Thread: Which characters would benefit from energy bursts the most

Which characters would benefit from energy bursts the most

I really love the energy burst we got for Thunder punch heman, and really want to see more of these throughout the line. Alot of characters that already came out were the ones that needed it. But I was wondering who do you think would benefit the most from receiving it as an accessory.

Characters who already came out
    -Skelator
    -Evil lyn
    -Orko
    -Sorceress
    -Frosta
    -Tri clops
    -Count Marzo
    -Shadow Weaver
    -King Hiss

Characters still to come
    -Castaspella
    -Mermsita
    -Saurod
    -Mantenna
    -Icer

Any other im missing?

Heroic Warrior
    I think this should be very limited. If every figure that could have an energy effect has one, then it kinda takes the charm away. I think it's a better accessory if it is a limited thing. Giving it to Thunder Punch He-Man made sense, because it visually showed his "action feature" when it was originally an audio thing; meaning the blast caps. What would have normally been just another variant, now has the effect enhancing this figure and giving it something special.

So, in that regard, I wouldn't want any of the figures on your lists to have effects, except Saurod; since his action feature involved actual sparks.

Sorceress
    Evil-Lyn
    Orko
    Stinkor
    Frosta
    The Goddess
    Starla
    Shadow Weaver
    King Hiss
    He-Ro

figures yet to come that I would love to see come with snap-on energy/magic/water/gas bursts/swirls/etc.
    Eldor
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Perfuma
    Madame Razz
    Blast Attak
    Saurod
    Icer
    Shokoti
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I would really like to see energy bursts for Skeletors Havoc Staff, Tri Klops, Shadow Weaver and Sorceress. Maybe one for He-Ro too.

Well considering an energy burst would take up an accessory slot: I think they should be used much in the same way it was used with Thunder Punch He-Man. His action feature couldn't be replicated, but we needed something that brought the thunder, you know? Thunder effect! Perfect. So who else has action features that simply couldn't be replicated, but involve some sort of energy?

- Saurod: Sparks for the mouth
    - Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor: I doubt they would light up, so an energy sheath for He-Man's sword and a burst for Skeletor's staff would work
    - Castaspella: So far the only thing she has that shows her casting a spell is that disc on her back. I think she would benefit well from skipping weapons and giving her different magical bursts for her hands
    - Blast-Attak: If they don't end up giving us a burst torso, then some sort of blasts that could plug in all over his body would be interesting.
    - Gwildor: He's small, so it would be cool to make up the rest of the space with accessories. Why not a light burst to surround his Cosmic Key?
    - Glimmer: If she only comes with her staff, then I think it would be cool to give her some light bursts for the staff and hands.
    - Snake Armor He-Man: Really needs to have a molded-open mechanical power sword, and an option to at a blast that snaps into the middle of the opening. BUT...that depends on how much is spent on all his new parts and possible shield. I'd rather have the shield than the blast, but it all depends on how the money is shared in whatever year he comes out in.

That's about it from the top of my head - trying to keep it minimal. Now don't get me wrong; I would love to see blasts for a lot of guys like Tri-Klops and magical bursts for those who cast, but it would cut into the accessory count, and there are other accessories that are more important, sometimes. I would love to see a blast-pak of some sort, but I doubt we'd ever see that. So keeping in mind characters that have no way of showing thier action feature (or characters like Glimmer whose power is mearly mentioned and only shown on the toon), I think the ones above are the most important and/or the ones that work the best without going overboard.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think any character who uses magic should get an energy burst. Having only one figure with one is pretty lame IMO. I Like the way they did the speed force on the new Flash figure and think something like that for He-Man would be sweet.

