Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (2/1/2013)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for characters from every era, but plz no chef Allen or Plundar. seriously, I think for the rest of 2013 and 2014 we should focus on core characters.

I'd be really ****** off if we get plundar before shokoti or strong arm, and then the line ends.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Actually, you're incorrect. Read his comment again. He was directly referencing how the entire list "falls way short of incredible collecting" because Chef Allen was on there and Illumina and Sleetah were not. He didn't mention Filmation, MYP, MVCreations, New Adventures, etc. My list does feature every MOTU, PoP, core NA, and most demanded Filmation characters anyway, so your point is invalid. It was Chef Allen he specifically targeted. And Chef Allen was shown in my "hypothetical" list as a potential Filmation sub exclusive on top of it. Sure, Chef Allen isn't super popular, I admit. But, he has been requested by several people over the years and that is why I had him as a sub exclusive. That's what the exclusive started out as; a character that isn't necessarily wanted by all, and therefore wouldn't feel bad missing out on. I could have easily made Illumina the exclusive. I don't care. It's a fake schedule anyway and her placement wasn't even the original point of making it.

You can make the argument that because she is a warrior that she deserves a figure more than a chef, as I can equally argue that his involvement in the Filmation series trumps her one pin-up where she did absolutely nothing and we learned absolutely nothing about her. We wouldn't even know her name had the creator not told us. And, your argument that she is easier to make is moot, because there are other characters that even easier to make than Illumina. Just because Modulok is more difficult to make than Illumina, doesn't mean she is more toy worthy than him.

Yes, Illumina is not on the poll. But, I only got 35 slots to fill and she can be counted as "other". That's why the "other" slot is available, to catch any characters I missed. I'll take your fact under consideration. Now you consider this...For a character that you feel "screams" action figure, you'd think more people would be suggesting her on that poll. I know if there was a character I was dying to have, I'd remember them enough to say so. But, only a handful have mentioned her out of the 100 or so people that voted. Maybe she isn't as wanted as you think, or at least not as much as before.

When it comes down to it, my list was hypothetical and just trying to show that you could get to all of the vintage MOTU and PoP characters in 2 years, PLUS core NA, MYP, and Filmation characters. It follows the exact same SKUs as 2013, with the only difference being the addition of a 12 figure Filmation sub (w/ exclusive). To me, it would be amazing if it happened. To say that all those wonderful characters in plastic form "falls way short" of incredible, just because it didn't have Illumina...really? C'mon, way short...really???

No one's personal wants are any less important than the other. Gbagok obviously has his own opinion on Chef Allen and Illumina, and that's totally fine. But he missed my initial point entirely and I just found his statement to be overly dramatic.
    Dude, of the two of us, you sound a lot more over dramatic than I do. Lighten up, we all have favorites, but of the characters not on your list I wanted Illumina the most and of the characters you did include I think Chef Allen is the most unworthy of preceding her. There are plenty of other characters I'd champion before him (Sprittina has all his credentials and then some) and plenty more in the list I want less than her because she's more-or-less my Mosquitor and I have every right to say so. As for your poll, I'd forgotten you started that, but I don't agree with your conclusion about what it says of her current popularity.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 4, 2013 at 04:13pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Chef Allen would be a horrible waste of a slot. As a fan base we need to get our priorities straight and stop requesting these off the wall obscure characters that only 2-3 people want/like.
    What the hell? Chef Allen?

Screw that I want Chef Boyardee before whoever that is! And Chef Vader from South Park would be my next pick....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    AHEM!!

Uhm, what now??

Sweet Bee is to bcrduke
    As Mosquitor is to Pixel Dan
    As BG Teela is to MegaGearMax
    As Slushhead is to Mike Bock
    As Darius is to 13977
    As Spinwit is to me.

This is GREAT news about the line. Come 2016 most people will have their childhood fav and I'll be stuck without mine.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    As Count Marzo is to Count Marzo!!

(Although Spikor was probably my favorite vintage character who actually had a figure...)
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I want Chef Allen.

No, really. I want Chef Allen.

Just logged in to say that.

Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    While I think Mattel wants to honestly make everybody, I don't think we are getting to EVERY Vintage MOTU character. I really think Multi-Bot, Rokkon, Stonedar, Granita, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor and the Meterobs are goners. Too much tooling/engineering on Mattel's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    All of those seem extremely likely to me for the remainder of 2013 and 2014, except for maybe Granita and the Meteorbs. I can see Toyguru really pushing hard to work in some of those high-level-tooling figures into 2014.
    Ditto. I'm confident all of those MGM listed will get made except for the Meteorbs and maybe Granita (hope I'm wrong about Granita). For Joe Amato's sake though, I hope they make a pack-in Meteorb for him.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Blade Suarod and Gwildor BETTER get made! That would be horrible if they were skipped.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Why is everyone counting figures out? 2013 has just begun, and we will see some out of sub figures this year....count on it. Now they will cost friggin $27 for everyone, but we'll see 'em....

