Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

I REALLY don't want Light Hope in a physical corporeal form as an action figure, that would be BAD and a very easy pass. Now a diarama of his pool and light up cylinder might be cool.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where was this stated? Link?
    Here.

And here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Here.

And here.
    Ah, I missed that second one you posted where he says May.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I've said before, I don't mind if they make both versions. I think they should. I would just prefer they be seperate figures so each design doesn't have to be compromised to fit the other. BUT, I would prefer the Filmation version first, because we have the MYP version of Count Marzo. If it is unlikely that we will get the Filmation variant of the Count, then to be fair we should get the Filmation version of Evilseed first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I never thought of it that way actually, very good point. I guess all I would say is that with all the Filmation figures we are seeing currently with the new sub I would just like 200X to get a little more love haha. The last figure we got was Dekker and he was not exactly the most exciting character to get plastic representation. I understand what you are saying though, let's just hope we get both versions down the line
    I think they should just pack in a Filmation Count Marzo head in the next 200x figure... And though I like Dekker, I agree he could have been better - he needed more oomph... But I do believe that Lord Dactys is going to be a GREAT figure when he is made.

Can't wait for a Kulatak chief either! Did he have a name?

Heroic Warrior
    Dekker was made accurate, the character was never that exciting. Just a human warrior.

Lord Dactys as a gargoyle-like character would look more spectacular as most monsters...

I always liked Dekker, but I thought his figure felt a bit off. It's still great to have him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Originally Posted by King Tamusk
    I've said before, I don't mind if they make both versions. I think they should. I would just prefer they be seperate figures so each design doesn't have to be compromised to fit the other. BUT, I would prefer the Filmation version first, because we have the MYP version of Count Marzo. If it is unlikely that we will get the Filmation variant of the Count, then to be fair we should get the Filmation version of Evilseed first.

Evilseed is my most wanted figure since the line began. If its filmation version I think most of the fans will pass. In my opinion the Filmation Evilseed looks boring and stupid. THis is be the 2nd figure I wouldnt buy in the entire line....with the first being vykron and I dont miss him.

WE NEED EVILSEED 200X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I think they should just pack in a Filmation Count Marzo head in the next 200x figure... And though I like Dekker, I agree he could have been better - he needed more oomph... But I do believe that Lord Dactys is going to be a GREAT figure when he is made.

Can't wait for a Kulatak chief either! Did he have a name?
    I think it was Chooblah.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I may be to easy to please but I loved Vykron. Kick a.. barbarian gladiator with a big ax is always MOTU in my book. Maybe it was the presentation/packaging that fans didn't like? The warriors 3 (Guerrero 3) were always big wants of mine tough so maybe I'm a tad biased.
    As far as 2013 goes, Brians hint could also mean Light Spinner. If so I hope Matty adds a Shadow Weaver type goody to intice the masses. LoL
    Last edited by NastyNate; April 25, 2013 at 10:21pm.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post

Evilseed is my most wanted figure since the line began. If its filmation version I think most of the fans will pass. In my opinion the Filmation Evilseed looks boring and stupid. THis is be the 2nd figure I wouldnt buy in the entire line....with the first being vykron and I dont miss him.

WE NEED EVILSEED 200X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    See, and to me 200X Evilseed looks like what you get if you asked any random highschool nerd to draw a "plant monster", with very little making him stand out in my eyes. If you're a creature made of plants I don't see why you should look muscular anyway. Give me old asparagus head Filmation Evilseed any day.

I think most people will buy either they release, and probably the same amount will avoid both for various reasons, so 30 years of waiting trumps 10 years of waiting in my eyes. We already have belly-shirt "club kid" Marzo that we didn't want, so give us Filmation Evil Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    This would be a dreadful idea... Unless, of course, it's a Granamyr sized rainbow colored cylinder... In which case... Nah, still a dreadful idea.

Razz, Please...
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I REALLY don't want Light Hope in a physical corporeal form as an action figure, that would be BAD and a very easy pass. Now a diarama of his pool and light up cylinder might be cool.
    And this.

I'd DEFINITELY take an oversized diorama of Light Hope and his pool with shards of crystal. I DON'T want a 'human form' Light Hope because he didn't have a human form - he was a speaking aura (which was kinda the point)... 'The Crystal Castle' suggests he's almost a prisoner in the castle, when he asks She-Ra to 'visit him often'. A 'human form' Light Hope is a lame idea.

Why am I getting that sinking feeling?
    Last edited by Scorpia; April 25, 2013 at 10:21pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

If the Four Horsemen designed him, then Light Hope has the potential to be a VERY cool figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    See, and to me 200X Evilseed looks like what you get if you asked any random highschool nerd to draw a "plant monster", with very little making him stand out in my eyes. If you're a creature made of plants I don't see why you should look muscular anyway. Give me old asparagus head Filmation Evilseed any day.

