Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I dont like the way toyguru said twice : " IF the toyline is going on in 2014" .................................................. ......................
    The same thing was said in early 2012, it's a crap ass way of phrasing things, but no one knows if there's a line for the next year, unless the subs go through. I'm sure, we'll see figures revealed for 2014, just as they were last year at SDCC....

Design wants to avoid any potential QC issues after Snout Spout. Too many upset fans to even risk this at this point.Better safe then sorry if you will.
    Really? Ruben is really batting 1000 with design decisions, Snout Spout was a one off foam trunk....I think using tired and true 30 year old methods would net good results....

Hey Ruben, just don't make them from foam....huge ass difference between bendy rubber and rotting foam.

Not in the least. Those are all legit variants with very different looks for core characters. A "filmation" varianjt Skeletor or Teela is just not different enough from the current version to use a slot right now (now that we are looking at trying to wrap up the vintage line by 2015). A character will only get a filmation "variant" if in filmation their look was signifigantly different from the figure look (like King Randor). Otherwise their are not plans right now for Filmation versions of characters.
    Clawful is a great one to do a variant of from Filmation, as is Hordak....and pack a damn Filmation Mer-Man head and armor in with someone. And a Skeletor one, just the head, you did the damn Alcala head, now do a Filmation one.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 5, 2013 at 10:35pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

You know, I really don't know that to think with these recent Q+As. On the one hand it is being presented like the 2014 is iffy (even if a sub will be offered), and then the statement from the latest questions where they want to wrap up the line by 2015 getting all the vintage characters out. If they are planning 2015- they HAVE to have at least an idea of what they are going to offer for 2014

This happens EVERY YEAR guys. And it's just the truth. No sub sales = no line. We've known this for years and years. I think, at this point, it's up to us not to flip out about it any more.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Further googling took me to http://www.directlink.com/2c.jsp a subsidiary of Sweden post that has a LA office.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The same thing was said in early 2012, it's a crap ass way of phrasing things, but no one knows if there's a line for the next year, unless the subs go through. I'm sure, we'll see figures revealed for 2014, just as they were last year at SDCC....

Really? Ruben is really batting 1000 with design decisions, Snout Spout was a one off foam trunk....I think using tired and true 30 year old methods would net good results....

Hey Ruben, just don't make them from foam....huge ass difference between bendy rubber and rotting foam.

Clawful is a great one to do a variant of from Filmation, as is Hordak....and pack a damn Filmation Mer-Man head and armor in with someone. And a Skeletor one, just the head, you did the damn Alcala head, now do a Filmation one.
    I hope you are right
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielSchenstrom View Post
    Further googling took me to http://www.directlink.com/2c.jsp a subsidiary of Sweden post that has a LA office.
    So it's likely TG is being straight with us here. The saddest thing is that Mattel's credibility has apparently eroded to the point that we automatically assume what we are being told is bantha poo-doo, even when it turns out the tale is probably true. That is a big problem Mattel needs to remedy if this or any other line at Matty is going to survive...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

TG is being straight, b/c that's what he and DR are told. However it's still a false answer, b/c we have the proof that our packages are being shipped overseas. For what it's worth, DR is currently investigating this, and while I don't expect anything to come of it, they are the ones who contacted me about it.

Still no answer as to why the international shipping prices are flat out wrong on some items. Why does Battle Cat cost $18 more to ship than Panthor? It just makes me think they make up their shipping prices as they see fit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSchenstrom View Post
    Thanks for that! I'm going to contact them! I still don't understand the Swedish post mark or destination status that whiplash7 posted.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I think you guys might be reading into things. We have a 2014 line on paper, it depends on hitting the min number of subs if it happens. As for the Swis office, this is 100% accurate. Packages don't go to Sweden, they go through the LA Swedish international office to get the best possible international rates before going straight to Canada (or wherever). All in the name of saving our international fans on shipping as Swedish post offers very competitive rates. Packages do not actually go to Sweden and never have.
    Thank-you for clarifiying this, TG. I'm glad to hear that 2014 is a go on paper, but that we still need to hit the minimum number of subs to go forward - just like what happened with 2013.

I think you guys might be reading into things. We have a 2014 line on paper, it depends on hitting the min number of subs if it happens. As for the Swis office, this is 100% accurate. Packages don't go to Sweden, they go through the LA Swedish international office to get the best possible international rates before going straight to Canada (or wherever). All in the name of saving our international fans on shipping as Swedish post offers very competitive rates. Packages do not actually go to Sweden and never have.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Now...when you say you have a 2014 line on paper...how is it laid out? I'm not looking for specific figures here...just, in what terms?

Is it on a napkin that is just drawn up in a "perfect world" scenario where it's 100% a go???...or is it more of a tiered plan that differs depending on the amount of subs get purchased?

