Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    If not, Rokkon (SDCC) and Stonedar (MattyCollector) variants with separate Comet forms included would be Amazeballs!
    However, since 2
    Collectors would crack it if you could only get Rokkon at san diego and Stondar at matty, (not to mention EA means SDCC could a sub only exclusive with fast sell out ) Which mens not Rock men for DOS buyers... the forums would burn with spite... (rest of the world will still turn and function though )

Also i have noticed Scott saying "Dare" is not a part of 2014 sub, "Dare" is not a part of 13 sub, Dare is the type of character we would look at for 2015.

Now Dare could be different from He-Ro (the 2nd) and could be a Con exclusive live the 1st... its a long shot but i think he is my dark horse...
    Last edited by eddie3429; March 19, 2013 at 07:12am. Reason: new idea

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Things like the rock men can be done in the regular line, so I doubt that would be a real possibility here. SDCC is an opportunity to do things that are a bit out of the ordinary, things you'd have to come up with a special SKU for in the regular line. I think Modulock would fit into that category; if he's done like Plastic Man, with lots of parts, he'd probably be hard to fit into the beast category because of price (due to tooling costs he might come in at a higher cost than even Rammy). Same with Multibot. Something like Razz and Broom would be too much for a normal slot but maybe not enough to justify a beast slot.

I thnk after the lackluster reception Vykron got last year, Mattel will go with something fan demanded this time, and it will be something a bit harder to fit into the regular line categories. That's what Mattel seems to see the SDCC exclusives as now, a chance to use the resources for something that doesn't quite fit elsewhere. Rock people, NA Skeletor, and other figures that could be a monthly choice for the sub are very unlikely. Even someone like Dare, if he were planned for this year, would likely be in a monthly slot, not at SDCC.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Whatever the exclusive ends up being, I just hope that it's handled in a roughly similar manner as the Marlena/Cringer pack and Vykron in which the only difference between the version sold at SDCC and version(s) sold on Matty is the way they are packed out in the box, but with the figures and accessories themselves being otherwise identical.

I'd prefer this over there being an actual difference in the actual figure (i.e. Orko).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I always figured that Modulok would be a SDCC exclusive when we finally got him.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I could see Mod as a SDCC exclusive but if you listen to the roast gooble dinner, Eric of the fourhosemen is clearly pondering how they would even approach him, considering figures are made a year out plus i highly doubt he will be this years SDCC X , maybe next year though!

I think this year's SDCC exclusive may be New Adventures Skeletor as a deluxe high-piece count figure; this way he would come with many pieces to recreate all of his various looks from New Adventures. Otherwise 2013 will be the first year without a Skeletor variation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    I think this year's SDCC exclusive may be New Adventures Skeletor as a deluxe high-piece count figure; this way he would come with many pieces to recreate all of his various looks from New Adventures. Otherwise 2013 will be the first year without a Skeletor variation.
    I'd love to see a three in one figure, but his first NA look and second NA look are so far apart, I think it'd take too many pieces to switch between the two. Although, those Tank Top clip on boots/leg armor would look pretty snazzy for the DoD Skeletor feet...hmmm...

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I want a DELUXE HE-MAN!!!!! with alternate Filmation head, articulated wrists, and a 'I have the poweeeeeeer' voice chip.

