Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    NA skeletor.

• A cyborg zombie version of the most iconic 80's villain will appeal to a lot of non MOTUC collectors, it could even grab a few more.
    • Having him out at the same time of NA He-Man might help sales of both, especially with a good marketing push/opportunity of SDCC.
    • Seeing that he-man statue done up in NA styling will get people talking,.
    • A well written free mini comic might convince people that the NA is cooler then they remember especially since it features Skeletor as a cyborg zombie who now rules the Horde Empire
    • NA skeletor has two primary designs; The original and Disk of Doom. If done up like Vykron [but less cheaply produced] he wouldn't have to take up a subscription slot, much less two!
    • He could be repainted into Laser Light Skeletor, one of the most rare and expensive vintage MOTU toys!

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Wouldn't mind if it was oo-lar if they included several heads with him( alcala heman head with original vintage toy head). If they done that, then it would round off most variants of he-man that people have asked for.

Just a standard male buck( in the same skin tone as he-man), longer loincloth like KG, barefoot, bare wrists, with wooden spear and boxed with alcala head on. Surrounding it would vintage toy head and filmation head to enable fans to mix and match to create their favourite style of he-man.

Plain and simple.
    Good idea. but I would hope he doesn't reuse the KG loincloth as the original he-man before encountering "The Sorceress" had no belt.
    Also I think this would be a good place to but a 2nd head for Wonder Bread He-Man and/or Ceril from the 1982 DC comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I presume it'll be a two-pack of Rokkon and Stonedar then.

They seem like the most obvious two-pack, so I'm hardly surprised.
    I dunno, I think a 3-pack would be better; Rokkon, Granita or Calix with a single carded Stonedar.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 15, 2013 at 04:32am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I think a 3 pack of King Miro, Captain Randor, and Prince Keldor would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    NA skeletor.
    If a NA Skeletor, Discs of Doom Skeletor, Laser Light Skeletor Vikron like set came out, I'd buy three in a heartbeat. Heck, if they included helmetless Skeletor head from the final six episodes if NA, I might go in for a fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I dunno, I think a 3-pack would be better; Rokkon, Granita or Calix with a single carded Stonedar.
    Oh I agree completely - a three pack would be amazing, I just don't see it happening after the FFM debacle. I expect the exclusive to be Rokkon and Stonedar - they're the most obvious choice for a two-pack.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Since it seems that variants are pretty much weaned out in the subscription lineup at this point, I see Filmation Hordak with Imp as a real possibility and would love to add it to my collection. The line is not complete without this Filmation version of Hordak.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think there might be more than one exclusive... Kind of like 2011... But I still guess the Rock Warriors as the main thing. . And I hope that happens.
    Me too, but I need to see how the Horsemen do them before I buy them. I just don't want any cheap chunky snap on parts ala Vykron that make them look bad.

I really think it's gonna be Battle Armor ToyGuru with a giant axe that he uses to killen teh lien.

I would be ecstatic with the Rock Warriors three pack & Filmation Hordak & Imp or Madame Razz/Broom & Loo-Kee.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I would be ecstatic with the Rock Warriors three pack & Filmation Hordak & Imp or Madame Razz/Broom & Loo-Kee.
    Any of these three option would be great! I just hope we won't get another obscure He-Man concept guy.

I have mixed feelings towards a "He-ro son of He-Man" 2 pack with Dare versus Skeleteen. While I believe that it would be a cool addition to the line, I think Mattel has to take every opportunity to give us highly requested characters from now on. I wouldn't mind such a pack only if other requested characters were released in the mean time (Rock People, Madame Razz... whatever).
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'll probably be very happy if SDCC exclusive would reveal to be one of the followings :
    3 pak Stonedar/Rokkon/Granita or
    4 pak filmation madame razz/broom/kowl/loo kee
    Last edited by triklops1; March 17, 2013 at 03:28pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

I hope Scott has seen over the last year how the consumers want Granita and he is smart enough to have her in a 3-pack with Stonedar and Rokkon. But, if it has to be a 2-pack, have it be Rokkon and Granita, and sell Stonedar in the sub. That's the way to go.

I also hope they do them right and refrain from reusing parts, since both Rokkon and Stonedar have completely new sculpts that don't have anything new, and and that goes for Granita too. If they are indeed the SDCC item, I'd hope they'd spring for a bigger tooling budget and sculpt them properly.