For instance...
    150% sub sales = 12 monthly/4 quarterly/2 beasts
    125% sub sales = 12 monthly/4 quarterly oversized/beasts
    100% sub sales = 12 monthly
    90% sub sales = 6 bi-monthly
    0-89% = no sub

Do you have multiple schedules prior to the subscriptions going on sale that depend on sales?

We have a 2014 line on paper, it depends on hitting the min number of subs if it happens.
    Thank you!

As for the Swis office, this is 100% accurate. Packages don't go to Sweden, they go through the LA Swedish international office to get the best possible international rates before going straight to Canada (or wherever). All in the name of saving our international fans on shipping as Swedish post offers very competitive rates. Packages do not actually go to Sweden and never have.
    This does make sense. If our packages were sent to Sweden and then on to us we would avoid customs charges in Europe. Sadly we get charged fees, so they must be coming direct from an office in the USA.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Here's a question...

Why is it that it has been 2 weeks and I still have not been able to update my billing & shipping information"???!!!

The "my subscriptions page" does not allow me to change this information. I have called 1-877-GO-MATTY 4 times. I have requested this information to be changed everytime. I have spoken with 3 different CSR & 2 CS Managers. I have posted this problem 2xs on mattycollector forums.

It was stated, multiple times, by the Brand Manager that CS was & is being improved. That we would have contact information to a US based CS team. That DR CS was streamlined & would allow for efficent CS resoluntions. Oh yeah, and that the "my subscriptions" page would allow me to change my billing & shipping information & update my CC information. NONE of this has been experienced.

I feel, as a paying customer, decived by the Brand Manager. Also, as a customer, in my experince, that DR is, for whatever reasson, unable to fullfill it's obligatory services as a customer service team.

Your lack of action, deceptive Brand Management statements of improved processes has unilaterally rescinded the terms of my Club Eternia Subscription Terms!

As an organization, IMO, you should be ashamed from the lack of efficency & effectiveness in your business.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A bunch of new answers just went up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

OK - Im calling bullcrap on the slits in skirts answer. That should not be a 4H call - that should absolutely be a design call. Their job is, according to Scott, to make the 4H sculpts into functional toys. That would absolutely entail fixing anything that would hinder the articulation, as these skirts often do.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    OK - Im calling bullcrap on the slits in skirts answer. That should not be a 4H call - that should absolutely be a design call. Their job is, according to Scott, to make the 4H sculpts into functional toys. That would absolutely entail fixing anything that would hinder the articulation, as these skirts often do.
    I hate when they take choices that are no-brainers that would result in BETTER FIGURES and throw their hands up and say "We let other departments call the shots on this stuff!"
    I agree.
    NO.
    Make it a RULE. Say to design or the Horsemen or whoever: "Any skirted figure, male or female, for the sake of consistency and the sake of playability, should have SLITS on the side for improved movement."
    I understand letting folks have their freedom to do their jobs and whatnot- but certain, specific things... there should be a sterner guideline. After all, no more bendy parts is now a RULE. No more 2002 stylized heads is a RULE.
    A figure that has a skirt should be designed in such a way as to be able to move legs around SHOULD BE A RULE.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Why does he always bring up Snout Spout, but not the success of King Hsss's bendy arms?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why does he always bring up Snout Spout, but not the success of King Hsss's bendy arms?
    Because the foam is cheap and is what they want to use once it was discovered it was a viable alternative to the firmer, most costly, rubber. They don't want to admit that the rubber is more expensive so they just dance around it and use Snout Spout as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Because the foam is cheap and is what they want to use once it was discovered it was a viable alternative to the firmer, most costly, rubber. They don't want to admit that the rubber is more expensive so they just dance around it and use Snout Spout as an excuse.
    This is probably the exact reason. They are cheap. But then again, Gumbys have never been outrageously expensive, have they? I guess we can make a mold of Octavias arms, melt down a Gumby, use the wire from Gumby to lay in the mold and pour in Gumby to make our own arms.

The King Hiss dodging bugs the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    All those packages are without a doubt, going through Sweden. To say that they aren't, is just complete ********.
    Well, I got my Netossa last night and checked the label and I have to take back everything I said. There is nothing on the package to indicate that it went through Sweden.
    I guess it must just sit around in that Swedish sorting office for an eternity!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A bunch of new answers just went up!
    I thought his change in response regarding Fisto's availability (i.e.: "...at this time.") was interesting. I wonder if that has anything to do with his big announcement on Sunday.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

There are TONS of new answers! I'm still in the process of putting them up!

I'm not feeling that Grayskull dungeon monster answer. Not at all.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 11, 2013 at 05:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I'm not feeling that Grayskull dungeon monster answer. Not at all.
    It's a complete trash response. It should be included. I thought that part of this castle was that there wouldn't be stickers and everything would be sculpted.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    It's a complete trash response. It should be included. I thought that part of this castle was that there wouldn't be stickers and everything would be sculpted.
    I know. That was a spectacularly bad decision.