 (to match the cost of $75 for 3 individual figures.)
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Here are 3 good choices:

Lodar and Kobold 2-pack (SDCC) - Kobold and Lodar (Matty)
    King Miro with old head (SDCC) - King Miro with young head (Matty)
    Eldor and Gray [Ro] 2-pack - Gray and Eldor (Matty)
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

It shall be the return of DC vs MOTU with Superman (with MOTUC buck a ala Batman Unlimited DKR) vs He-Man 200x (with DCUC buck)!!!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread