Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shawnspookcity View Post
    I will be buying 2-3 sets of Horde Troopers. And hopefully the SDCC reveal is worth the wait. I was disappointed last year, so hopefully this year is amazing. I think it will be Razz/Broom because SDCC figures have been figures people want, but don't need to complete a collection. So I'm doubting Rokkon and Stonedar, because I think they're more important to the line that a Razz/Broom.
    that is IF they make DoS troopers available and in enough quantity...
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Road ripper.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    that is IF they make DoS troopers available and in enough quantity...
    I'm sure an army builder will have DOS. Though seeing as they STILL have Palace Guards available, I'm guessing they'll be making a lot less of these.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Just to clarify - I never said that I think the Troopers will be 2014, while the Rock Warriors (or some other item) will be the 2013 $50 item. I just said that I think it would be wise to use the Troopers as a lure for 2014. That's all

Do I think that will happen? No.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Just to clarify - I never said that I think the Troopers will be 2014, while the Rock Warriors (or some other item) will be the 2013 $50 item. I just said that I think it would be wise to use the Troopers as a lure for 2014. That's all

Do I think that will happen? No.
    Honestly, I'm still pulling for Robot Knights as this year's army builder pack. It just makes more sense with the Filmation sub this year. Horde Troopers are great sub bait for next year and would give the line a reason to continue. Not that I don't want to see them this year, but the Robot Knights just make more sense for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Road ripper.

Man, I'd be so stoked if that happened!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

hope its not a robot knights two pack. I'm a minicomic fanatic and I like the atmosphere the artists showed off at the beginning of the line. robot knights are pretty much the opposite: they lack in design and they dont fit with my idea of a wild, savage and postapocalyptic eternia.
    im sure the filmation fans are craving for them but, even if I like most of filmation characters, those ones are an easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    hope its not a robot knights two pack. I'm a minicomic fanatic and I like the atmosphere the artists showed off at the beginning of the line. robot knights are pretty much the opposite: they lack in design and they dont fit with my idea of a wild, savage and postapocalyptic eternia.
    im sure the filmation fans are craving for them but, even if I like most of filmation characters, those ones are an easy pass.
    I imagine it would have to be more than a 2-pack of Robot Knights to merit a $50 price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Road ripper.
    Hell Yeah! I'd love a road ripper!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Madame Razz + Broom + Lookee packed out 2 ways for SDCC & Matty.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    >>> Razz, Kowl, Imp, & Broom <<<
    would be a good route to go.
    Not essential for EVERYONE, but crazy in-demand for a certain segment of collectors.
    Variant Orko was perfect.
    Mo-Larr would be hotcakes if they'd have produced fewer of them or maybe packaged them a little smarter. That huge box for 2 figures really limits the number you even CAN purchase.
    Vykron was reaching a little far into obscurica...

- - - Updated - - -

...Loo-Kee could be "hiding" somewhere in the packaging too.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    >>> Razz, Kowl, Imp, & Broom
    While I desperately want ALL those figures I just can't stomach mixing factions in one package (and I don't think Mattel would either). Imp would be better suited for a Filmation Hordak which is a very economical repaint and a good way to get two fan demanded figures out. I think a Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, and Loo-Kee pack (with a yellow Kowl for SDCC and pink for Matty) would be the best option. I doubt any of them will show up as a SDCC item this year though.

I love your idea of having Loo-Kee "hide" in the package, or be an unannounced secret!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

From TG:

Well good news! We just got in early samples of all of our con items and they were sent to photo today for the upcoming reveal! So should be soon. And man, the MOTUC item is AMAZING! Prob my favorite SDCC MOTUC item yet.
    Cannot wait for the reveal...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

^ Good stuff.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    What about Two-Bad with pieces for Tuvar and Baddhra?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

That would make for a pretty sweet exclusive...

Heroic Warrior
    This has been mentioned several times already. Paying more money to have everyone loose with a bunch of useless leftover parts lying around? No thank you.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I like the Two-Bad/Tuvar/Badhra idea. It's not my top pick but it's clever. I'm not worried about the extra pieces because I'm sure I could put good use to them. He's one of the last heavy hitters though, so for the sake of the 2014 sub I'd kind of rather he be saved for that. The Razz/Kowl/LooKee idea is still my favorite. A Modulock and/or MultiBot would be cool too. This year I really don't know what it could be. Anything will be better than the Vykron set we got last year though! I liked him well enough, just was not crazy about it, and I know the fan base largely felt the same.

Heroic Warrior
    I won't have any use for a Two Bad release like that. He should come in a normal packaging.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I won't have any use for a Two Bad release like that. He should come in a normal packaging.
    I agree just release him in the usual way.

One last guess at the exclusive............

LIGHTHOPE! - Don't know why just had a feeling it might be something leftfield. If not that, then I'd stick with either Despara or Modulok.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I think that Two Bad 3-pack would be awesome, but when you start adding in extra limbs and a torso it could get very pricey. That pack would possibly cost $60-70.

Two-Bad should come as a single, solid figure. If they ever get to Baddrah and Tuvar, they should be individual figures too. I don't want them to cheap out on any of them, nor do I want to have to buy a set like this and have left over parts, just because I wanted to display all three characters.

Continuing to bring this idea up is moot, because Cornboy already said Two-Bad would be released as a single figure.

The only figure you should build that comes in pieces is Modulok or Multi-Bot. And I'd love to see them as an exclusive too.

I really liked all of the SDCC exclusives, except for Vyrkon. So for TG to say that this might be the best one yet gets my hopes up. I don't want to be disappointed.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Continuing to bring this idea up is moot, because Cornboy already said Two-Bad would be released as a single figure.
    I didn't know that! Where I can find the Cornboy interview? Thank you!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I can't wait to see the MOTUC item(s). I just hope that we don't get another hyper-obscure character like Vykron last year....
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian