Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I would be surprised to see the Rock Warriors as SDCC exclusive, but I have lurked long enough to take bcrduke's suggestions seriously.

My money is still on Razz, Broom, Kowl and hidden Loo-Kee though
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I see Rock Warriors coming soon to a planet near you.
    Best news ever!!! I want to say all MOTUC news is good news but well...Vykron, Preternia He-Man, Snake MAA, Stinkor and Frosta Arms, and King He-Man were bitter Pills to swallow. lol
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Since Granita is a Filmation character, it would make sense to release her as part of the Filmation Sub. We still have no idea who the three 'hero' characters are. Well, we know one of them may be Sea Hawk, but the other two...question marks!
    As sad as it is for me to say, I doubt we'll get a second female in the Filmation sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would be surprised to see the Rock Warriors as SDCC exclusive, but I have lurked long enough to take bcrduke's suggestions seriously.

My money is still on Razz, Broom, Kowl and hidden Loo-Kee though
    Madame Razz and Broom is still my dream SDCC exclusive.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I have a hunch that the other two characters in the main sub are going to be very stupid!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now that we're hyping ourselves up for the Rock People, watch them be the 2-pack, the Horde Troopers pushed to 2014, and something else is the SDCC exclusive.
    I think that would actually be a VERY smart move on Mattel's part.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Don't give them any ideas Brian, lol. I want my mainstays before I'm dead. Who knows what they will do but dragging this line out isn't helping anybody, don't you want your Mermista now? Not tomorrow? I want a golden goose, I want it to lay golden eggs for Easter, at least 100 a day... and by the way... lolz

But seriously I hate that with each new announcement it's some cat named oolar or lodar or vine jungle guy, or guy that was in one mini-comic that was only distributed in the UK, blah blah blah. Give us Two-bad and Glimmer or give us nothing!! cause that's what it feels like to me, my patience is at it's end and the longer they wait the higher the price will jump. I know all good things to those who wait but come on, this toy line has gone on for 5 years, that's pretty sweet, and by the end of 2014 which I'm sure we will get, it will be 6 years.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Smart for THEM, crappy for us. As usual...

Very smart for them and I really don't mind if that is the way they go. we all want horde Troopers, but I am sure we can wait a few more months if it means we get a 2014 line up for sure... and let's be clear, Horde Troopers being in 2014 means there will be more people who stick around for a years more product... which is great for the line.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

The only fly in the ointment is the Rock Warriors aren't exactly an army builder like the 2-pack is going to be...unless there are extra generic warrior heads in the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Smart for THEM, crappy for us. As usual...
    Not exactly crappy if we're actually getting them all and all are shown at SDCC.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I really don't want the army builder two pack to be anything but the Horde Troopers. If the SDCC is the rock people or anything else worthy as there are a ton of great guesses in here.....GREAT! But I'll be bummed if we don't get the Troopers 4th quarter as we were all but promised them for saving the line with the current sub.

The 4Q13 2-pack is an army builder according to Scott. He referred to them as such very recently. It's not going to be Stonedar and Rokkon and there's no way they make generic rock warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The 4Q13 2-pack is an army builder according to Scott. He referred to them as such very recently. It's not going to be Stonedar and Rokkon and there's no way they make generic rock warriors.
    ...though it would completely blow my expectations out of the water if they do finally do a Rokkon & Stonedar two-pack, and they each came with enough extra pieces and two additional unique heads so you COULD make some new Rock People out of their bucks. Besides, they're not much of a People if there's only two (three, if we get Granita... but still... that's a teeny tiny faction!).

Fingers crossed that if it is Stonedar and Rokkon, that the rock pieces are removable armor and that they look like the poster rather than filmation.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I would much rather they use the tooling budget to make accurate representations of the Rock Warriors, with new arms and legs, or have it be a three pack with Granita, rather than just some adding random rock warrior heads.

My worst fear is Mattel trying to save a buck on them and reusing Trapjaw's legs...again.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think it would be a terrible move. 2014 is going to do just fine with characters like Two-Bad or Tung Lashor and Glimmer, and without having to worry about "line killers" like the Fighting Foe Men or other concept characters (which I personally don't mind, but you get the idea). I think enough people are anticipating and expecting Horde Troopers that it would do a lot more damage than good.

Considering that there could already be a lot of upset people if Grayskull's entrance does not get tweaked or accessories are cut, they would be wise to have a good announcement/reveal in the wings.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I would love for it to be anything that would knock out multiple vintage or Filmation heavy hitters. So a rock people two or three pack would be perfect. I would prefer a three pack so the Filmation slots will be open for other characters. The more the merrier! I would be happy to have a vintage exclusive, a Filmation exclusive, and a DC comics exclusive!
    Last edited by Jinxieman; April 7, 2013 at 05:40pm.

Hopefully the Troopers will be the Q4 item as speculated...they'll sell them by the bucket load so they'd better make LOADS available.

They could provide a massive boost to the 2015 sub if done correctly.

Anyway, when were other SDCC exclusives revealed? I remember Marlena being quite late in the month.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Scott said that the SDCC item(s) would be revealed within 4-5 weeks from April 5 (he said this on a recent GR podcast). He wants to make sure he has production pieces to take photos of before revealing.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

That makes me want to cry... patience is so not my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Hopefully the Troopers will be the Q4 item as speculated...they'll sell them by the bucket load so they'd better make LOADS available.

They could provide a massive boost to the 2015 sub if done correctly.

Anyway, when were other SDCC exclusives revealed? I remember Marlena being quite late in the month.
    The last couple of years they were revealed on like 4/29-4/30 They seriously wait til the last possible day! What really kills me is that a lot of companies used to start announcing in February/March, this year almost no one has revealed much...
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Stonedar and Rokkon would be a really cool 2 pack for quarter 1 of 2014. I do think that after what TG has been saying, the quarter 4 2013 slot will be the Horde Troopers - slightly unfortunate as people will want to buy a lot of these (myself included) and fork out for Castle Grayskull and the Filmation sub figures and weapons Pak 4 AND any other surprises they throw at us. Another expensive last quarter before Christmas.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I am going to take a stab in the dark but with MOTU on going comic series with want looks like her playing a major roll how about Despara.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Stonedar and Rokkon would be a really cool 2 pack for quarter 1 of 2014. I do think that after what TG has been saying, the quarter 4 2013 slot will be the Horde Troopers - slightly unfortunate as people will want to buy a lot of these (myself included) and fork out for Castle Grayskull and the Filmation sub figures and weapons Pak 4 AND any other surprises they throw at us. Another expensive last quarter before Christmas.
    People made the two subs and Grayskull happen, so the money is there

Anything but the Horde Troopers would be a dissapointment. If the Troopers look great, I'll buy 4-5 sets.

Heroic Warrior
    I will be buying 2-3 sets of Horde Troopers. And hopefully the SDCC reveal is worth the wait. I was disappointed last year, so hopefully this year is amazing. I think it will be Razz/Broom because SDCC figures have been figures people want, but don't need to complete a collection. So I'm doubting Rokkon and Stonedar, because I think they're more important to the line that a Razz/Broom.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnspookcity View Post
    I will be buying 2-3 sets of Horde Troopers. And hopefully the SDCC reveal is worth the wait. I was disappointed last year, so hopefully this year is amazing. I think it will be Razz/Broom because SDCC figures have been figures people want, but don't need to complete a collection. So I'm doubting Rokkon and Stonedar, because I think they're more important to the line that a Razz/Broom.
    Depends on how you look at it. Madame Razz and Broom had a much bigger role on TV than the Rock People. They're among the primary members of the Great Rebellion.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK