Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you purchased figures and later decided you didn't want them in your collection?

Have you purchased figures and later decided you didn't want them in your collection?

I guess this would primarily pertain towards non-subbers. I bought Captain Glenn then sold her.Did the same with Faceless One.Now I'm considering selling Vykron and the Wind Raider.I think we have this vision of what we want our collection to look like. Anyone else struggle with this at times?

I only had it the other way round, i bought Draego Man and i still donīt know why because when he was announced i didnīt like him but now he is one of my favorites!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I have a clear vision of what I want my collection to look like as well. Untill I subbed I didn't buy anyone I didn't want and now I just trade for the ones I do. I have had a couple figures that I question at times though and if I ever do need to sell I know the first few to go.

No. I am a completist at heart, so I want them all. But I am truly a toy collector, not just MOTUC, so I really do want to have each release. Some I may not like as much as others, but I still appreciate having them in my collection, for what they are.

I sold Chief Carnivus, debating selling Dekker.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Only a couple from the subs...

Star Sisters, and Netossa...
    everything else I've kept...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Couple sub items, but that's about it. I tossed Netossa and I'm not really digging King He-Man. He just doesn't fit the story I want to tell on my shelves. I don't want multiple variants of the same guy at all; BA Skelly turned into BA Faker with parts from both figures. King He-Man may get his parts recycled into another character. It's harder to do that with female characters.

I bought a Carnivus on Black Friday that I'm going to customize into something else, and I have both versions of Mer-Man. I'm going to see what I can do with the blue one.
    Last edited by hadley; February 4, 2013 at 08:24pm.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Ya... Bow.

Does the 2013 sub itself count?

I weigh each figure carefully before committing to it, so I can't say I have regretted buying any MOTUC figure I have in my collection. I only own 53 figures and 1 Weapons Pack....so, I would say I truly only own what I actually like. There are one or two figures I have been contemplating on, but nothing I would regret if I didn't buy them.

There have been a few figures I initially passed on, only to get later, so actually it's the other way around for me. If I'm not sure, I'll buy it later.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I've ran into the same situation in the past. I'll buy a character thinking that it will go well in my collection only to find out that it really has no place. For instance I have my figures in an Ikea Detolf He-Man, Battlecat, Cringer, Adam, and Orko got that shelf. The next down is She-Ra, Swiftwind, Adora, and the DVD of the Christmas special. Now the Evil Warriors and the Horde shelves are the toughest. I've gotten rid of Clawful and Whiplash not only because there was too much crowding but the had crap ankles and kept falling down.

I've gotten rid of the Sorceress because I couldn't find a place for her. Kobra Khan while a good figure didn't make the cut because of space issues. Also got rid of Draego Man because although he's a cool figure he has no place for me so no attachment there. Spikor got cut, Stratos because I didn't want a heroes shelf. It's mostly about the title characters and their nemesis along with some of their major villains, that do it for me.

I'm just waiting now on a Mantenna, madam Razz, broom, And Kowl. Then I may be done.

Kind of wish I held onto the Sorceress now though after I ended preordering Castle Grayskull.

Also sometimes you just get a figure in hand and its just not what you'd hoped for.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

I've not ever considered getting rid of a character. I do have my favorites but i like them all.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I dont really regret any of the figures I have bought, but after I got Slush Head I felt a little underwhelmed.

Hordak. I decided it's the Filmation version or nothing!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yep, that is why I sold off about 75 figures last month.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

No, I want all the MOTUC figures that I can get. I practically stopped buying WWE figures, DVD's, and a bunch of other extras to focus solely on MOTUC. Going into this, I had no clue about POP, 200X, NA, or POG but it's been fun learning about them all.

Sometimes, I kinda wish I could get rid of Cy-Chop but I'm slowly accepting that goofball more and more with time, heheh!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, all of them. I think about selling my entire collection all the time. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but may be close to doing so.

Nope. This line had a lot of figures I was on the fence about but after i bought Bow, I decided to be a completist. Every figure is unique enough to be enjoyed. The only figure I do not love is Netossa and that's because she got shafted in the accessories department.

Yes, and I'm selling them bit by bit as I realize I never display them. I either stopped liking them, or never really liked them to begin with. A waste of space and money, so I might as well recoup some of my losses. The only one I won't sell is Sy-Klone, as I'd like to have the complete 4th wave, but it's a garish, boring figure.

It goes the other way with me more often, however. Figures/characters grow on me for various reasons, which is why I have way more of these figures than I'd really like to own.

No. I did that a long time ago with some JLU stuff. Totally regretted it later when I got to know the characters better.
    I may not like Spector now, but I might in ten years.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Hordak. I decided it's the Filmation version or nothing!
    Just curious. What about all the other non Filmation looking Horde members like Leech and Grizzlor (and possibly soon a Mantenna). Also what about the vintage characters like Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops who also don't look like Filmation? I understand the logic but wanted to know your thoughts on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    No. I did that a long time ago with some JLU stuff. Totally regretted it later when I got to know the characters better.
    I may not like Spector now, but I might in ten years.
    I know how that goes. I still regret selling my SDCC 200X Keldor.

For me the only ones I look at sometimes and get a bit iffy on are ... hmm....looking at em now....None of them! I want em all!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I've been gifted a few that I'm not sure about...Faceless One and Preternia Disguise He-Man, mostly. BG Teela, Vikor, and Bow have grown on me.
    This text changes every post.

With MOTUC, no... I regret nothing. These figures are quite expensive, so every single one that I own means a lot to me, and I have no desire to sell anything from my small collection of them.

On a side note, I once sold a lot of about 15 different BATMAN figs that I found completely pointless after a few years. You know...crap like SCUBA BATMAN, PIRATE BATMAN, FIRE FIGHTER BATMAN, etc....
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 5, 2013 at 12:32am.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yes, and I'm selling them bit by bit as I realize I never display them. I either stopped liking them, or never really liked them to begin with. A waste of space and money, so I might as well recoup some of my losses. The only one I won't sell is Sy-Klone, as I'd like to have the complete 4th wave, but it's a garish, boring figure.

It goes the other way with me more often, however. Figures/characters grow on me for various reasons, which is why I have way more of these figures than I'd really like to own.
    Ok, now that you mention it, I bought Sy-Klone due to him being a Vintage figure of mine....I thought I'd like him more, but he has never grown on me one bit, bland, bright, nothing useful as far as accessories....at least the Vintage figure had play value with the action feature.

That being said, He's still on display and will stay there, mainly because he is representing that Vintage figure I used to own. I passed on Leech, same thing, I had him as a kid, but I can't get past the disproportions of his head and body....Here I actually prefer the Vintage figure.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    This was one of the main reasons I dropped one of my subscriptions. I love MOTUC, and I will collect the entire line, but last year I realized I was only opening a few of the figures for which I bought a second sub. So now I have 2 to 3 of most figures still MOC (haven't even opened the white mailers) and a selection of the one's I really, really want to display opened...

So, to answer the question, no, I have never regretted any of the figures as part of my collection (otherwise I would not subscribe). They will all be in the MOC collection, with a good many second purchases opened for display.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I sold Chief Carnivus, debating selling Dekker.
    What the Hell is your avatar? Is that clever photoshop or a custom head?!