Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013

I don't understand why they can't be like, o.k. we will make the doorway larger, instead of, hey you don't like it cancel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    I don't understand why they can't be like, o.k. we will make the doorway larger, instead of, hey you don't like it cancel.
    Apparently, cost is the reason why they won't change it -- unless fans will pay more for a bigger Grayskull.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    "We are not cutting the dungeon. The dungeon was never offered or noted as being included at any point. You can't cut what wasn't offered."

THEN WHY WAS IT SHOWN DURING THE BIG "REVEAL" OF THE CASTLE?????

This is easily the most objectionable thing Scott has ever said. And since he's said so many objectionable things in the past, that is saying a LOT.

So basically the day after the big reveal they admit that they basically misrepresented the entire thing.

There are some pics floating around of all those pieces laying on a table, and I tell you - for $250+, what was on that table was the BARE minimum of what I'd expect to be included. MINIMUM.

Seems like the bit of humility Scott was showing after the sub sold so poorly last year has completely disappeared - now we are back to the blatant "to heck with the customers" mentality. I don't know how he does it, but this guy still has the ability to shock me with his anti-customer behavior.

I have to agree with the question about the dungeon grate & the Wind Raider. I haven't heard anyone say they'll use the Raider inside the Castle. Not only is it a dumb idea, no one wants it. Now we have to pray for an accessory pack with the grate & a man hole cover for the big hole in the middle of the floor.

I am happy with CG, very. But this whole Wind Raider thing is stupid, pointless & is keeping us from getting something we actually want. It would never fit in there & looks bad overall. Waste of tooling. Bad call.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    "We are not cutting the dungeon. The dungeon was never offered or noted as being included at any point. You can't cut what wasn't offered."

THEN WHY WAS IT SHOWN DURING THE BIG "REVEAL" OF THE CASTLE?????

This is easily the most objectionable thing Scott has ever said. And since he's said so many objectionable things in the past, that is saying a LOT.

So basically the day after the big reveal they admit that they basically misrepresented the entire thing.

There are some pics floating around of all those pieces laying on a table, and I tell you - for $250+, what was on that table was the BARE minimum of what I'd expect to be included. MINIMUM.
    I agree. He could have been way more diplomatic about this. "It's a shame we couldn't cost in the dungeon monsters, but if fans really want that dungeon and other Grayskull artifacts, let us know!"

Seems like the bit of humility Scott was showing after the sub sold so poorly last year has completely disappeared - now we are back to the blatant "to heck with the customers" mentality. I don't know how he does it, but this guy still has the ability to shock me with his anti-customer behavior.
    Yeah. People are going to remember this come summertime when it's time to resub. The fans remembered all of the stuff that he was saying last year too and it showed when it was time to renew the subscriptions. All of the goodwill that had come from the Filmation subscription might get counteracted by the tone of his Grayskull answers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

So according to Scott it's against legals policy to give the whole sub lineup with a disclaimer that it could change but it's perfectly fine with legal to produce a b sheet to pre sell a product with this is an estimate and then have the final product come in 2 inches shorter?

J

Well it said estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I think you guys might be reading into things. We have a 2014 line on paper, it depends on hitting the min number of subs if it happens. As for the Swis office, this is 100% accurate. Packages don't go to Sweden, they go through the LA Swedish international office to get the best possible international rates before going straight to Canada (or wherever). All in the name of saving our international fans on shipping as Swedish post offers very competitive rates. Packages do not actually go to Sweden and never have.

This last batch of answers leaned a little too much toward the snarky side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well it said estimate.
    Should say overestimate...

No matter what Scott says now, the blueprint showed the dungeon grate. It would make more sense to cut the dungeon walls keep the grate just under the trap and put the chains attached to the wall.
    I would also cut the wind raider hole... no need to ask why Scott only showed the flying stand and not the WR itself...
    I seriously doubt the 4HM did some of those odd design choices...they made the blueprint and someone else suggested the changes...

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So according to Scott it's against legals policy to give the whole sub lineup with a disclaimer that it could change but it's perfectly fine with legal to produce a b sheet to pre sell a product with this is an estimate and then have the final product come in 2 inches shorter?

J
    Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but when the preorder was offered for Grayskull and we got to see the plans and dimensions.......didn't Toyguru state that nothing would be cut from the plans that were posted to the customers? I thought it was, "More items may be added, but nothing listed will be cut."

And he now confirms that the final Grayskull is shorter than the b-sheet dimensions.

It looks like I have until my birthday to consider canceling my order.........and because Mattel falls "Short" on promises, again.......I am really considering it.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I don't see why the MOTUC team tricked everyone into pre-ordering without a final product being made. Are these people just ****ing stupid? How hard is it for them to make a copy of Castle Greyskull then open pre-orders for people who LIKE the final product instead of people being ****** off because they aren't getting what was promised.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder how they will get the Sorceress to sit on the throne? Seems to be it would require a new Sorceress figure.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I wonder how they will get the Sorceress to sit on the throne? Seems to be it would require a new Sorceress figure.
    Anybody seriously think the sorceress will be able to sit without cutting her wings?

This is the one we have all waited for. It is in scale with our 6” figures and chock full of every detail, crammed with accessories, and ideally will be sculpted to perfection soon (once we hit that minimum number of pre-orders on Nov 12th!). And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.

