Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I wonder what the hold up is...

Maybe the photos didn't come out correctly one of the multiple exclusives. Maybe lighting was an issue...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I've said before, I don't mind if they make both versions. I think they should. I would just prefer they be seperate figures so each design doesn't have to be compromised to fit the other. BUT, I would prefer the Filmation version first, because we have the MYP version of Count Marzo. If it is unlikely that we will get the Filmation variant of the Count, then to be fair we should get the Filmation version of Evilseed first.
    I never thought of it that way actually, very good point. I guess all I would say is that with all the Filmation figures we are seeing currently with the new sub I would just like 200X to get a little more love haha. The last figure we got was Dekker and he was not exactly the most exciting character to get plastic representation. I understand what you are saying though, let's just hope we get both versions down the line
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Maybe the photos didn't come out correctly one of the multiple exclusives. Maybe lighting was an issue...

The last figure we got was Dekker and he was not exactly the most exciting character to get plastic representation. I understand what you are saying though, let's just hope we get both versions down the line.
    I bet we get another 200X character in 2013. Another member of Randor' s council would be awesome.
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 25, 2013 at 02:14pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I'm getting anxious for the reveal. I keep thinking that it's coming at any point and I keep checking the Org for news on this.

I'm just hoping that it's a cool SDCC exclusive, like Queen Marlena or Orko, and not a disappointing exclusive like Vykron.
    I am also afraid of being disappointed like next year with Vykron.... I hope that Mattel surprises us in a good way this year!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting anxious for the reveal. I keep thinking that it's coming at any point and I keep checking the Org for news on this.

I'm just hoping that it's a cool SDCC exclusive, like Queen Marlena or Orko, and not a disappointing exclusive like Vykron.
    I am also afraid of being disappointed like next year with Vykron.... I hope that Mattel surprises us in a good way this year!

- - - Updated - - -

20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I bet we get another 200X character in 2013. Another member of Randor' s council would be awesome.
    I sense you are hinting sir

I think Dactys would make a great figure honestly and would get some more use out of those wings. As for bad lighting on the SDCC pictures I hope they turn out okay in the end and I hope we see them soon.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I love hints! So multiple exclusives. Hmmm I hope that they are cool.

As for 200X, really hope it is Calix, Veena, or Battle Lion.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Does that mean multiple MOTUC exclusives or multiple Matty exclusives? It should be today or tomorrow...I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I completely disagree.

1) The MYP version had a muscular build and was more ridged and spiky. Putting a cloak over that body will look quite bulky and goofy.
    2) The Filmation version is thin and vine-like. The head is all much different and that style wouldn't look right on the body of the more, angular look of the MYP design.

If they sculpt a thin body with the cloak as part of the buck (kind of like how Shadow Weaver is), that would be the best way to make Filmation Evilseed. In the same regard, 200X (MYP) Evilseed should be its own figure too. If they don't want to compromise the look of either design, the best option is to make them separate figures.
    A cape isn't going to make 200X Evil Seed look silly. Many figures with the same build in MOTUC have capes and look fine. And I doubt they'd do an entirely new sculpt if they were considering a Filmation only version of Evil Seed. We'd probably be seeing another muscled body anyway if they went for a Filmation look.

I don't think they'd go for two separate Evil Seeds. Not with how the line seems to be going. I think the best case scenario is an adaptation that has nods to both designs. All they would really need to do is make the Filmation elements look less goofy. The only thing that really is a barrier is the two art styles, if they tone back those a touch and bring them more in line with MOTUC in general then it would be easy enough to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    ToyGuru said that if they ever did Evilseed way back in one of the Q&A or on Matty (don't remember where), that he would probably be a combination of the two styles.
    That sounds promising. Hopefully we do get him at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I sense you are hinting sir

I think Dactys would make a great figure honestly and would get some more use out of those wings. As for bad lighting on the SDCC pictures I hope they turn out okay in the end and I hope we see them soon.
    I'd LOVE Dactys! He's the one 200X figure I want to see before this line ends.
    Evil Seed takes the 2nd place
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Dactys and Prahvus would both be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I'm hoping for He-Ro II or Skeleteen.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Hmmm, like maybe lighting from a storm?

So then, we are supposed to know soon then? I've been waiting, it's almost the end of the month.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So then, we are supposed to know soon then? I've been waiting, it's almost the end of the month.
    Toy Guru recently said that the reveals are going to trickle out between "late April and early May."

Heroic Warrior
    The best news for me would be the Battle ram to be revealed, that and Oo-lar, Eldor, and a coffee table book with all the old and new mini comics plus a massive section about the hundred best create a character competition entry's , I for one love Castle grayskull man, but I bet there was some great ideas out there

Maybe lighting was an issue...
    One can only hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I love hints! So multiple exclusives. Hmmm I hope that they are cool.

As for 200X, really hope it is Calix, Veena, or Battle Lion.
    Even if we are, I'm sure that wasn't a hint. MOTUC isn't the only brand that gets an exclusive.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    One can only hope.
    This would be an awesome exclusive that I fear we will never stop reading complaints about.

Lighting... One can only hope? Would this be another Horde Prime-esque 'here's another Filmation and POP figure' cheap shot with shared parts when everyone's asking for Glimmer, Madame Razz and Scorpia?

I'll be majorly peeved if that's who the mask belongs to...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Same here mate, Dactys is my most wanted 200x figure and Evilseed second, Calix third, hope we see them all soon
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Toy Guru recently said that the reveals are going to trickle out between "late April and early May."
    Where was this stated? Link?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior

Yep, that Vykron figure is cheap executed, hope they make something worth the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Yep, that Vykron figure is cheap executed, hope they make something worth the $$$.
    For me, I wasn't a huge fan of the concept characters. Some work better than others, such as Vikor. Vykron just seemed uninspired. There were many other characters, like Sagitar or Modulok, that would have worked better. I bought 3 Vykrons to display with their three looks and I still am not thrilled by it.

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Lighting... One can only hope? Would this be another Horde Prime-esque 'here's another Filmation and POP figure' cheap shot with shared parts when everyone's asking for Glimmer, Madame Razz and Scorpia?

I'll be majorly peeved if that's who the mask belongs to...
    This would be a dreadful idea... Unless, of course, it's a Granamyr sized rainbow colored cylinder... In which case... Nah, still a dreadful idea.

Razz, Please...
    Go big or go home

Heroic Warrior
    For me, I wasn't a huge fan of the concept characters. Some work better than others, such as Vikor. Vykron just seemed uninspired. There were many other characters, like Sagitar or Modulok, that would have worked better. I bought 3 Vykrons to display with their three looks and I still am not thrilled by it.
    This. I like some concept stuff, but Vikor or Demo Man are perfect executed with interesting accessories and nice looking clothes. Vykron really looks cheap in comparison.