Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #6 - DC Comics - SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    The word **** didn't evolve at all , it means the ' act', and ****** is what you call then ,
    And as far as it's meaning ,... stupid or obnoxious are nothing to do with the word, it means what it means, always has always will
    According to the dictionary there IS a second meaning - 2. A detestable person - which is what she was referring to. It's like calling someone a jerk. You're not suggesting the sexual nature of anything, but you are saying they're detestable.

I'm really fascinated with the concept that Adam has and is the power and the sword just is the key to channel that power. This gives to Adam a magnitude like never before.
    Now he is not just a boy who was lucky to have a magic sword, he is the very power...LOVE IT!
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; February 4, 2013 at 05:51pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

While I don't agree with everything DC's put forth here, overall, I am really enjoying the new take. And that's what it is. A new take. Of many takes. There will be others. This one will just stand on its own as it's own thing.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I stand by my Fang Man as the big evil theory.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    At this point it would make as much sense as Orko.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    If Orko has gone bad, we could see a tie in to the old MOTU movie with the appearance of Gwildor. This could be how he came into He-Man's life and the first use of the cosmic Key... Would be a great story

I still think a possessed Orko would be awesome.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    The word **** didn't evolve at all , it means the "act", and a ****** is what you would call them.
    As far as it's meaning... stupid or obnoxious have nothing to do with the word. It means what it means. Always has, always will.
    I can see that many people may only know one meaning for this word, or they're more accustomed to one meaning over the other. I'm actually fine if Teela used either. Assuming we're still talking about the same word, as the censoring makes it a little difficult to follow.

There are other definitions though published online. I didn't just make it up, even if my explanation didn't work for you. A quick google search will help track those down.

In the end it's an art form, and how you personally react to it though. Same goes for the art style, the story, all that. So readers will read how they choose to. Some people think anything publicly sold should be tailored to the consumer. And that makes good sense if they want high success.

I personally believe that all artist should be able to take their own liberties and represent their subject matter as they interpret it. It's not the same for everybody, and change, even if a striking departure, is all part of the creative process.

That's hard to swallow for a lot of people, for a lot of different reasons, even fellow artist who are overly attached to the subject matter. People want what they want.

I'd actually be okay if it were Fangman. I like the possessed Orko or alternate Trollain idea a little better.

I wonder if people would be upset if they just did a bad job at hinting at/designing Hordak. I don't think it's Hordak, even though I did first read, when I didn't over analyze the designs. That would be one hilarious letdown though! I would laugh at least.

An evil Trollain is top of my list. Like on Eternia their power is wonky, so one has learned to use the skull to channel their power over to Eternia, and wherever they are, maybe their power is magnified. Alright, I'll stop making stuff up. Could be fun though.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; February 5, 2013 at 10:10am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Warrior
    Ha yeah, I hear you, but I just think the writer on this does the worst dialogue, my daddy didn't raise no collateral damage!!!! It sounds like ghetto Ebonics,
    It just does not work, but then this is from a guy that thinks they should bring back 'Thor talk'

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    That is an uncomfortable line. I can see maybe they were trying to include a MAA reference, and still make it seem casual, and quick. But yeah, that didn't feel right at all.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I'm really fascinated with the concept that Adam has and is the power and the sword just is the key to channel that power. This gives to Adam a magnitude like never before.
    Now he is not just a boy who was lucky to have a magic sword, he is the very power...LOVE IT!
    I like their approach aswell. The way I undestood it was that the power chooses a host and Adam was whom it chose.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    At this point it would make as much sense as Orko.
    Having ANY other character as the supreme baddie makes more sense than Orko. It'd be like revealing that Darth Vader takes his orders from Jar Jar Binks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    And I do like your strapline regarding knighthood; I wish it were unfailingly true!
    As do I
    Alas, 't is hard ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    The last page of the comic really looks like it could be Orko, if it is him would be cool if he started to use the name Gorpo which was 1st given to him in the early original series drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Having ANY other character as the supreme baddie makes more sense than Orko. It'd be like revealing that Darth Vader takes his orders from Jar Jar Binks!
    They could make Doctor Zoog or Snoob the Trollan villain who put Orko in a prison and took his place with He-Man till now.

I thought the series was OK at best, I certainly hope it gets better. The last issue was probably the best, I loved seeing that Masters gathered in the pub

Loved all the 200x stuff, Carnivus, a Kulatak, Pelezeans, a Bashin Beetle :hmgrin; Charger was also a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by kochane View Post
    So Teela calls HeMan a "smug ****"?

This would mean something rather different in my neck of the woods to what I imagine its intended meaning is!
    I thought exactly the same thing mate. Divided by a common language
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    just finished number 6 and I quite liked it (I was born a Filmation fan and will die a Filmation fan, but that doesnt mean I cant appreciate other stories)

Castle Grayskull looked so much better here than in the early editions

So Orko, traitor, new supervillan? not sure, though my first thought was Hordak pretending to be/possessing the body of Orko during the betrayal, that end panel, the villan in the chair looks too big to be Orko but could be Blue Hordak's arm..
    .. Either that or Faker..?

