Thread: When did Filmation Marzo become MYP Marzo?

When did Filmation Marzo become MYP Marzo?

Was there ever a story about how Count Marzo was turned into a little trollish man? I know in the Filmation series he was just a wicked, greedy, magician. I sort of consider the MYP to be the continuation of the Filmation storylines, but I haven't seen all the episodes. Did they ever do Marzo's background?

no... Marzo only had 3 appearances on Filmation and the last one was search for a son.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I sort of consider the MYP to be the continuation of the Filmation storylines.
    Nope. Incorrect assumption that will lead to false conclusions. They are two separate interpretations.

Think of them in terms of the Marvel Universe and the Ulimate Marvel Universe. Same characters, different stories.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Think of them in terms of the Marvel Universe and the Ulimate Marvel Universe. Same characters, different stories.
    Personally, I consider every interpretation of MOTU to be an alternate universe. Mini comics, '83 DC mini, FILMATION, MYP, the Bios, new DC comics....it's a big ol' grab bag.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I believe this was covered in a flashback scene, I think it was in Ep12 "Mekaneck's Lament". If I remember correctly I think he was turned into the old man form by the Elders as punishment for attacking the Hall of Wisdom.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I'd still dig a Filmation Marzo.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I sort of consider the MYP to be the continuation of the Filmation storylines, but I haven't seen all the episodes.
    Out of sheer curiosity, how so (if I may ) ? The reason I ask is that in Filmation, He-Man was already existent, ie. no origin story for how Prince Adam came to have the Power Sword. In MYP, it started off with He-Man's origin more or less. In addition, using Roboto as an example, their backstories were completely different where Filmation Roboto crash landed on Eternia from a planet full of his robotic brethren, whereas in MYP he was created by Man-At-Arms.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, how so (if I may ) ?
    Well, there are certain things I have personally 'stretched' to create my own continuity. You can't do it with all the content between the two series, but for certain events it fits quite nicely.

In my mind, Filmation Marzo was a greedy magician who was punished by the council and turned into the trollish half man we see in MYP, before ultimately becoming the powerful, musclebound sorcerer we see later in MYP.

It's all my personal continuity so that things make sense.

Ah, gotcha' .

I was always confused why people believed that MYP was a continuation of Filmation or vice-versa, that MYP was a prequel to Filmation. Yeah, with a little creativity, certain elements regarding back-stories from the 2 series could mesh quite well together .

Regards,
    Victor P.