If not a Rock Warrior 3-pack, then I am hoping for Stridor/Night Stalker or a movie figure 3-pack (Blade/Saurod/Gwildor).

And, if they decide to throw in something 2nd item that was a little more obscure, I would hope for the Masks of Power Demons 2-pack, Mer-Man's Octopus, or Teela's Golden Unicorn.

And if they really wanted to go nuts and have a 3rd item, then I hope it's the Wind Raider Pilot or Red Beast, to either finish out the concept trio or the box art pilots.

Heroic Warrior
    There's no way they're going to have 3 unique sculpts as a SDCC item. There's no need for them to be packed together anyway.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Yeah, I don't see them going for a $75+ item as an SDCC exclusive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Yeah, I don't see them going for a $75+ item as an SDCC exclusive.
    Wasn't the Hotwheels He-man van $100 last year?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I hope Scott has seen over the last year how the consumers want Granita and he is smart enough to have her in a 3-pack with Stonedar and Rokkon. But, if it has to be a 2-pack, have it be Rokkon and Granita, and sell Stonedar in the sub. That's the way to go.

I also hope they do them right and refrain from reusing parts, since both Rokkon and Stonedar have completely new sculpts that don't have anything new, and and that goes for Granita too. If they are indeed the SDCC item, I'd hope they'd spring for a bigger tooling budget and sculpt them properly.

I have been seeing alot on the exclusive being the Stone Warriors but am not sure where people are getting this idea from. Has there been hints or anything with them being a possibility? Besides, shouldn't we know what the exclusive is anytime soon now?

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I have been seeing alot on the exclusive being the Stone Warriors but am not sure where people are getting this idea from. Has there been hints or anything with them being a possibility? Besides, shouldn't we know what the exclusive is anytime soon now?
    I think we should know in April...and I wondered too about the rock warriors, I haven't really seen anythign that would point to them, though it would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Wasn't the Hotwheels He-man van $100 last year?
    Yeah, but that was the Hot Wheels team not the MOTUC team. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I think Mattel wants to move as many units as possible for whatever they make the exclusive and a $75+ item would limit how many they could sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Yeah, but that was the Hot Wheels team not the MOTUC team. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I think Mattel wants to move as many units as possible for whatever they make the exclusive and a $75+ item would limit how many they could sell.
    You can still buy that MOTU Hot Wheels van for $100 on their web site. I really liked it, but not worth spending that kind of money on it. Star Wars has been need the $100 mark for the past couple of years. Hell, Stay Puft was $70.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Yeah.... I think the MOTUC SDCC Exclusive(s) will be priced from $30.00 to $50.00 MAX ! I don't see them giving an 80 or 90.00 item as exclusive.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I don't see why not, Hasbro does it and they always seem to sell out.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'd be happy with a Horde Trooper 2-pack

I am thinking Modulok. It is one of Scott's most wanted
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I think GOAT MAN would be a great exclusive. Sure I may be the only one, but he fits the exclusive "motif" for sure. (cough, hint, cough, wink)
    If not, Rokkon (SDCC) and Stonedar (MattyCollector) variants with separate Comet forms included would be Amazeballs!
    However, since 2013 seems to be Filmation-centric Im gonna agree with the very wise t00th fixer, yodafreakmaster. Filmation Hordak with Imp makes the most sense. He needs a removable arm (ala TrapJaw) so we can switch it to his arm cannon, and he's perfect.
    Last edited by NastyNate; March 18, 2013 at 08:51pm.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    I think GOAT MAN would be a great exclusive. Sure I may be the only one, but he fits the exclusive "motif" for sure. (cough, hint, cough, wink)
    If not, Rokkon (SDCC) and Stonedar (MattyCollector) variants with separate Comet forms included would be Amazeballs!
    However, since 2013 seems to be Filmation-centric Im gonna agree with the very wise t00th fixer, yodafreakmaster. Filmation Hordak with Imp makes the most sense. He needs a removable arm (ala TrapJaw) so we can switch it to his arm cannon, and he's perfect.
    I am really hoping Goat Man is the next traveling con exclusive.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    I really think it's gonna be Battle Armor ToyGuru with a giant axe that he uses to killen teh lien.
    Probably more like Battle armor Spector with lazer sowrd that he uses to be taken for the ass.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.