Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    That's a bummer. I was really hoping for today and kept checking the Org all day today. I hope that it's next week.
    Why is it always the last possible moment? LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Well, looks like we're not getting the reveal today afterall .
    Why do you say this? The day is not over yet.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It's only just after noon Pacific time where Mattell is located. So if they were to reveal something today, there's still time. I would assume they would do it during "business hours," which could mean we could potentially still hear something in the next few hours. I'm hoping, at least.

Come on Mattel. This needs to happen today.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Why do you say this? The day is not over yet.
    Well, normally they seem to update early afternoon usually (like 12-3 est) at the latest. But, who knows?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Why is it always the last possible moment? LOL
    Wouldn't the last possible moment be 30 seconds or so before they go on sale?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Mattel has some sort of corporate mantra about pleasing the customers. It seems to be aimed at keeping us on our toes. Why show off the SDCC exclusives at the same timeframe as the past couple years? When they say they got them in a couple of weeks ago?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Mattel has some sort of corporate mantra about pleasing the customers. It seems to be aimed at keeping us on our toes. Why show off the SDCC exclusives at the same timeframe as the past couple years? When they say they got them in a couple of weeks ago?
    Because they're not ready yet? We have no idea how long it takes them to get in good pictures. Toyguru has said before that Matty Collector isn't exactly on the top of the list at Mattel when it comes to this stuff.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Because they're not ready yet? We have no idea how long it takes them to get in good pictures. Toyguru has said before that Matty Collector isn't exactly on the top of the list at Mattel when it comes to this stuff.
    Since when has matty been concerned with good pictures? This isn't just a natty thing, SDCC is a big thing for Mattel.

This has to do with people thinking that delaying the reveals will build anticipation and sales.

J

I was so hoping for a Friday reveal that I could enjoy over the weekend ... [sigh] seems not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    But, it's not a cape, it's a full body cloak. Exactly like Shadow Weaver. Putting a plastic removable cloak over the standard size buck WILL look bad. Imagine how Shadow Weaver would have looked if they used the standard female buck and put a red plastic cloak over it?
    I wonder with if we've seen how the 4H will handle Evilseed in the Queen Marlena figure - the removable armless cloak/dress. Clearly using armless will not totally recreate the Filmation look, but swap on a vintage head and cloak and we are 90% there. Cloak off, 200x head, Clissicizer look for MYP Seedy.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I guess we'll see it whenever we see it. Is it always a Friday? I thought they revealed these on weekends before. I just hope we all like it. I'd settle for just me liking it, but I'd really love to see people united with some hype and anticipation on this one.

But, it's not a cape, it's a full body cloak. Exactly like Shadow Weaver. Putting a plastic removable cloak over the standard size buck WILL look bad. Imagine how Shadow Weaver would have looked if they used the standard female buck and put a red plastic cloak over it?
    For the record I'd like either version, but I think if the Filmation design turns up in Classics it is going to be compromised more than the 200x would be just by design of the line. I'd be ready for that if I where you. Evilseed isn't Shadow Weaver or Ram Man or Mantenna or any of the characters that have had special parts made for them, so if he gets them that would be above and beyond what I think we should expect. Not saying it won't happen, but I honestly think they'll settle for a plastic throw-over cape and an alternate head. It might bulkier than the original design, but I look at Marlena's sleeves and remember that they won't always go the extra mile for a Filmation design if it's too hard to make from existing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    If you're a creature made of plants I don't see why you should look muscular anyway. Give me old asparagus head Filmation Evilseed any day.
    Er, to fight muscular Mossman maybe? It's the conceit of the line though, we've got muscular insect men even muscular cameras, so I don't know why 200x Evilseed should be singled out.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Ok, I think I see what you're talking about now. Though I think that's more of a robe than an actual cloak. I thought it was just a cape or cloak that went all the way round. It does seem to have sleeves which would get in the way of having both looks now that I have a closer look at it, but that's more to do with the robes having sleeves. The arms of the figure would have to be sculpted that way and it would be too much hassle having separate 200X arms and have the body of the robe be removable. Though I don't think a 200X head would necessarily look goofy with on a robed body, it would be more of "what is the point if that's all you see?".

