Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (2/1/2013)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    My only question is, is there a sure list of secondary NA characters? I don't really know much about NA, but I do want them all in my collection. I would think primary characters not yet released would include Hydron, Flogg, Master Sebrian, Crita, Drissi, Darius, and maybe Sagitar. I hope we get Artilla for sure as well (if the design is good), as well as Nocturna (I like the color scheme) and Tuskador. I want the Space Mutants as well, though the guy with the antlers is not my favorite. Anyway, I do hope they ALL get made in time!
    I don't know that it has ever been defined in NA who are primary characters and who are secondary characters. One thing to consider is that there is the vintage toyline, and then there is cartoon, and depending on which you adhere to, some characters may be considered more "primary" than others.

I would assume that no matter which, the following characters can be considered primary:

He-Man, Skeletor, Hydron, Flipshot, Flogg, and Slushhead. Hydron is generally seen at the leader of the Galactic Protectors, where as Flogg is the leader of the Mutants, meaning that neither faction has had the release of its leader yet. Even if you consider He-man and Skeletor the leader of those groups, NA He-man has not be released yet and NA Skeletor is unannounced.

Now if you consider the cartoons in there, then some people may consider characters like Mara, Crita, and Master Serbian to be primary characters given the importance of the roles they had in the cartoon.

Of course it gets more confusing when in the UK comics that a character named Darius, who was never produced but of which a prototype was made, was considered the leader of the Galactic Protectors. So he is important to a lot fans, but for me, I have no idea who he is really.

So it is hard to say. TG could mean "Flogg and Hydron". Which would suck. But I think the sad fact is that there are going to be a lot of NA characters that won't get made.

For me, while I like NA, it does fall lower on my list than a lot of other groups. I don't care for a lot of the Galactic Protectors to be brutally honest (Hydron included). I think the majority of the Mutants would be neat figures though. In the end though the only real "must have" for me is Crita in NA, while other characters like Flogg, Mara and Quakke are in the "would be great to have" category. Meanwhile most of the remaining great Rebelion characters (minus Sweet Bee and Perfuma), the rest of the Horde and Snake men all fall in the "must have" category.

On the topic of primary and secondary characters, I think the list here from the 2013 Popularity Polls thread is a good indication of who could be considered primary and secondary. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ults-Countdown!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    My understanding is that Glimmer was the original leader of the Great Rebellion. I think the GR formed up after Bright Moon's fall. When Adora joined, Glimmer stepped down as leader, passing it to Adora, and resumed her place as Princess of Bright Moon.

With her training and knowledge, Adora was much better suited to the roll.
    My problem with that is Adora became leader when she's the LAST person that you should trust. Her defecting to the Rebels could have been an elaborate ruse. However, Filmation is not know for it's continuing storyarcs or development.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Oh I agree, but it was a 80's cartoon show for kids and kind of simple in some of the deeper plots. It would be much more compelling to have to her earn the trust of the others.

You think it would be even harder for them to trust her, especially with leadership, when she disappears during most of the battles
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Leader of The Great Rebellion

I always thought that Glimmer started The Great Rebellion after Castle Brightmoon fell and Queen Angella was taken by The Evil Horde (who gave her to Hunga the Harpy as a prisoner).

Even when Queen Angella was freed by She-Ra, I don't think she assumed the role of leader of The Great Rebellion. Angella simply became Queen of the Brightmoon Kingdom again and similarly, Glimmer once again became Princess of the Brightmoon Kingdom. Adora was then appointed leader of The Great Rebellion and Glimmer still seemed to spend more of her time helping The Great Rebellion than on her "duties" as Princess of Brightmoon. All IMHO. It was a bit odd, especially as the obvious choice for leader of The Great Rebellion was Kowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Ugh. I hate this as part of the bios. Hordak is not an essence to be absorbed. He's the freaking Ruthless Leader of the Horde!!! Instead, I'd like to think that after suffering defeat during the Ultimate Battleground, Skeletor realized in order to seize Grayskull he needs an armada to overpower the combined forces of the Heroic warriors and the Rebellion. Vowing to take control of the Horde, Skeletor leaves Eternia in the hopes of usurping control of the Horde to then return and take Castle Grayskull for himself.
    This is exactly my theory of what actually transpire when Skeletor realized he would need something bigger to take Eternia. I would even like to hink that Skeletor finally discovered the secret location of his Gar ancestors and realized this would be a key asset to obtain. Thus leading him to find the planet and eventually return with a wrath unmatched!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My problem with that is Adora became leader when she's the LAST person that you should trust. Her defecting to the Rebels could have been an elaborate ruse. However, Filmation is not know for it's continuing storyarcs or development.
    That's a good point. I never thought of it like that.

Those are the bottom of the list characters from NA. Since the Galactic Protector human characters aren't as appealing and some of them weren't focused upon in Jetlag, characters like Kayo, Nocturna and Vizarr might not make the line, if it dies before 2015.
    And that's your perspective . Some might deem Sebrian and Crita secondary characters, for example, but I consider them to be primary characters in the NA saga. Besides, even if we don't get to them in 2015, ToyGuru mentioned the possibility of getting to them later which is fine with me as there are certainly other NA characters I'd like to see first such as the NA Scientists, Kaz, Grot................

....kidding.

Regards,
    Victor P.

I'd say Hydron and Flogg are the only primary characters left in NA, but I'm guessing we'll get one or two others along with variant NA Skeletor.

Hydron and Flogg are the only ones that Mattel should focus on getting to in 2014. The rest, while figure worthy need to be prioritized. Crita is a close third and if it's a 3 pack that'd be fine with me.

This make me feel much more comfortable subbing up again in 2014, where I think I'll be happy with every release.

I really hope we get at least Hydron, Flogg, Sagitar, Crita, Mara, and Darius.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Wow. I can't even imagine that by the end of 2015 I could have all of the following in my collection: Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Double Trouble, Peekablue, Castaspella, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Perfuma, Entrapta, Sea Hawk, Kowl, Lookee, Madame Razz and Broom, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Scorpia and Vultak. That would be incredible. Absolutely incredible!
    The only characters in that list I care about are Mantenna and Horde Troopers. Maybe Glimmer and Angella, but that is it. The rest could never come out and I will not care.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Hydron and Flogg are the only ones that Mattel should focus on getting to in 2014. The rest, while figure worthy need to be prioritized. Crita is a close third and if it's a 3 pack that'd be fine with me.

This make me feel much more comfortable subbing up again in 2014, where I think I'll be happy with every release.
    So the massive amount of NA characters scheduled for the 2013 line have caused that much distress? I know that so many were announced at SDCC last year when the 2013 sub went up

Of course, I want as much as possible. I want to finish all of the vintage MOTU and PoP figures, including the variants and beasts.

As far as NA, I hope we see at least Hydron, Darius, Mara, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Tuskador, Artilla, Sagitar, NA Sorceress, NA Skeletor, Crita, Flogg, Crystoll, and Quakke.

For Filmation, I hope to get Icer, Batros, Strong Arm, Evilseed, Kothos, Negator, Count Marzo, Chimera, Lizard Man, Kittrina, Delora, Scorpia, Vultak, Dylamug, Admiral Scurvy, Melog, Skokoti, Masque, Melaktha, Chef Allen, King Tamusk, King Miro, King Ahgo, General Tataran, Granita, Tung Lasher, Magestra, Seahawk, Hunga, Robot Knights, Avion Rocketeers, Queen Balina, and Garn.

And finally, for the odds and ends I'd like Goatman, Skelcons, Crimson Fury, Prince Dakon, Lodar, Garn, Princess Rana, Masks of Power Demons, Delora, Shezar, Queen Zal, Bruar, King Hssss' Slave Girl, Wind Raider Pilot, Sharella, Kex Queen, Blue Outfit Prince Adam, Slime He-Man, Yellow Outfit Teela, Evil Robot, Eldor, and Red Beast.

200X is much smaller, but I'd hope to see Snake Armor He-Man, Ice Armor He-Man, Prahvus, Siren, Lord Dactys, Kulatak Elder, Veena, Calix, King Miro, and Queen Andreeno.

So, as you can see, I would be buying MOTUC for years to come.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; February 3, 2013 at 11:09am.