I def think Castaspella and Flutterina would benefit.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, and Evil Lynn jump out in my mind

Josh. This message is too short.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

One non complainin' MOFO

Support for a MOTUC effects parts

I hope I'm not the only one but recently there have been missed opportunities for effect parts included in with figures, ie: a fwoosh effect for the buzzsaw with Buzzsaw Hordak. I think there have only been two of these effect parts so far( Castaspella and ThunderPunch He-Man) and there have been so many that could have been done. I am going to list the ones I'd like to see and hopefully you guys can leave ideas as well. I want Mattel to consider a pack of just effect parts. Here is my list:

1:the above mentioned Buzzsaw Hordak Fwoosh
    2: spit effect for Kobra Khan and Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    3: an explosion "body" that you could connect Bast Attacks head to (not sure if his arms and legs are remove able but that would be ideal)
    4: lightning effect for He-Man's sword (She-Ra too)
    5: A smoke trail that attaches to characters head ball joint and has a peg on the opposite end that you can attach the characters head too, for Horde Troopers
    6: a magic aura for Count Marzo's hand

These are a few that I'd really like to see, I realize that the Blast Attack one is a pipe Dream but that woulda been SO cool.

I really like this idea.

7: I would love to see smoke and blast attachments for Rio Blast. The smoke should be sculpted so that his arms would need to be down by his sides for the smoke to rise up, or maybe have two versions, one for raised arms and one for lowered arms.
    8: Plant attack for Mossman. This might not be quite applicable to this thread, but I threw it in anyway.
    9: Probably too big to ever happen, but a full sized tornado effect that Sy-Klone could somehow fit into that stood on its own and raised him up off the ground a bit.
    10: Water blast effect for Hydron's gun.
    11: A spiraling pink electrical band to twine around NA Skeletor's staff, to make it look ready to blast, maybe a separate blast piece. Really any magical character with a staff could be a candidate, which would make universal fit pieces more desirable, maybe they could come in multiple colors. Gun characters could be considered for a universal fit as well, although that would be difficult since each gun is vastly different in size and shape.
    12: A new head for Orko that the hat was sculpted open, that had interchangeable items that could pop on and off of a third arm that came out of the open hat.
    13: An effect similar to the one in the movie that could attach to the Cosmic key, as if it had just been activated.
    14: A circular smoke pattern for Shadow Weavers right hand, like in the cartoon.
    15: Eye beam effects for Mantenna.
    16: Green stink pieces for Stinkor.
    17: Any number of effects for Icer.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 16, 2015 at 04:48pm.

A great idea! I'd love an effects pack!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

There are many possibilities! This would be great. Make it Mattel!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

I'd want spell/magical effects the most!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah energy blasts would be great. Something for triklops eye, orko, guns etc.. I'm down..

I love this kind of thing. Japanese figures include them and even have accessory packs of nothing but effects - blast craters with flinging debris, whirlwinds, electric bolts, muzzle flashes, etc.

I'm surprised we haven't had more of them - they make poses pretty dynamic. I'd love to get a red blast to attach to Hordak's cannon and some ice blasts for Frosta.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    They need to make an energy burst pak..

This! Count me in
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Court Magician KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    The blast effect for Castaspella really adds to the figure. Buzzsaw Hordak would really benefit from this as well -he's a cool figure, but this would really make him something!
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    The blast effect for Castaspella really adds to the figure. Buzzsaw Hordak would really benefit from this as well -he's a cool figure, but this would really make him something!
    This TIMES TEN! A blast effect coming out of his open chest with the buzz saw coming out of the end of it! That'd be so fantastic!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Wouldn't it, though?! As is, the figure is what it should be as a variant. I love it. But the energy blast from the chest would knock it out!
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    An effects pack would be awesome! I'm down for this idea.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    We can have a lot of very cool energy blasts and effects with the Tamashii Nations Effect Parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    We can have a lot of very cool energy blasts and effects with the Tamashii Nations Effect Parts.
    Sure but an effect is somethin inevitable for our favorirte adult collector line, tamashi's ones are useful but still very generic (fire, water, wind) , I'm sure 4h could come up with something unique for the MOTU characters.
    I've appreciated everything released so far with TP he-man, castaspella and gorpo (missing some1 ?)
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?