Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I love seeing the love for Madame Razz and Broom. Alas, I don't see Scott making her the SDCC Exclusive this year

They should just do two. It's not like they wouldn't sell if they are characters people want.

Anyway, it would be AMAZING if they did the Rock People as a THREE pack with Granita. I think the 4H are a fan of her... and it would be really nice to see their version of her.

But again, I see Scott using the reaction to the FFM 3-pack as a reason not to make the SDCC exclusive a 3-pack... which isn't necessarily a good reaction... as I think a LOT more people would be willing to buy a 3 pack of the Rock Warriors... why?

1) They are legit characters that appeared in the vintage MOTU line, the mini-comics, AND the Filmation She-Ra Cartoon

2) The 4H could do wonders with the "rock" pieces necessary to give them an action feature

3) This would be a 3-pack OUTSIDE the subscription... and higher ticket items do better for SDCC anyway... Look at the Jem doll that was offered at SDCC last year: $150 and it was GONE before any other exclusive.

I am going to say that it should be the Rock Warriors as a 3pack, but it won't be...

Maybe it will be just Rokkon and Stonedar...

But Scott should slot Granita in as next year's Traveling Con Exclusive, or as an out-of-sub figure.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

My guess for a while has been Modulok. He seems to fit the whole "presented in package this way for SDCC, presented in package that way for Mattycollector's on sale date..." thing they've had going on the past couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I love seeing the love for Madame Razz and Broom. Alas, I don't see Scott making her the SDCC Exclusive this year

They should just do two. It's not like they wouldn't sell if they are characters people want.

Anyway, it would be AMAZING if they did the Rock People as a THREE pack with Granita. I think the 4H are a fan of her... and it would be really nice to see their version of her.

But again, I see Scott using the reaction to the FFM 3-pack as a reason not to make the SDCC exclusive a 3-pack... which isn't necessarily a good reaction... as I think a LOT more people would be willing to buy a 3 pack of the Rock Warriors... why?

1) They are legit characters that appeared in the vintage MOTU line, the mini-comics, AND the Filmation She-Ra Cartoon

2) The 4H could do wonders with the "rock" pieces necessary to give them an action feature

3) This would be a 3-pack OUTSIDE the subscription... and higher ticket items do better for SDCC anyway... Look at the Jem doll that was offered at SDCC last year: $150 and it was GONE before any other exclusive.

I am going to say that it should be the Rock Warriors as a 3pack, but it won't be...

But Scott should slot Granita in as next year's Traveling Con Exclusive, or as an out-of-sub figure.
    I will freak out if Rokkon's reintroduction after all these years of waiting is as a SDCC exclusive!!! That's pretty big exposure there for my all-time favorite guy
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I think Madame Razz and Broom.......but anything will be better than last year's exclusive. Vykron was awful and I don't regret not buying one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

My guesses (hopes):

Filmation Hordak with Imp and as an SDCC exclusive add Hordak and Imp in rocket form as accessories.

Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor 2-pack ...WITH Filmation style He-Man and Skeletor heads and Filmation power sword!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Heroic Warrior
    In rough order of preference:

- Bright Moon two-pack with Glimmer and Angella
    - Madame Razz and Broom (with "hidden" Lookee)
    - Rock People THREE-pack with Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita
    - Filmation two-pack with Scorpia and Sea Hawk
    - Filmation Hordak and Imp (with arm transformations for Hordak)

But, I'm not sure any of the above are very likely.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    My guess is
    Starchild-Bowena 2 pack.

I say Madame Razz (w/ Broom) and the Twiggits - that would be a nice big exclusive boxed set.

Another option could be Kowl with Look-ee hidden in the package similar to Orko/Adam - But I think Kowl has enough clout to be his own monthly release

The only other option in my mind aside from a mini comic character release would be a pack of Trollans.

Modulok will probably be a quarterly beast release.

Even though Vykron was an interesting idea - I hope they give us something with a little more oomph this year.

I need the Rock People.....make it so!

Loving all the suggestions. I really want all the POP little guys, Razz & Broom, Kowl, Loo-Kee and the Twiggets, stick 'em all in a big box (with Loo-Kee hidden) and I am sold!
    Would also absolutely love a Filmation Hordak with Imp, he needs to have a newly sculpted head though, not a repaint of the original.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Nothing would make me more happy than a standard He-man buck with a whole set of different heads, weapons and different types of armour to make him into Oolarr, long haired Alcala He-Man, vintage toy He-Man, etc.
    This is what I wanted last year (would've been perfect for the anniversary...) and am still waiting for.
    "Deluxe" He-Man with swappable hinge-joint hands, heads and gear for many different looks.
    Heck, even throw in a Filmation style head, sword and harness.

But assuming Mattel will never be cool enough for something like that I say they should finally give us Eldor!!

Definitely think it should be vintage MotU-focused, as opposed to anything 200x, MYP, POP, NA, etc.

My guess is that the original plan would have been to release a Dare (with Craven) figure as the SDCC exclusive and then announce an extra 6 figure mini sub (similar to the 30th mini sub) for He-Ro son of He-Man at the Mattypalooza panel. However, with sub sales down I would guess the mini sub would no longer be in the plans.

If they were to do a second exclusive I would guess Eldor.