I think most people will buy either they release, and probably the same amount will avoid both for various reasons, so 30 years of waiting trumps 10 years of waiting in my eyes. We already have belly-shirt "club kid" Marzo that we didn't want, so give us Filmation Evil Seed.
    Well then we can disagree. I support what everyone else wants and buy every figure but vykron. 200x evilseed at least has some character to him. Its not what you say is an "asparagus head" with a black robe. 200x evilseed has a lot of detail in the character. I'd be willing to bet a elementary school kid could draw a filmation evilseed if you wanna go there. Really look at him. I am a way bigger filmation fan overall but even filmation marzo looks more like a circus character than one that fits into the He-man line. I guess its just to each his own. I like the characters that look more menacing and evil. I am all for filmation characters but I think they did a great job with Marzo overall and hope evilseed with have a lot of 200x influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Isn't he more like an artichoke head?

Maybe I'm in the minority but the 200X characters are my least liked faction. None of the characters designs appeal to me. Didn't care for Carnivus, Faceless One, Marzo, Dekker etc. I like them but they just seem so bland compared to the other characters. I want to see some more Na, Pop, and Filmation ranks filled before we get anymore 200X. I know many will disagree, but they just don't excite me as much.

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Well then we can disagree. I support what everyone else wants and buy every figure but vykron. 200x evilseed at least has some character to him. Its not what you say is an "asparagus head" with a black robe. 200x evilseed has a lot of detail in the character. I'd be willing to bet a elementary school kid could draw a filmation evilseed if you wanna go there. Really look at him. I am a way bigger filmation fan overall but even filmation marzo looks more like a circus character than one that fits into the He-man line. I guess its just to each his own. I like the characters that look more menacing and evil. I am all for filmation characters but I think they did a great job with Marzo overall and hope evilseed with have a lot of 200x influence.
    I completely agree with this idea on both of these characters as well as King Miro.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Light Hope would actually be pretty cool and more exciting than the rock warriors.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like Light Hope in humanoid form, especially if he had design elements from the (animated) Crystal Castle. If so, Light Hope would be a good companion for Castle Grayskullman.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Light Hope would actually be pretty cool and more exciting than the rock warriors.
    I'm exactly the opposite. I'd take either but Rock Warriors were some of my favorites back in the day and I would be super excited if they were the exclusive.

C'mon Matty announce it!!!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Maybe it'll be a mighty spector variant. Maybe we'll get a heart on his chest this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    I'm exactly the opposite. I'd take either but Rock Warriors were some of my favorites back in the day and I would be super excited if they were the exclusive.

C'mon Matty announce it!!!
    I remember finding the Rock Warriors with my mother for the first time when I was a kid... It was at a Bradlee's department store in MA. They were not on the pegs but were stocked hidden up on an upper shelf. I was amazed by both of them! I CANNOT WAIT for the rock men!!! I HOPE it is them (and I hope they do them the right way)!

I'll need to see a human form Light Hope before I denounce it. I'm finicky that way.
    The idea could be cool though. It's all about the design. If it is for SDCC and has special packaging, then they could do a light-up diorama that you could just take the figure out of and WHAM - screen accurate Light Hope. But for people who like the figure design, you've got that too.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Light Hope???....

With all the characters yet to be made and the fact that we'll likely get less slots in 2014, I think that this would be a bad move. We don't need a Light Hope figure a la Horde Prime at this point of the line. The previous rumors (Madame Razz, Rock People, Filmation Hordak with Imp, Evilseed...) at least dealt with highly requested characters for many collectors... But Light Hope...

With the disappointment of Vykron last year, I'm really expecting something better this year...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

If we are ever going to get a Light Hope then a SDCC exclusive (Or the sub line or travelling exclusive) is the best place for him honestly. Just like with Vykron... a character that had some "cult appeal" and some interest from avid "want everything" type collectors but could be missed if you were not that interested. That is exactly what an exclusive out of the sub character should be. I don't think Vykron was a disapointment, other that the mechanics of the toy being a bit flawed.

I know we are in a different ball game now that the roadmap has been scrapped and from next year we are getting core characters, so this SDCC is the last chance really for characters like this before say 2016. I am not exactly crying out for a Light Hope figure, but I have every faith that the 4HM will deliver if that is what we are getting and that helmet/mask they showed months ago looks kinda like a good guy version of Horde Prime's mask... which is why I said at the time a Light Hope could very much be on the cards.

I am optimistic the line will continue for long enough for us to get Rock Warriors, Scorpia, Evilseed, Two-Bad and everybody... folks just need to be a bit patient. So maybe we should be excited about the last few slots being more unpredictable?

Cannot wait to see what we are getting
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**