Quote Originally Posted by kochane View Post
    So Teela calls HeMan a "smug ****"?

This would mean something rather different in my neck of the woods to what I imagine its intended meaning is!
    My thoughts also
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Widget
    This makes a lot of sense when you consider the dreams that Adora/Despara was having in her introductory comic issue a few months ago. If Adam is the power, that would insinuate Adora is also the power, or at the very least they're a part of the same well of power.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    I just got around to reading the final issue. While I have enjoyed the mini series, and the digital shorts as well, I have to say that this was beyond horrible. Teela'Na decapitated, He-Man killing, the Power of Grayskull in Adam making the castle nothing, everyone knowing Adam and He-Man are one and the same, Orko a bad guy? I mean, really, Orko? The same, loving Orko from all the different continuities? Now, if he's possessed, then fine. But if it's been a ploy all along, then it royally sucks. I had to watch some vintage MOTU and 200X to get the taste of this manure out of my mouth. I really hope the ongoing is better, but I don't have my hopes up.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Has it been told if this mini coincides with the upcoming ongoing in April? Is it a prequel of sorts??

Heroic Warrior
    I think the miniseries is a prequel to the ongoing series. The description for the first issue in April states that the Masters are mourning the loss of a fallen friend, which I believe is a reference to the Sorceress dying in this miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Has it been told if this mini coincides with the upcoming ongoing in April? Is it a prequel of sorts??

Heroic Warrior
    I'm with Crow - and a lot of others; I don't like the changes - NOT because they are changes per se, or simply new, but because they are silly, ill-thought-out and attention-grabbing.

I appreciate all the arguments about moving things on - but this doesn't, in my view. It replaces carefully-constructed complexities and nuances developed over time with the over-simplistic. To my mind a great deal that made the idea of the Eternian world-picture significant and lasting has been trashed; but the replacement is thin and flimsy.

The thing I like least (and I see that some of you won't agree with me here) is the idea that any one man could actually BE the Power - its fons et origo. Surely the purpose of the Heroic Warriors was to serve a higher power, that made demands of them and tested them - but was in essence above them. The Power has plainly shrunk if it can be contained in one man! And it must REALLY trust his judgement... It's the difference between seeking power - like Skeletor - and serving its needs.

This, to me is tired old DC/Marvel superhero stuff - but it's not any Eternian landsacpe that I can easily recognise.

Pistols at dawn? (I don't think that swords would somehow be fitting in this context....)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    The description for the first issue in April states that the Masters are mourning the loss of a fallen friend, which I believe is a reference to the Sorceress dying in this miniseries.
    I don't think it's a reference to the Sorceress.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/01/11/...se-ongoing-dc/

What can we expect from this first issue? How about the return of She-Ra, for starters? Only in this story, she's known as Despara -- one of the evil Hordak's most deadly weapons! Also -- somebody dies!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Then the Gorpo figure repaint was shown at the NYC at show. If in fact he is behind the violins in the new story this yet again another power trip guru is on. I wouldn't be surprised if Specter isn't introduced in the new comic. It's just so lame. I'm for some change and this and that but that's just lame.
    Wasn't that covered in some podcast where Scott answered that it was Terry who did it without his knowing and just placed it in the cabinet?

Not sure on the Orko matter till I see more developement, but am more disappointed in the treatment of the Sorceress. No heroic final stand or grand moments, just tortured and given the Hostel treatment without much of a second thought. I can stand here being humilated for a while for a good payoff, I can stand her being killed, but how these events happened just screams poor taste. I'm not hating the book, but this version of the myths does significantly lower my opinion about it.

On the other hand, I give much success to the ongoing to help boost the brand, but in a conflicted sense.

Heroic Warrior
    "In the second issue of the new, ongoing series, Hordak’s forces have invaded Eternia, and Despara’s identity is revealed! But what is her relationship to He-Man? And will he be able to stop her from killing everyone he loves?"

So - six issues in - and here comes Hordak. Now, I wonder how they are going to deal with the self-inflicted issue of Adora's origin, given their novel premise of Adam "being" the Power (sic)? Not well, judging on past performance. My doubts now reach mountainous proportions - but one will just have to wait and see. Oh dear.
    Last edited by Scriptor; February 9, 2013 at 09:00am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Whoa! DC Clawful and Whiplash!

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2

Written by KEITH GIFFEN Art by POP MHAN Cover by HOWARD PORTER On sale MAY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US In the second issue of the new, ongoing series, Hordak’s forces have invaded Eternia, and Despara’s identity is revealed! But what is her relationship to He-Man? And will he be able to stop her from killing everyone he loves?

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HORDAK #1

Written by KEITH GIFFEN and BRIAN KEENE Art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH One-shot • On sale MAY 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US How does one go about becoming a demigod? And, what the heck is a demigod anyway? These questions and more will be answered in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HORDAK! Travel to the distant past and learn how the old gods died and how Hordak went from being a conquerer of the cosmos to something very like a god.
    Thanks Scriptor!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)