While Razz or Kowl would be cool (both are very high on my want list) my guess is that Mattel won't choose a POP exclusive for SDCC until they are ready to celebrate She-Ra's 30th anniversary or they plan to announce a mass media project (animated series for instance) for the POP property.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor/Multibot
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma/Spinerella
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/OOLarr/Dare

I really doubt it will be Oo-Larr. The last thing the line needs is a third He-Man variant in a single year.

Madame Razz, Loo-Kee, Kowl, Twiggets, Rock People Trio, Filmation Hordak & Imp, or Modulok I will take any and all of these. PLEASE & THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

A Whispering Woods boxed set with Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, Twiggets, and Loo-Kee would be a nice companion piece to all the giant-sized stuff we've gotten. All the little figures could have limited articulation (Maybe head, waist, and shoulders only) and I'd be fine with that. Other exclusive worthy items would be Filmation Hordak w/ Imp, Mega-Beast boxed set (Modulok box for SDCC, Multi-Bot box for Matty), or Filmation He-Man/Skeletor set. SDCC still seems a bit far away so I'm more excited about the NYTF news coming soon!

i guessed modulok last year and was wrong so im not going to go for that one again ...

i honestly think it will either be a concept character or a non-vintage line MOTU character ... mattel know that they need to keep the remaining main vintage guys (two-bad, modulok, rio-blast etc etc) to try and sell a bulk of the subscriptions (at least in my view anyway) ...

im going for eldor ... true he has vintage connections, but like he-ro still remains essentially a concept/prototype ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I fully agree! The Rock People 3 pack is totally legit! But I'm also afraid that they're not going to make it because of the negative reaction to the FFM pack... Making it a two pack plus a traveling con exclusive would be a bit weird... still if that's the only way to get the three of them in MOTUC, let it be so...
    What I like in your comment is the mention of the 4H being fans of Granita... I didn't know that and it comes as a nice surprise!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    All the suggestions are great and particulary hordak/imp 2-packs.

Regarding the filmation he-man/skeletor 2-pack I am curious to know how they will do different than the ones they have already made to be as close as possible for the cartoon characters.
    For skeletor it s not possible just to change his feet... The head sculpture should be very well made, and actually I would love to have a cartoon he-man head, but that seems impossible to me.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd love to see a Rock Warrior 3 pak or Modulok or some of the other suggestions here ... but for some reason my gut says a Trollan 3 or 4 pack with Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Yuckers maybe, then I'm not sure whom else - The Prankster and Robot?

Montork and Dree-Elle are must-haves for many of the Filmation fans but perhaps a bit too obscure and unique sized for a monthly release. If they added Razz and Broome and maybe Imp it would be AWESOME!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Gwildor (with staff, toy cosmic key, bucket of ribs)
    Modulok
    Evilseed (similar to 2010's Plastic Man, with interchangable arms and alternative Filmation look)
    Madame Razz & Broom (possibly with Kowl)
    Stonedar and Rokkon 2 Pack
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Doubtful it'll be Madam Razz or Filmaton Hordak. They have never done variants or 100% new tools. It's always been:

-Someone who looks like He-man (Grayskull, He-ro, Adam, Vykron)
    -Someone VERYclosely associate with He-man (Marlena & Cringer, Orko)

So you're looking at someone like Oo-lar or Dare. Dare seems like the likeliest choice actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Doubtful it'll be Madam Razz or Filmaton Hordak. They have never done variants or 100% new tools. It's always been:

-Someone who looks like He-man (Grayskull, He-ro, Adam, Vykron)
    -Someone VERYclosely associate with He-man (Marlena & Cringer, Orko)

So you're looking at someone like Oo-lar or Dare. Dare seems like the likeliest choice actually.
    And don't forget that the exclusive should have an alternate way to be displayed to be sold on Matty after the Con or the possibility of selling multiples.

What a about a Two-Bad set with pieces to make Tuvar and Baddrah "a la Vykron"... it has the multiples set selling point and they can also sell the Two-Bad packaging on SDCC and after that sell the Tuvar packaging and the Baddrah packaging on Matty...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I gambling on one of the following...
    Madame Razz and Broom.
    Movie 3 pack - Blade, Saurod, Gwildor
    Mini characters pack - Kowl, Imp, Lookee
    Modulok/Multibot megapack.
    My hope would be any of these. Razz would require almost all new tooling, so that puts her most likely as a beast slot like Rammy, or maybe an SDCC exclusive if they splurge for the tooling. Same goes for most of the other suggestions here. The most likely, though (if any of these make the cut), seems to be the movie three pack. Only Gwildor would need all new parts, as I think a lot of existing pieces could be Frankensteined for Blade and Saurod. That makes this set a lot like Orko and Adam, where they could justify the all new tooling on Orko with the major re-use of existing parts on Adam.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I would like to see a Hover bot 3 or 4 pack. Army builder and total seller. Not interested in any more POP this year but I figure it will come. They are kinda running out of classic He Man stuff sadly
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Gwildor (with staff, toy cosmic key, bucket of ribs)
    That had better be a bucket of both fried chicken and ribs as canon dictates. Otherwise we'll be taken for the ass.

Frankly, I don't care who it is as long as it's a fan demanded character. We need to get to as many of these guys as possible.