Me, a positive force when it's Mattel? ....that's scary

But that may just be because for once I know something....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm excited to know that NA main character from the cartoon may get priority. Namely Sbrian & Critta. I still want all NA but there is still 2016.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

AHEM!!

Uhm, what now??

Sweet Bee is to bcrduke
    Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    As Darius is to 13977
    As Spinwit is to me.
    .....And as Two-Badd is to J-West
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

So much hatred for the meteorbs. I have to say I hated the meteorbs and I refused to buy them....until a couple months ago. I broke down and bought them all and I have to say having them in hand I like them a lot. I'd totally buy some MOTUC meteorbs if they made them.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    AHEM!!

Uhm, what now??

Sweet Bee is to bcrduke
    Etc.

Which is likely why she'll never happen . Sighhhh.
    Oh errr....did that come out as Sweet Bee? Sorry I meant Sweat Pea, that damn baby from Popeye. I REALLY don't want that in MOTUC.

Totally what I meant to say.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

As Darius is to 13977
    As Spinwit is to me.
    As COLOSSOR is to Durendal!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    As COLOSSOR is to Durendal!
    Dragstor for me....

I hope he comes with a rip cord when/if they get to him, even though you won't be able to use it.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Bummer about NA since I am a HUGE NA fan. I would assume/hope to get at least
    Hydron
    Flogg
    NA Skeletor- who I have been waiting for since NA was announced as part of the line.

I want crita and darius as well. If I got all of those I could be more content, not 100% happy but at least content.

AHEM!!

Uhm, what now??

Sweet Bee is to bcrduke
    Etc.

Which is likely why she'll never happen . Sighhhh.
    Actually, I know you're off the mark on a couple of those
    as Rio and NA skeletor is to me

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    You need an avatar of her, Dukey - those guys have all done that. Amp up the Sweet Bee support, I want her too!
    hmm true, someone make me an NA skeletor and rioblast avatar

As Darius is to 13977
    As Spinwit is to me.

This is GREAT news about the line. Come 2016 most people will have their childhood fav and I'll be stuck without mine.
    ha I CALL DIBS ON NA SKELETOR!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Seriously, Chef Allen made it into the Hey-Ya!! He Man cartoon music video. I would MUCH rather have that figure than Madame Razz.
    Honestly.
    At least he has some tongue-in-cheek silliness value.
    Seriously. I would pay $30 for that figure.
    That is my opinion, though. I doubt many others would agree with it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Seriously, Chef Allen made it into the Hey-Ya!! He Man cartoon music video. I would MUCH rather have that figure than Madame Razz.
    Honestly.
    At least he has some tongue-in-cheek silliness value.
    Seriously. I would pay $30 for that figure.
    That is my opinion, though. I doubt many others would agree with it here.
    If they made a "big" buck for Chef Allen, then it could be reused for Santa Adam and any other larger Filmation character they choose to make. Don't forget we need our Songster figure too..badly.

As Darius is to 13977
    As Spinwit is to me.
    Nice, I like that
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Mattel: "One of the issues with white is that bright white tends to look unfinished on plastic product."

Says who?! We are the consumers, we're the ones buying these things and no one thinks that! BP She-Ra looked a much brighter white than She-Ra V1 and EVERYONE thinks V2 looks better! I have never heard of anyone saying "I'm glad Frosta is grey instead of white because she would look unfinished if she was white". So shut-up with that already!!!!!
    Before critiquing this assertion, it must be translated from Mattyspeak:

We do not want to make it pure white because the cheap materials we use in production will probably cause it to turn yellow over the next six months.

See, now it makes perfect sense.

As for Chef Allen, in fairness, a lot more people know him than a character who never actually got beyond a promo poster. On the other hand, Illumina seems much better suited to be an action figure, so there are rational arguments on both sides. If the line survives long enough, I'd like both.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    ...and Disco Skeletor is to me
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

...and Molkrum to me

Heroic Warrior
    As Zombihamma is to me.........no wait

"Q: Would listing all of the 2014 subscription characters at SDCC improve subscription sales? Give fans the layout of the 2014 map, and would this help to complete the core characters?

A: It potentially could, but legally we are not in a place to do that."

Rubbish! What legal theory exactly are you referring to that would preclude you from 'legally' releasing the list figures for a given subscription year? If you add the correct disclaimer language and word the subscription agreement properly, there is NOTHING stopping you from giving this service to the fans. Given your hollow responses to most of your questions, you clearly have enough Mattel attorneys working on this, so have them put their time to good use, and put in the effort which would allow you to 'legally' release the list of figures for an upcoming sub year. Again, rubbish!!!!
    SkeleGreg, Overlord of Central Jersey