Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants the DC designs of characters in MOTUC?

If one figure gets made from this incarnation of MOTU, I hope it's Despera. The others... not so much. I want Ice Armor He-Man, NA Skeletor, Filmation Hordak, a proper Alcala mini-comics Teela with the ability to twist at the waist, etc etc etc before I want any of their current DC looks as variant figures.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'd buy He-Man, Skeletor and Despara
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

I've only read the first issue of the DC mini-series so I'm not familiar with most of the new designs. Personally, DC variants are so new that I don't think they should suddenly take up any MOTUC slots. I'd rather have Terror Claws Skeletor, Filmation Teela, 200X Sorceress, and 200X Ice Armor He-Man before any DC variant. The only possible exception is Despara, who I feel would make a nice Sub or Traveling Con exclusive. If Mattel wants to make DC variants, that's cool...After all, they are an opportunity to put out more MOTU product with media backing. However, it should be a separate line, made from MOTUC parts. Hey, if they show up at retail, good for them!

Hmm, now I'm kinda paranoid that the big surprise at NYTF might be a DC Variant Sub, though...
    Last edited by Micro-Man; February 5, 2013 at 02:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    With Ram Man and Jitsu coming out in a few weeks, some fans might have already gotten their favorites and look to new figures to ask for. Or some fans might want Despara or Chainmail He-Man over Filmation characters like Madame Razz and later-day Vintage like Ninjor.
    Not this fan. Ninjor and Razz take major priority over new cannon, and it's not even a close call in my book.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Not this fan. Ninjor and Razz take major priority over new cannon, and it's not even a close call in my book.
    I still would love to see Icer, Dragstor, Mantenna, Castaspella, Two-Bad & maybe Sea Hawk, before any new figures are introduced, especially any brand new (2012 - 2013) ones.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    No.

While it's great to see He-Man (and She-Ra or at least Despara) in new media, IF Mattel were going to release more variants in MOTUC then I would like to see them based on vintage toy variants (e.g. Flying Fists He-Man and Starburst She-Ra) or on the Filmation designs.

I thought merman with a tail was cool and could be cool as a figure

A retail line of these would be neat. I'd love a Shipwrecked Teela figure.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    DESPARA!

Not interested in the others...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I would say NO.

Personally, I am not a fan of the DC redesigns, much less of the story, (IMO) the mini-series is terrible but I do like those one shots. Out of all of them, I would only want Despara to be introduced in MOTUC. That would be down the line though after much more characters (vintage, filmation, PoP, NA, vintage media) were made first. For those that want the new DC Motu in a sub line or in retail, thats fine and dandy but there are many old "new" characters still out there that have been waiting 10-30 years to be made which I feel Mattel is better off focusing on creating instead. I believe a Filmation sub line or even a variants line would be much better to have in place.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Absolutely not. I dislike the redesigns, especially Despara and Evil-Lyn. The chainmail is a pointless change. The DC comics are just terrible.

I would much rather get variants from the vintage lines or select Filmation, vintage mini-comic, or MYP variants.

I'd definitely buy a DC He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Evil-Lyn Sorceress or Mer-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    A retail line of these would be neat. I'd love a Shipwrecked Teela figure.
    Put me down for one as well
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Snappy Threader
    Despara, in my opinion, is a given. SInce TG made the comments about the character, it makes sense that they would be guaging interest and it would be a cool marketing ploy to produce the figure to coincide with the new comic coming in April. Only problem is we probably wouldn't get her until SDCC at best, 4+ month after the comic debuts. But......if she is announced sometime around the first appearance of her in the comic (I'm guessing after issues 1 and 2) then the timing would be near perfect.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like a Despera figure with her staff, two swords (identical), removable mask (or alternate heads)...AND a Nolar Blak Palace Guard head (an awesome bonus for those of us who have multiple Palace Guards).

The guy who tortures the Sorceress (standing beside her when she's at the table) looks pretty cool...as does "Technicolour Dream coat" sorcerer MAA fights, but I would REALLY like a Despera figure.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm not a big fan of most of their designs. Despera would make a nice subscription exclusive, though.