Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    But the COMET warriors aren't made of stone, they simply have stone armor. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Correction: Their armor is made of comet.

That is all.

just messin' with ya.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    I assume they are actual ROCK warriors. I would think it would be really uncomfortable for a man in armor to fold himself into a rock.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I assume they are actual ROCK warriors. I would think it would be really uncomfortable for a man in armor to fold himself into a rock.
    Yeah, I've always viewed them as an actual species of rock humaniods. Either way, Rokkon is currently my most wanted figure in MOTUC, so the sooner they're revealed the better.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    The Rock Warriors have two looks, as well...either as stone or as humanoids

Although, I do LOVE the Evilseed idea--I have been pushing for a 200x/FILMation hybrid for years now!!!
    ~RK
    And I've been pushing against it! HAHA. You simply can't get a good figure out of mixing two designs that are completely different.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    But the COMET warriors aren't made of stone, they simply have stone armor. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    As long as we can get the 3 of them in MOTUC, I am open to any interpretation!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    And I've been pushing against it! HAHA. You simply can't get a good figure out of mixing two designs that are completely different.
    I disagree. I think a figure with elements of both could work. I think it would just be a matter of making the Filmation elements look less childish. Adding on a cape and maybe a second head onto a 200X body wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not like they're as different to one another as Filmation Marzo and 200X Marzo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Are they late reveling the SDCC exclusive this year? I always seem to recall it being revealed in early April.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Are they late reveling the SDCC exclusive this year? I always seem to recall it being revealed in early April.
    I believe it would be the equivalent of next week.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Turn away from your fleshy ways. Embrace the stony path my good pebble!

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Yeah, I've always viewed them as an actual species of rock humaniods. Either way, Rokkon is currently my most wanted figure in MOTUC, so the sooner they're revealed the better.
    I don't care how many super secret occult series parchment fragments Scott has found:

They are living rock people!!!!!

Ok, I feel better. Thank you.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Yeah I agree…the rock people are made of rock. They aren't just covered in rock armor.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    I disagree. I think a figure with elements of both could work. I think it would just be a matter of making the Filmation elements look less childish. Adding on a cape and maybe a second head onto a 200X body wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not like they're as different to one another as Filmation Marzo and 200X Marzo.
    I completely disagree.

1) The MYP version had a muscular build and was more ridged and spiky. Putting a cloak over that body will look quite bulky and goofy.
    2) The Filmation version is thin and vine-like. The head is all much different and that style wouldn't look right on the body of the more, angular look of the MYP design.

If they sculpt a thin body with the cloak as part of the buck (kind of like how Shadow Weaver is), that would be the best way to make Filmation Evilseed. In the same regard, 200X (MYP) Evilseed should be its own figure too. If they don't want to compromise the look of either design, the best option is to make them separate figures.

Scott said in Ask Matty that the SDCC Exclusives would be revealed in late April, so it should be by the 26th

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Scott said in Ask Matty that the SDCC Exclusives would be revealed in late April, so it should be by the 26th
    I'm pretty sure April doesn't end until the 30th.

Plus, he said "starting" late April. In another post, he said "We'll be revealing all of our SDCC items over the next 30 days. Late April and early May as photo samples come in."
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I completely disagree.

1) The MYP version had a muscular build and was more ridged and spiky. Putting a cloak over that body will look quite bulky and goofy.
    2) The Filmation version is thin and vine-like. The head is all much different and that style wouldn't look right on the body of the more, angular look of the MYP design.

If they sculpt a thin body with the cloak as part of the buck (kind of like how Shadow Weaver is), that would be the best way to make Filmation Evilseed. In the same regard, 200X (MYP) Evilseed should be its own figure too. If they don't want to compromise the look of either design, the best option is to make them separate figures.
    ToyGuru said that if they ever did Evilseed way back in one of the Q&A or on Matty (don't remember where), that he would probably be a combination of the two styles.

I want Evilseed a great deal and have pestered various forums and threads for years about my hope that the 200X version is given plastic representation in this line - I think a joint MYP/Filmation version could work... but what head will be used in packaging? If we get them as seperate figures I want the 200X one for sure.

They would make a good SDCC exclusive actually... but I still think it will be Razz and Broom, or the Rock guys I guess after seeing all this speculation.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Everyone seems to be expecting some crazy pack, but it may just end up being Despara in order to help the sales of the new comic.

Who knows really? I'm counting on Friday as the day they finally let us know. Hasn't history shown the reveals to be on or around the 26th?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Everyone seems to be expecting some crazy pack, but it may just end up being Despara in order to help the sales of the new comic.

Who knows really? I'm counting on Friday as the day they finally let us know. Hasn't history shown the reveals to be on or around the 26th?
    I'd be very happy with Derspara!

I'm hoping for Friday too. I wish Mattel announced them early April like they did with He-Ro, Orko etc the wait's killing me!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'd love to have Despara too. I think she looks awesome, and You know it would have to come with alternate heads. But honestly, it could be something as ridiculous as mo-lar and vykron and I'd still be happy.

Then again, maybe its modulok. (which for some reason reminds me of the movie human centipede....)

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    only a few days left in April now for the reveal, what confuses me is no leaked images yet? Come on DR, what's the matter with you?!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I would prefer Despara over the rock people. Still hoping for Dare, Eldor, Madame Razz, or some movie set even though signs point to the rock guys.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    ToyGuru said that if they ever did Evilseed way back in one of the Q&A or on Matty (don't remember where), that he would probably be a combination of the two styles.
    Toyguru is not a toy designer, or an artist. He shouldn't be making design calls. We've seen what he does when he creates something. Not good.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time he said something and then it changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I want Evilseed a great deal and have pestered various forums and threads for years about my hope that the 200X version is given plastic representation in this line - I think a joint MYP/Filmation version could work... but what head will be used in packaging? If we get them as seperate figures I want the 200X one for sure.

They would make a good SDCC exclusive actually... but I still think it will be Razz and Broom, or the Rock guys I guess after seeing all this speculation.
    I've said before, I don't mind if they make both versions. I think they should. I would just prefer they be seperate figures so each design doesn't have to be compromised to fit the other. BUT, I would prefer the Filmation version first, because we have the MYP version of Count Marzo. If it is unlikely that we will get the Filmation variant of the Count, then to be fair we should get the Filmation version of Evilseed first.

If they made him into an SDCC exclusive, it would be great if he came with two bodies: the Filmation cloaked body and his Filmation concept pod'n'vines body. The Artichoke head could swap between the two.

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...d_revealed.jpg
    Last edited by King Tamusk; April 25, 2013 at 11:08am.

Court Magician
    I still think that Despara should be the Sub figure for 2014.

Toyguru is not a toy designer, or an artist. He shouldn't be making design calls. We've seen what he does when he creates something. Not good.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time he said something and then it changed.
    It's possible he wasn't making the call, of course. He might have had some discussions with the 4H.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    I still think that Despara should be the Sub figure for 2014.
    And I still totally agree with this!

I'm getting anxious for the reveal. I keep thinking that it's coming at any point and I keep checking the Org for news on this.

I'm just hoping that it's a cool SDCC exclusive, like Queen Marlena or Orko, and not a disappointing exclusive like Vykron.