Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tron: Uprising Talkback

Tron: Uprising Talkback

This Tron tv show looks like it could be interesting. I'll at least check it out.

LA Times:
    The Grid, a world of shimmering, digital wonder, was introduced to moviegoers in 1982 film “Tron” and then taken to a new visual level in “Tron: Legacy” in 2010. Now the Grid is going to television and expanding with a wider mythology and new characters — and more of the sleek, glowing vehicles that fans love.

“Tron: Uprising,” which begins this summer on Disney XD, was developed by Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, the same tandem that wrote “Tron: Legacy,” and they say the freedom of animation is allowing to explore the Grid without the constraints of a special effects budget.

“The fun thing about animation is all the stuff we couldn’t afford in [‘Tron: Legacy’], either because they were financially or technologically prohibitive, we can now do because it’s animated,” Kitsis said.

The duo, now also working on its freshman ABC show “Once Upon a Time,” has picked up the Grid’s story right after Clu takes over, which happened years before the events of “Legacy.” The new show isn’t about users — those are humans who go into Grid, such as Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) or Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) in the films — but focuses instead on programs, the citizens of the Grid. The main character is Beck (voiced by Elijah Wood), the unlikely leader of a revolution against Clu.

As Kitsis puts it: “What happens when you find yourself occupied by a force that is not in your best interest – how do you fight back?”

As for the new vehicles, “Tron: Legacy” designer Daniel Simon is back on the job with creations such as the Light Crawler — which you can see in the exclusive early-look image above – and a Light Rail, which Kitsis calls “basically the coolest train you’ve ever seen — it goes upside down.”

In one episode, a fight takes place on the roof of the Light Rail, just one moment that evokes the western spirit that exists beneath the show’s high-tech trappings. The Grid, Horowitz explained, is “essentially a frontier town.”

Mandy Moore and Bruce Boxleitner (reprising his title role from the two movies) join Wood in the cast, while Charlie Bean (“Ren & Stimpy,” “Samurai Jack”) is the show’s director-showrunner. “Tron: Uprising” also features the music of Daft Punk.
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...n-to-the-grid/

Been waiting for this for awhile, hope it turns out good
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Same here, I only wish they'd use some of Wendy Carlos's music too.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

I saw a commercial for this and a new Spider-man cartoon, wish the release date was less ambiguous.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

wha-wha-what? Hadn't heard about this until now. I'd definitely check it out!

I heard about this show last year and this is the first I am hearing since. It is great that it is actually happening. Hopefully this will open the doors for Tron 3.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Been watching for this with anticipation. When does this actually premiere?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

Yeah so when does it come out? plus it is on a special disney cable channel?

It is on the channel Disney XD. I think most cable providers have the channel, but you might want to check your listings to see if you have it. It is supposed to start this summer. I don't think an exact airdate has been made official yet.

I've seen ads for over a year now for this, and the series was announced back when Legacy came out! I hope it's good, and that it's not the last gasp of Tron.

New short promo, but we finally have a premiere time set! It's coming in June:

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    This is definitely going on my watch list!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

New promo sets up the story line. I'm LOVING the look of this, I must admit. I hope it gains some traction. I want a Tron 3, and as far as I've heard Disney is still on the fence about it.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Unless Clu is the villian, and Daft Punk and Han Zimmer are doing the sountrack to the show, count me out.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It looks like Clu is in it. Daft Punk are not going to do a soundtrack for a TV show though.

Aside from some of the lanky proportions/character designs (personal taste) it looks really good. The latest promo has me more stoked to see it. Expanding on the Tron universe with quality stories is most welcome. Do it right Disney.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It looks like Clu is in it. Daft Punk are not going to do a soundtrack for a TV show though.
    It's Disney, they can buy whatever they want. If they offer Daft Punk they money, Daft Punk will do whatever they want.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Oh yes, been aware of this for some time now.

HIGHLY looking forward to this being released. I know me and everyone else over at the LDSO TRON Forum are HIGHLY looking forward to this.

Its looking very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Unless Clu is the villian, and Daft Punk and Han Zimmer are doing the sountrack to the show, count me out.
    Not problem. Consider yourself counted out.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I thought this series takes place after the event of Tron Legacy? With the system in chaos? And Tron disguised as Rinzler teaches a new program to become the next Tron! Basically like a Tron version of Batman Beyond!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It's a prequel to Legacy, which is a bit of a weird choice as it suggests Beck's uprising in unsuccessful. But I'll still watch. The Tron Facebook updated their cover photo and it's pretty cool. Wish we were getting figures from someone on these.
    Attachment 75503

And new promo - and we have a premiere date of a special presentation! Friday, May 18!
    Previously it said June... though maybe this is just a preview with the full series to follow after in June.

UPDATE: More info, and another video

New, two minute sneak preview of the highly anticipated TRON: UPRISING animated TV series. The series will have a special presentation on The Disney Channel on May 18th with a half-hour prelude titled "TRON: UPRISING - Beck’s Beginning" -- and the series itself will debut on Disney's X D channel on Thursday, June 7th.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Horray for Tron: Legacy music int he trailer! i hope its in the series as well!

This looks really great! I agree it's strange that it takes place between the two movies, as like was pointed out, suggests that this "Uprising" against Clu will be unsuccessful. But it'll be cool to see what happens during all of this time. Kevin Flynn has to be there somewhere, right? I wonder if he'll be involved somehow. I know he's in hiding...but he's gotta show up ats ome point, right?

Either way, I'm excited! Time to go set my DVR!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

The first episode is HERE:

Haven't watched it yet. Hope to soon though!