I found it. This sentence from Toyguru in the following thread is what prompted me to put in a preorder for Grayskull. Maybe it's just meant to be for the accessories, but I read that as whatever is in the blueprints is the smallest anything will be. There won't be less, but now we find out that Grayskull itself, is less.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rayskull+video
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

They will probably keep the fans busy talking about the dungeon piece and then later just include it with CG and say "hey, see we gave you the item you wanted for free", thus diverting the customers away from the size issue.
    Very disappointing answers. We've done CG in just two weeks, you don't want it then just cancel.

I'm glad I didn't PO the Castle, I was thinking much more for it. The dimensions seem off from the blueprints to me in the pics, and honestly the line doesn't have a play set feel to me, but this Castle does, I know it was going to mimic the Vintage Castle, but I was hoping to see a better more realistic interpretation instead of basically an upscaled much better sculpted Vintage piece. I don't know the Filmation buff in me wants a Filmation Castle, not a Vintage one. I will have to build a skeleton and try my own hand at sculpting a more Filmation facade, Taller and wider than the MOTUC version, to make it more proportionate.

Also the $300+ price tag was looming over my head. Now, I can turn focus to the few Transformers coming in August, like the much cheaper $125 Metroplex that I will actually do something with. Plus I love that damn box. Not to mention, now I think I will get the Filmation sub, because I will be selling off some 2013 sub figures. Octavia (possibly), Jitsu, NA He-Man, Karatti & Geldor.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    This is the one we have all waited for. It is in scale with our 6” figures and chock full of every detail, crammed with accessories, and ideally will be sculpted to perfection soon (once we hit that minimum number of pre-orders on Nov 12th!). And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.

I found it. This sentence from Toyguru in the following thread is what prompted me to put in a preorder for Grayskull. Maybe it's just meant to be for the accessories, but I read that as whatever is in the blueprints is the smallest anything will be. There won't be less, but now we find out that Grayskull itself, is less.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rayskull+video
    You are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Apparently, cost is the reason why they won't change it -- unless fans will pay more for a bigger Grayskull.

It's not some thing that "should" of had to be changed or cut though. How obvious is some thing like that. It's almost like me buying a vehicle for some thing, only to then realize that I can't fit my freakin figures inside of it! What's the point?!

To sculpt the castle to where you either can't or are having a hard time getting things through the door is absurd and BAD design plain and simple. I'm a HUGE fan of the horsemen, but *if* this was their call they blew it.

As they say you can always add, but you can't always take away. If the budget doesn't call for a lousy extra inch or so of clearance so that things can get through the door cut some thing that can be replaced LATER so that it can.

I'm sorry, but the responses are pretty lame and then you hear that if you don't like it just cancel....Yea...that's the attitude!

Cut back on the accessories if it doesn't fit the budget, offer them later down the road in a pack and get the base/structure of the castle right from the start.

Again...certain things can always be added later....
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; February 11, 2013 at 08:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    They will probably keep the fans busy talking about the dungeon piece and then later just include it with CG and say "hey, see we gave you the item you wanted for free", thus diverting the customers away from the size issue.
    Very disappointing answers. We've done CG in just two weeks, you don't want it then just cancel.

Very good conclusion !

They hold the grate in case we complain about someting !

The nato post above is unquestionable....

Nato needs to go back, highlight that area and prntscrn it for it cannot be edited in any way saying "I never said that..."

Just in case.

I don't think it's any kind of scam since you can cancel your pre-order in the summer.

Yea, true. That really makes it sting less for people. A lot less..

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree. He could have been way more diplomatic about this. "It's a shame we couldn't cost in the dungeon monsters, but if fans really want that dungeon and other Grayskull artifacts, let us know!"

Yeah. People are going to remember this come summertime when it's time to resub. The fans remembered all of the stuff that he was saying last year too and it showed when it was time to renew the subscriptions. All of the goodwill that had come from the Filmation subscription might get counteracted by the tone of his Grayskull answers.
    Yep, people will remember, just like last year when sub sales dropped. Combined with the insane prices, 2014 is going to be one very tough sell indeed. I would expect the begging and pleading again this year, although lately he seems all 'ho-hum' about the line ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I feel, as a paying customer, decived by the Brand Manager. Also, as a customer, in my experince, that DR is, for whatever reasson, unable to fullfill it's obligatory services as a customer service team.

Your lack of action, deceptive Brand Management statements of improved processes has unilaterally rescinded the terms of my Club Eternia Subscription Terms!

As an organization, IMO, you should be ashamed from the lack of efficency & effectiveness in your business.
    Completely agree, well said.

Two weeks is not a lot of time to sculpt something as big as CG, paint it, plop it into display, and say "We can't change anything; it's too late now." Yes, they can. They haven't had the time to accurately gauge how the sculpt works out, hence the "the walls will be thinner on the production" type answers.

I did notice that the suggestion to place the CG jawbridge into the base wasn't shot down as abruptly as the answers about the dungeon grate. Doesn't give me hope, but it is one change they can do to throw a bone to the fans whose pre-orders prompted the funding for this playset.

Don't get me wrong. I see way, way more about CG that I like than I dislike and I'm glad it's coming, but TG (corporate mode) has a way of leaving a bad taste in one's mouth.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!