The secondary NA characters might not be coming, but you'll still have to worry about the major ones such as Flogg, Hydron and Jetlag cartoon characters such as Crita. I hope TG considers Sagitar as a major NA character.
    ah shucks, forgot about Flogg and Hydron. But I'm not too worried about Crita, Mara, Master Sebrian, etc ... since TG said 'vintage' NA.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Well that sucks about NA. So I guess if we a lucky we get Flogg, Hydron, and NA Skeletor... I guess I shouldn't hope for Sagitar, Tuskador, Lizorr, and more mutants.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Sagitar and Lizzor would sell well. I also hope Mara and Crita from the cartoon get some recognition. In all honesty, I'd find 2014-15 more interesting if one year included - say - Flogg, Mara and Sagitar and the other had Hydron, Crita and Lizzor in amongst vintage and POP figures.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Whilst I understand that NA is the least popular of the MOTU family, I will be sad if we don't see a complete NA collection by the end of Classics.

I see having a full NA as important as the rest; I got into Classics so I'd have everything. As nondescript as Kayo or Nocturna may seem, if they don't arrive I would definitely have this little niggle that the line just isn't quite 100% finished.

There is a bit if hope though. If the rest of the factions are complete at the close of 2015, people may become more interested in the missing characters in 2016, if only to fill the massive MOTUC sized gap that will be in their lives!

I don't fully believe 2015 will be the end anyway, there are just too many fan demanded figures to cram into the next 3 years, especially on a smaller SKU count per year. With the success of CG, the line looks healthier than it did last summer.
    Last edited by paulioscorchio; February 3, 2013 at 08:02am.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I am really curious how only secondary NA characters could be left. There's at least four primary PoP characters we need (and more than that for PoP to feel anything resembling complete), a lot of Filmation characters, and not very many "easy to make" vintage He-man characters that are essential. Are they seeing Hydron, Flogg, and NA Skeletor as the only remaining primary NA characters? Because that's still a lot for them in the limited slots that remain until the end of 2014. I feel like I can kiss goodbye 200x needs like Prahvus, Dactys, and Evilseed before any possibly 2015 offering, but I'd be very very encouraged if we can get to such an offering being shown in the 2014 SDCC.

Actually, if the trust is there (which it was, believable or not), she's the best person because she knows the Horde's tactics and people. Not that I remember that advantage being used, it was more of just the alpha girl thing, but seriously she's a good "leader" for the rebels. I think Angela was still treated as the function ruler though.

RE the believability of it, I think they shortchanged the transition, but I still bought that people like Madame Razz vouched for her and that someone like Glimmer trusted that. It still would have been neat to see Adora needing to prove herself to the rebels just once without the benefit of disappearing to become She-Ra. I don't remember seeing that--although I may have missed an episode because it sure seems like a solid premise for an episode. The secret identity overall was more problematic for her than it was for Adam. She kind of needed to not be seen negatively in either identity, and in fact revealing the truth might have even been a bigger benefit.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 3, 2013 at 08:18am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    It is sad that NA always gets the short end of the stick. I could do without Vizar, Kayo, and Nocturnal, but there are so many others that have good designs or are intriguing characters. I keep hoping for Master Sebrian, Crita, and Spinwit.
    Yeah it is a shame NA always gets put down, but if we can get them all by the end of 2016 I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I assume he's referring to guys like Kayo, Vizar, & Spinwit.
    I hope not, Kayo and Vizar are my most wanted GG after Darius.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I can live without the background NA characters. What's left for me out of that group is Hydron, Sagitar, Artilla, Tuskador, NA Skeletor, Flogg(!), Quake...and pretty much any other Space Mutant. The Guardians are all too bland, but the Mutants are awesome and I need them all. For POP, it's kinda the same story. I don't really care about any POP ladies past Glimmer, Angella, and Castaspella. Most of my wants come from the Filmation 'toon. Seahawk, Razz w/ Broom, Scorpia, Kowl(I know he had a vintage figure, but like Orko, I want the Filmation version). I'm just glad to hear they're planning out 2014 and 2015. That really gives me a lot of hope for the line. Sprinkle in some "new" stuff like Son of He-Man and Despara, and the line will just keep on keepin on.

