Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 2013 SDCC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Did you miss the part of my post about his inclusion in the mini-comic? Why else would he make a random appearance like that? How is that any different than Vykron last year?
    To tell a story, just like Scrollos. There are lots of random appearances in the mini comics. I doubt we're getting a Scrollos pack in with Songster either.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    People really need to give up on this idea that a Tuvar and Baddrah are somehow going to "snap together" to make a Two Bad figure. That doesn't even logistically make sense. And, even if they could figure out a way to make that work, I'm sure the sculpt would be significantly compromised by the action feature. I'd like to think that they wouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    People really need to give up on this idea that a Tuvar and Baddrah are somehow going to "snap together" to make a Two Bad figure. That doesn't even logistically make sense. And, even if they could figure out a way to make that work, I'm sure the sculpt would be significantly compromised by the action feature. I'd like to think that they wouldn't do that.
    Agreed. Making them snap together would significantly alter the sculpt in order to accommodate the engineering. It's not worth it. It's better to give us Two-Bad as a regular figure, and then maybe release a 2-pack of Tuvar and Baddrah later down the road. It's one of Cornboy's most anticipated characters. I highly doubt the 4H will make it anything less than perfect.

As far as the other "spoiler" characters, most of them have been rumored or anticipated for a long time, so I don't have much faith in this source. Any number of them could show up and it would be common sense, due to the timing of things and what's already been revealed.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; March 25, 2013 at 10:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Not at all why?

I'm not saying I like the idea but only that it seems pretty obvious. I truly hope that's not the case and that I'm wrong but would it really surprise anyone?

For the record, I think we will get 2 exclusives. One being Modulok and the other being Songster.
    For one, I really don't want Songster.

Besides that, people always read into every name dropped. Every time somebody is mentioned in a bio, people start claiming that is proof that the character is going to come out any moment now. It has been said time and again that it means nothing.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    For one, I really don't want Songster.

Besides that, people always read into every name dropped. Every time somebody is mentioned in a bio, people start claiming that is proof that the character is going to come out any moment now. It has been said time and again that it means nothing.
    I would love a songster

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Agreed. Making them snap together would significantly alter the sculpt in order to accommodate the engineering. It's not worth it. It's better to give us Two-Bad as a regular figure, and then maybe release a 2-pack of Tuvar and Baddrah later down the road. It's one of Cornboy's most anticipated characters. I highly doubt the 4H will make it anything less than perfect.

As far as the other "spoiler" characters, most of them have been rumored or anticipated for a long time, so I don't have much faith in this source. Any number of them could show up and it would be common sense, due to the timing of things and what's already been revealed.
    I agree. The only thing that kind of caught me off guard, was that I heard the exact same thing from multiple unrelated sources. Nothing was a major "reveal" , but I heard it from enough independant sources that it sounded legit to me.

***As far as doing a Two Bad set, we have a swappable torso with King hiss, swappable arm with trap Jaw, a swappable leg would not be out of the question either, so the engineering of it really isn't impossible...that is why it sounded so plausable to me.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Okay----here is what I found out. I double checked and it seems that the first week of March there was some info allegedly "leaked" on another board. I have differing info on which board, a couple people said it was here, some others said they saw it on the Fwoosh, while others said IGN---either way, it was removed less than several hours after being posted, because I cannot fine it. The info came via a new member of the board who claimed to have a friend that worked with the 4H. They then possibly "leaked" out the SDCC exclusive, along with some other figs that they didn't know the order of....I can't confirm whether any of this info is legit, but it sounds a lot like what happened last year...

So I am just going to post the figs that this guy apparently "leaked", and let anyone that has any inside knowledge confirm, deny or ignore.

Again, this was told to me by several different, unrelated folks that reported seeing the leaks, so I have no way to know if this is true or just someone trying to play bigshot as we have seen before.
    I call BS on what was said to be leaked. We have a member on here who's info is always right. I will trust any hints BCRDuke gives us and nothing more since too many people like to play bigshot and post false info just to get everyone worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post

Someone here on the org did a cool schematic of how Two Bad could work... http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...culation/page5

Songster would be horrible in my opinion, travesty.