Though a cape or cloak may not be exactly like the filmation, I still think it would be a nice compromise in a figure with nods to both. It could be in a style reminiscent of the Filmation robes. That and make the body a darker green with a Filmation and 200X style head I think could easily work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Now, he could have mailed them to me, I could have taken the picture with my 5 year old camera, downloaded them and emailed the pictures to him and then mailed the figures back to him by now. So, the fact that it would take them this long to shoot the photos seems excessive. These are not just Matty photos though, these are for SDCC, the second biggest toy reveal in the US and the biggest pop culture show in the world. So they may want to get them exactly right. I guess we can do nothing but wait........Waiting......waiting....snooze........ .....

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Guys,

Please wake me on 30th of April. Until then...............

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

After finally getting my Snakeface I think the exclusive will be stone version with a snake armor He-man. It would make sense since the could have cranked out more molds recently of snake face. Plus the paint app would be cheaper on him. And snake armor he-man is just new armor and weapons.

Also the bios of the 2 would go together.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    After finally getting my Snakeface I think the exclusive will be stone version with a snake armor He-man. It would make sense since the could have cranked out more molds recently of snake face. Plus the paint app would be cheaper on him. And snake armor he-man is just new armor and weapons.

Also the bios of the 2 would go together.
    No offense, but I highly doubt it. If they were going to do an alternate version of an existing figure for SDCC as one of the exclusives (I say one of, because I think people would be happy if the only exclusive we got was of an existing figure!), I think they would go with one that has been more demanded, such as cardback colors Ram Man or Filmation Hordak.

Heroic Warrior
    My official guess is Too-Bad.

Tuvar and Badrah with respectively detachable parts that go on the "combined" Two-Bad torso. The con exclusive version is the exact same with reversed colors. This is all I can come up with. This will be the most expensive SDCC exclusive yet (it's 2+ figures) at around $60.

It's also very likely the exclusive could be pure Filmation or '87 Movie related (less likely), of which I can not make a good deduction.

I also feel there could be two SDCC exclusives. One- the over-sized package deal (like Two-Bad) and the other a regular figure from a different faction. Not something small and demographically aimed like POP Polly Pockets. It will be a character like Queen Angela. The addition of this figure will be to push a POP sub going live next year. Club Eternia will be downsized a teeny bit (around 4 figures/$100) but Club Etheria will have 6 figures and the Filmation Sub will continue with 6 figures.

That's my best guess and I'll be sure to quote this message later if any of it comes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    No offense, but I highly doubt it. If they were going to do an alternate version of an existing figure for SDCC as one of the exclusives (I say one of, because I think people would be happy if the only exclusive we got was of an existing figure!), I think they would go with one that has been more demanded, such as cardback colors Ram Man or Filmation Hordak.
    I think Snake armor He-man is just as wanted as repainted Hordak and Ram-man. The only reason I was thinking a repaint of Snake face was because it would be cheap and it goes perfectly with Snake Armor He-man since he was able to turn Snake face to stone.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm really surprised we haven't found out what the SDCC exclusive item is. I thought we would know by now!

Anyway, I would LOVE the SDCC item to be Songster and Mattel would give a free gift of The Power Tour on DVD (a way around rights issues, paying people, etc...since it's a free gift with purchase ). I would really love that. Songster is cool and I've always wanted to see the Power Tour! That would be an amazing exclusive, in my opinion.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Honesty I would prefer a toyguru video than pics of the sdcc item.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Anyway, I would LOVE the SDCC item to be Songster and Mattel would give a free gift of The Power Tour on DVD (a way around rights issues, paying people, etc...since it's a free gift with purchase ). I would really love that. Songster is cool and I've always wanted to see the Power Tour! That would be an amazing exclusive, in my opinion.
    Just pitching in - this would make me so happy, can you imagine having the Power Tour on DVD? Oh the so bad it's so good joy of it. And I'd like to see Songster get a figure too.

I wish they'd hurry up with this reveal as well, after this reveal I can sit back and wait for July

I'm wondering now: two exclusives?

Rokkon and Stonedar...

Light Hope and Kowl....?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Widget
    I would love snake armor he-man give him the assesories to make king greyskull and packaged that way for sdcc and package him as he man for matty.com!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm wondering now: two exclusives?

Rokkon and Stonedar...

Light Hope and Kowl....?
    I still think its Light Spinner and not Light Hope...
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

It seems a little early for a late summer reveal, doesn't it?

Any ETA, though?