I can't help but wonder (hope!) if Mattel considers mini-comic characters as an important "faction" for getting those characters released.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I think people need to start recognizing the difference between personal wants and what should be released for what's important to the overall mythos and what's good for the line in general. I see a lot of personal wants brushing aside far more important characters and this does nothing but muddy the waters and confuse the fanbase and Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Sagitar and Lizzor would sell well. I also hope Mara and Crita from the cartoon get some recognition. In all honesty, I'd find 2014-15 more interesting if one year included - say - Flogg, Mara and Sagitar and the other had Hydron, Crita and Lizzor in amongst vintage and POP figures.
    I so totally agree with this Scorpia
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

It Mattel continues the current amount of skus in 2014 and 2015, and brings in a Filmation sub (w/ exclusive) like many suspect, then it's very possible to get to almost everyone by the end of 2015 and leaving remaining characters and obscure favorites for 2016 and beyond:

(this is just a hypothetical list, based on what's left and current speculation; it is by no means accurate)

JULY - Blade/Gwildor/Saurod 3-pack (SDCC), Icer
    AUG - Mantenna, Batros
    SEPT - Castaspella, Red Knight
    OCT - King Miro, Seahawk
    NOV - Geldor, Huntara
    DEC - Kowl and LooKee, Chimera

JAN - Two-Bad, Scorpia, Modulok (QI)
    FEB - Tung Lasher, Evilseed, Eldor (exclusive)
    MAR - Glimmer, Shokoti, Melaktha (exclusive)
    APR - Hydron, Kothos
    MAY - Calix, Delora
    JUNE - Mermista, Vultak, Starburst She-Ra (Q2)
    JULY - Extendar, Magestra, Rokkon/Stonedar/Granita 3-pack (SDCC)
    AUG - Flogg, Melog
    SEPT - Peekablue, Dylamug, Mara/Crita 2-pack (Q3)
    OCT - Blast Attack, Nepthu
    NOV - Tuskador, Hunga the Harpy
    DEC - Sweet Bee, False Face, 200X Sorceress/Snake Armor He-Man/200X King Hsss 3-pack(Q4)
    Traveling Exclusive - Goat Man

JAN - Rio Blast, Strong Arm, New Adventures Skeletor (QI)
    FEB - Queen Angella, Dree-Elle/Uncle Montork, Lodar (exclusive)
    MAR - Sssqueeze, Lizard Man, Chef Allen (exclusive)
    APR - Quakke, Madame Razz w/ Broom
    MAY - Double Trouble, Admiral Scurvy
    JUNE - Ninjor, Masque, Twistoid/Rotar 2-pack (Q2)
    JULY - Darius, Count Marzo, Lord Dactys/Kulatak Elder/Prahvus 3-pack(SDCC)
    AUG - Spinnerella, General Tataran
    SEPT - Dragstor, General Sunder, Multi-Bot (Q3)
    OCT - Lizorr, Kittrina
    NOV - Veena, Plundar
    DEC - Master Sebrian, King Tamusk, Perfuma/Entrapta/Flutterina 3-pack (Q4)
    Traveling Exclusive - King Hssss' Slave Girl

In this hypothetical schedule, there would be at least 1 item per month from both Club Eternia and Club Filmation. We'd hit ever MOTU vintage figure except remaining variants, we'd cover every PoP figure except remaining variants, we'd cover almost every top demanded Filmation character (32 figures), and take care of the most demanded NA characters (10 figures). It even manages to get in a few demanded MYP characters too (8 figures), plus 3 obscure characters. If it looked like this, the next couple years will be some incredible collecting.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; February 3, 2013 at 12:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Of course, I want as much as possible. I want to finish all of the vintage MOTU and PoP figures, including the variants and beasts.

As far as NA, I hope we see at least Hydron, Darius, Mara, NA Skeletor, Flogg.

For Filmation, I hope to get Icer, Batros, Strong Arm, Scorpia, Vultak, Skokoti, Masque, Seahawk

And finally, for the odds and ends I'd like Goatman, Lodar, Eldor

200X is much smaller, but I'd hope to see Snake Armor He-Man, Calix, King Miro

So, as you can see, I would be buying MOTUC for years to come.
    I chopped down your lists to show what I think we would be incredibly lucky to see. Your original list is awesome and I'm right there with ya, but I think even these lists above is highly ambitious. I devastatingly want Wind Raider Pilot and Red Beast, but the way people flipped out about the Star Sister and the Foe Men, we're never going to see this type of character again. And in a Q&A Scott said that the Foe Men would be the final 3-pack.