I doubt it's Two Bad anyway.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I call BS on what was said to be leaked. We have a member on here who's info is always right. I will trust any hints BCRDuke gives us and nothing more since too many people like to play bigshot and post false info just to get everyone worked up.
    Thats exactly what I am hoping to see. Because nobody that I heard this from has any direct knowledge or sources for this stuff, and I know Brian as well a couple of the other DO have reliable sources they hear this from. I reiterate, I heard the SAME info from SO MANY different people that I thought it was an official leak that everyone knew about, and I was surprised that so few had heard the same info I did. I am not trying to play bigshot here, I am just trying to get the bottom of what is turning out to be a very complicated coincidence.

i would prefer Dare or Eldor but the Two-bad thing would be cool too.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I don't think the SDCC exclusive will be a snap together Two-Bad / Tuvar & Baddra 2-pack.

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I just don't have much faith in that rumor
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

There is absolutely no reason to make Two-Bad that way. He wasn't like that as a vintage figure, so he shouldn't be in classics. Plus, the 4H already said it wasn't going to happen, so there is no point to even considering it. Besides, Two-bad was originally one character that happened to have 2 heads. The characters of Tuvar and Baddrah were a MYP creation, and should be considered two variants. You can't compare this to Trapjaw, because it's not just a head and arm swap. There is a lot more going on and it wouldn't work well. On paper, sure, but in reality, the sculpt would be compromised.

WOW...Lodar would be a very nice reveal...love the look of him!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I don't think the SDCC exclusive will be a snap together Two-Bad / Tuvar & Baddra 2-pack.

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I just don't have much faith in that rumor
    Thank you for clarifying Care to weigh-in on the other info, or is that all we get?

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think this info is correct to an extent, but the order is wrong. I think it's a given that the Rock Warriors are the SDCC exclusive.

Two-Bad sounds like a 2014 item, along with Scorpia and Hydron. I thought Dactys and Ninjor would be coming in 2013, but Scott said we were getting another Filmation character in the main sub (so Dactys and Ninjor can't both be coming in 2013) Since one slot is Geldor, that just leaves 2 unknown slots for 2013...
    I would be excited for another Filmation character in the main sub line for this year. Of the two other mentioned figures, I would prefer Ninjor over Dactys. It may be Dactys because he's been rumored for so long and it fits in with a 200X character being offered late in the year, like Dekker last year.

Heroic Warrior
    Where did Scott say we were getting another Filmation character in the main sub this year?

Who's Dactys?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Could a new Catra be on her way?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Could a new Catra be on her way?
    TG already stated that the next couple of years are dedicated to characters from Vintage and POP that haven't been released yet and that variants like Shower Power Catra were totally backburnered (he named her specifically).
    I'm huge into POP, but the last thing we need is another variant. There are too many characters to get to to waste a sku on a variant like this one. Don't let this thread turn into POP vs anyone else, the same can be said for almost any variant vs unreleased character. I think the only 2 exceptions that most of the fanbase is on board with are Filmation Hordak and NA Skeletor.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I hope Calix is revealed at some point. I would prefer him over Dactys.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I for one would love a Two bad done the way JoeyCruel Suggested as an exclusive. It would be AMAZING!!!

^ That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I think the only 2 exceptions that most of the fanbase is on board with are Filmation Hordak and NA Skeletor.
    Those are actually 2 of the ones I would want least, ha! Not sure if 'most' would be on board with these, but definitely a good number.

I would definitely be on board Filmation Hordak. He’s pretty much near the top of my “Most Wanted” list. Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    Those are actually 2 of the ones I would want least, ha! Not sure if 'most' would be on board with these, but definitely a good number.
    I'm indifferent to them, I prefer new characters, but I wouldn't complain about these two. I see fans requesting them a lot more than any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Where did Scott say we were getting another Filmation character in the main sub this year?

Who's Dactys?
    In the New York Toy Fair presentation video where Scott spoke about the Filmation subscription reveal, he said we'd still be getting Filmation characters in the main sub and actually there was still a Filmation character yet to be revealed in the main sub. I bet someone posted the footage on YouTube, as I believe that's where I saw the footage...

Lord Dactys is a character from the 2002 He-Man cartoon. Truth be told it's ages since I last watched my DVD's so I forget who exactly he is!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Sssqueeze, 5/Peekablue, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.