I mean, they did that super cool batcave for Batman last year... With sound chip etc... It's time for He-man to get a little sound chip LED lights display / love!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I'd love to see a three in one figure, but his first NA look and second NA look are so far apart, I think it'd take too many pieces to switch between the two. Although, those Tank Top clip on boots/leg armor would look pretty snazzy for the DoD Skeletor feet...hmmm...
    Exactly, I think it could be done fairly easily. I think we'll get all the different pieces to make 1st release Skeletor and DoD Skeletor. I don't think they'll actually re-create the pieces from the toy Battle Blade Skelly, though, since in the cartoon he was just DoD Skelly unhelmeted...my guess is they would just have 3 swappable pieces to fit on top of his head, similar to Vykron. A helmet (for regular NA Skeletor), a flappy box helmet (DoD Skeletor) and a piece with a crown or whatever that piece was meant to be and rooted hair (Battle Blade Skeletor). This could actually be a really awesome way to approach NA Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly, I think it could be done fairly easily. I think we'll get all the different pieces to make 1st release Skeletor and DoD Skeletor. I don't think they'll actually re-create the pieces from the toy Battle Blade Skelly, though, since in the cartoon he was just DoD Skelly unhelmeted...my guess is they would just have 3 swappable pieces to fit on top of his head, similar to Vykron. A helmet (for regular NA Skeletor), a flappy box helmet (DoD Skeletor) and a piece with a crown or whatever that piece was meant to be and rooted hair (Battle Blade Skeletor). This could actually be a really awesome way to approach NA Skeletor.
    Ok, liking where this is going...and it would guarantee multiple sales...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I want a DELUXE HE-MAN!!!!! with alternate Filmation head, articulated wrists, and a 'I have the poweeeeeeer' voice chip.

I mean, they did that super cool batcave for Batman last year... With sound chip etc... It's time for He-man to get a little sound chip LED lights display / love!!!!
    You KNOW I agree 100%!!!

Throw in Alcala and 200X heads and the saying "you can't please everyone all the time" will, at least for one wonderful moment, be untrue!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; March 21, 2013 at 01:47am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm rooting for Eldor being the 2014 exclusive

Kinda on but also off topic, I am hoping the DCUC SDCC exclusive is a DKR Superman using the MOTU buck

I guess it will be Gwildor this year!
    With the chicken bucket as the convention version!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    You KNOW I agree 100%!!!

Throw in Alcala and 200X heads and the saying "you can't please everyone all the time" will, at least for one wonderful moment, be untrue!
    I would like this one too! Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    I guess it will be Gwildor this year!
    With the chicken bucket as the convention version!
    NO! I want the chicken bucket to be packed in with him no matter what. My Gwildor needs his Robbie's Ribs!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    NO! I want the chicken bucket to be packed in with him no matter what. My Gwildor needs his Robbie's Ribs!
    Maybe it will be Kayo since TG keeps saying they may not get ot him in the regular line.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...What if it's a two-pack of DC "modern" He-Man & Skeletor?!?? Let the angst begin...
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    You KNOW I agree 100%!!!

You guys are nuts - we're already getting two He-Man variants this year. We don't need a third.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Its not a variant! Its an updated new sculpt of the MAIN GUY of this toyline. Don't you think this buck from 2008 is getting old? It's time for a makeover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    I bet you the SDCC exclusive will be "Time Teen, son of Spector" !

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Never really considered a Vykron approach to NA Bonehead. I agree with DVD that it would require a good number of parts, but it would likely also be the only way to get the NA Skelly variants. That would be a worthy candidate here, and one I'd look very much forward to if the presentation is better than Vykron. Some of that clip on stuff was rather cheesy; I'd much prefer any such parts to be made with straps to hold them in place like the Man-at-Arms and Royal Guard pieces.

Done right, I like this idea a lot.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Whatever the exclusive is, I wonder what the difference will be between the Con version and Matty. I'm almost hoping that the Con folks get a Lookee, Imp, or Meteorb.

I think anything that might be a quarterly slotted figure would be a great Con exclusive... Stridor, Modulok, Razz with broom, Movie figure 2 pack (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor), Rock People 2-3 pack, etc. Any of these would be great.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I think it's Modulok. There is a rumor that the SCDCC exclusive is one of Scott's favorites. Scott had Modulok as a kid and he loves the Horde. And all the reasons listed above about how they can spend more tooling dollars on SDCC exclusives and they make more of the SDCC than any other figure. It only makes sence. Unless it is a vehicle...
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Songster or Plundor - either of which I'd be psyched to get