View Poll Results: Do you want a Despera figure in 2014?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 46.50%
  • No

70 44.59%
  • Who?

14 8.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want a Despera figure in MOTUC 2014?

Do you want a Despera figure in MOTUC 2014?

Yes
    No
    Who?

And if you do want her, how would you like her release? Sub lure for 2014, Travel Con exclusive, SDCC exclusive, general monthly slot?

Hmm... I think they should use someone like Scorpia - she has a bigger draw, and they NEED that kind of draw.

I do want a figure of her, but only if we get Flutterina first... they have to battle.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Hmm... I think they should use someone like Scorpia - she has a bigger draw, and they NEED that kind of draw.

I do want a figure of her, but only if we get Flutterina first... they have to battle.

Is she the one that killed Flutterina? LOL

Honestly.. No. A weird variant shera/adora... instead of someone else... EASY PASS... give me the core vintage, pop, & NA figures before ANY more variants!

Heroic Warrior
    I only hit 'no' as it came right before 'who?'...hadda go look her up, even...

I tend to agree with Replikor: we need more core characters in plastic before something like this!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Easy no for me. If they ever get to a Force Captain Adora variant, I want the UK version, not Despara. I really don't like the new comic designs.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I voted yes. I wouldn't mind if she was a exclusive, like the travelling one or SDCC, or even the sub exclusive.

I would rather have her over another He-Man variant exclusive.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe.

I don't want Despera/Despara taking up a valuable slot that otherwise should go to Castaspella, Glimmer, Queen Angella, Mermista, Double Trouble, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Entrapta, Toy-Design She-Ra, Toy-Design Catra, Madame Razz, Kowl, Sea Hawk, Scorpia or even Perfuma.

But, if there was some "new" slot created for a "new DC Comics" action figure, then Despera/Despara would be a cool addition to MOTUC, especially as there appears to be general support for a Force Captain Adora action figure (although mainly based on the design from a vintage comic from memory).
    Last edited by Haephestus; February 1, 2013 at 12:12am.

I'd rather have her victim Flutterina.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I voted "yes", but I don't want her to replace Madame Razz, Flutterina or Perfuma. I need them in my Great Rebellion.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

How about a Despera/Flutterina two pack!

No...I don't want her. There are so many characters left...also important variants like Filmation Hordak, 200X Evil-Lyn...mini Comic characters like Lodar... which could be all wonderful Sub Exclusives!!
    So if the line ends we may have a Despera but no Delora, Mara, Crita, Entrapta or Flutterina (!!!)
    Sorry guys but NO to Despera until we get the important girls!!!

Yes, but only if the figure comes in some non-regular slot....be it sub exclusive, SDCC or other con exclusive, a variant slot. I don't want her if it means giving up a regular slot, though.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No clue who she is...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

No, I don't care for comics anyway, but if anything I would prefer a Vintage comic character before a brand new character, not everyone knows or cares about. Too many much more wanted Vintage MOTU & POP figures I'd prefer to see first. Besides 2014 is supposed to be for Vintage & POP Heavy Hitters, and since only some know who she even is, I personally wouldn't even classify her as a Bench Warmer.

It's not that I object to her fans getting her, it's that I object to any new never existed before 2012 / 2013 character having any part of the sub for next year. Maybe an SDCC exclusive, but no sub or out of sub monthly figure.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I would love to have her. I like her so much that I made her 5 days after she appeared in her digital comic. I want everything made, so I guess I am the wrong person to give his opinion.

Despara custom.jpg
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I want everything made, so I guess I am the wrong person to give his opinion.
    I think that makes you one of the best!! Great custom BTW!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I would eventually like this character, but not in 2014. There way to many other characters I would like to have before her.

I'd take her happily, but wouldn't lose sleep if we don't get her.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Simply.... if they make Eldor this year's 2013 SDCC exclusive, make her the 2014 SDCC Exclusive, with the comic she is going to be a prominent piece in the revival and interest in this property (as far as the comics go for the present time). So run with the ball on this Mattel!!!

Keep the slots for our completion of the Core Characters.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I wouldnt mind her but prefer characters like Scorpia, Eldor, or Dare over her.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm going to say no. there are just so many motu characters left to go.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Easy no for me. If they ever get to a Force Captain Adora variant, I want the UK version, not Despara. I really don't like the new comic designs.
    I agree. IMO the Classicized version of this character would be UK comics version not the DC redesign. I'd welcome some elements from the DC redesign like the helmet or swords, maybe even a short haired head as you could always use the original Adora head, maybe even used the Depera name, but a Classics version of this figure should look more like the vintage UK comics version.
    But either way I'm not fussed about a figure of her in Classics at this point.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I voted No. The Horde have to many female members already. I would prefer a snake girl instead.

No. However, that is not to say I don't want her at all. It is just in regards to wanting her in 2014. In 2015, assuming I get a big chunk of characters I want first in 2013-2014, I'd be more open to receiving her.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.